The top new sunscreens for spring break
- Next1 of 10Jena Ardell/Getty Images
- Previous Next2 of 10Courtesy of Hawaiian Tropic
- Previous Next3 of 10Courtesy of Australian Gold
- Previous Next4 of 10Courtesy of Banana Boat
- Previous Next5 of 10Courtesy of Votre Vu
- Previous Next6 of 10Courtesy of Neutrogena
- Previous Next7 of 10Courtesy of Vichy
- Previous Next8 of 10Courtesy of Aveeno
- Previous Next9 of 10Courtesy of Coola
- Previous Next10 of 10Courtesy of Supergoop
- The top new sunscreens for spring break9 Things You Need to Stop Doing to Your Skin ASAP
- 15 Pretty Celeb Looks To Steal
- Beauty Secrets From A VS Supermodel
- 8 Unusual Beauty Tips You've Never Heard Of
- The 9 Hottest Nail Colors For Summer 2014
- 10 Beauty & Style Trends From South America
- Outrageous Nails: International Edition
- 13 Waterproof Beauty Products That Work
- 11 Cult Makeup & Hair Products From Asia
- 12 Ways You Apply Your Makeup Wrong
- This Season's Hottest Blonde Hair Colors
- 10 Essential Makeup Tips For Blondes
- 15 Most Iconic Blondes Of All Time
- Glo Tested: The Best Sunscreens for Summer
- 9 Short & Easy Celeb Haircuts To Steal Now
- 12 Beauty Secrets From a Top TV Host
- 13 Drugstore Beauty Buys the Experts Swear By
- 20 Life-Changing Ways To Use Bobby Pins
- 18 Next-Big-Thing Beauty Products
Hello, Sunshine!1 of 10
By Rachel Hayes
We're all for having fun in the sun, but we're also for being smart about it. Sun damage can lead to more than just premature aging: One in five Americans develops skin cancer annually, and about 90 percent of these cases are sun-related. Protecting your hide with a broad-spectrum formula (one that blocks both UVA and UVB rays) is essential. Here are Glo's nine favorite broad-spectrum sunscreens with a little something extra—from a great scent to a bronzing action, there's something here for most everyone.
What a Softie2 of 10
This new continuous-spray sunscreen works like an aerosol, evenly coating skin in a mist that's so fine you barely need to rub it in. In addition to blocking rays, the non-greasy formula also helps moisturize skin. Of course, it wouldn't be a true Hawaiian Tropic experience without that signature tropical scent that instantly puts you in a vacation state of mind.
SHOP NOW: Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration Clear Mist Spray, $9
Beyond the Pale3 of 10
Hitting the beach, but no time to get a spray tan beforehand? Get instant color with this spray. It contains Kona coffee–derived bronzers that provide an instant sun-kissed glow. It also dries super quickly, so it doesn't feel sticky. Added bonus? The oil-free formula is a safe bet for breakout-prone skin.
The Multitasker4 of 10
This hard-working lotion is loaded with aloe vera and antioxidant protection in the form of vitamins C and E. Use it as you would a daily moisturizer to protect skin from head to toe.
SHOP NOW: Banana Boat Protect & Hydrate Sunscreen Lotion SPF 30, $11
En Garde!5 of 10
This French favorite is 92 percent organic (certified by the French government) and feels whisper-light on the skin. Shiitake-mushroom extract is the hero ingredient: It's naturally rich in vitamins A, B, B2, and C, which smooth skin and even out tone. Lemon extract imparts a fresh scent while jojoba oil and vitamin D provide extra hydration.
SHOP NOW: Votre Vu En Garde, $29
Skin Shield6 of 10
This brand-new sunscreen is the very first that has been formulated to protect your skin from multiple summertime hazards. It not only shields you from the sun, it also provides a barrier that repels sand and other irritants.
SHOP NOW: Neutrogena Beach Defense Spray SPF 30, $10
A Mousse-Have7 of 10
This whipped-air mousse formula will make your sunscreen routine feel downright indulgent. Unlike most sunscreens, it contains skin-hydrating hyaluronic acid and antioxident-rich white-grape polyphenols. The light floral scent makes protection a pleasure.
SHOP NOW: Vichy Capital SPF 50 Lightweight Foaming Lotion, $29
Sensitive Skin S.O.S.8 of 10
If your skin flares up easily, try this broad-spectrum lotion that contains nourishing oats, which soothe and hydrate sensitive, irritated skin. The formula is also sweat- and water-resistant and oil-free.
SHOP NOW: Aveeno Protect + Hydrate SPF Lotion SPF 70, $9
Less Is More9 of 10
This spray's unscented formula is perfect for those who'd rather not smell like a banana daiquiri when they hit the beach. It's packed with natural ingredients, including cucumber and algae extract to hydrate and red-raspberry extract, which boosts your sun protection. What's more, it's also hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic (meaning it won't block pores), and is PABA-, paraben-, petroleum- and phthalate-free.
SHOP NOW: Coola Sport SPF 30 Unscented Sunscreen Spray, $32
Family Size10 of 10
The best way to get your whole brood to jump on the SPF bandwagon? Put this huge pump in the bathroom so everyone can slather up before getting dressed. This super-size fast-absorbing lightweight lotion should last you all summer long.
SHOP NOW: Supergoop SPF 30+ Endless Summer Pump, $48