Last call: 8 summer beauty trends to try now
- Next1 of 8Kevin Winter/Getty Images
- Previous Next2 of 8Dave M. Benett/Getty Images
- Previous Next3 of 8Jason Merritt/Getty Images
- Previous Next4 of 8Kristina Bumphrey/Startraksphoto.com
- Previous Next5 of 8Bauergriffinonline.com
- Previous Next6 of 8Jason Merritt/Getty Images
- Previous Next7 of 8Jean-Paul Aussenard/BAUER-GRIFFIN
- Previous Next8 of 8Dominique Charriau/WireImage
Platinum Level1 of 8
By Zoe Schaeffer
Beauty trends come and go—and these eight summer looks have about another month before their seasonal expiration date. Try them today and find out how to make them work come fall.
Jamie King’s superblond shade is as summery as it gets. To take this look into the cooler months, ask your colorist to blend in a few lowlights for a more natural effect.
Water Fall2 of 8
The wet look is an obvious summer style, worn here by a radiant Joan Smalls, but if the fall runways are any indication, this trend is here to stay. A little extra product will give hair the control that it needs to stand up to the chunky sweaters and lightweight leathers that you'll soon be wearing.
Made in the Shade3 of 8
This summer, the ombre-color style was less extreme than in seasons past. "Using the balayage technique [soft, hand-applied highlights] below the crown creates an organic look," says Warren-Tricomi colorist Kaz Amor of Jessica Biel's slightly bleached-out ends. For fall, he suggests adding warmer tones and dyeing the tips one or two shades darker.
Freshly Squeezed4 of 8
Bright orange nails have been all the rage during beach months. If you want to carry the trend into fall, then choose a hue with more earthy undertones, like the one worn by Jessica Lowndes. (We like Revlon Nail Enamel in Make Mine Mango, $5).
Bright Idea5 of 8
The pink-hair trend is moving into fuchsia territory. Ditch the pastels and bump the jewel-toned hair up a notch, like Amber LeBon, making it a better match for fall’s rich shades.
Pastel Palette6 of 8
Jemma Kidd, creator of Jemma Kidd Beauty, says that pastel shadows are best worn as washes of color across the lid, with softly blended edges and no hard lines. Taking a cue from Taylor Swift and adding individual lashes on the corners will accentuate and open the eyes.
Glow On7 of 8
The secret to getting Olivia Munn’s back-from-the-beach glow, and extending it into fall, is in the tools you choose. "Apply a shimmery powder with a natural-haired fluffy brush," says Kidd. You'll get lightweight, even color that you can build up as needed.
Lashing Out8 of 8
Flirty lashes teamed with minimal makeup, like Poppy Delevigne's look, is a fresh choice for summer nights. But come fall, a wash of bronzy shadow will add a dose of drama to go with the season's trends.
NEXT ON GLO: Top Self-Tanners to Extend Summer
- 7 Ways to Grow Out Your Bangs Gracefully
- Virgo's Personalized Astrological Guide
- New shopping service makes office-wear effortless
- The Ultimate Guide to Granny Chic
- Esquire: 14 Books Every Man Should Read
- 10 Style Rebels Who Changed Fashion
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession