Dry idea: Shampoo sans water
- Next1 of 14Edun Spring 2013: Imaxtree
- Previous Next2 of 14Courtesy of ELLE
- Previous Next3 of 14Courtesy of ELLE
- Previous Next4 of 14Courtesy of ELLE
- Previous Next5 of 14Glo
- Previous Next6 of 14Courtesy of ELLE
- Previous Next7 of 14Courtesy of ELLE
- Previous Next8 of 14Courtesy of ELLE
- Previous Next9 of 14Courtesy of ELLE
- Previous Next10 of 14Courtesy of ELLE
- Previous Next11 of 14Courtesy of ELLE
- Previous Next12 of 14Courtesy of ELLE
- Previous Next13 of 14Courtesy of ELLE
- Previous Next14 of 14Courtesy of ELLE
- Dry idea: Shampoo sans waterELLE 2013 Beauty Genius Awards
- Wigging Out
- 10 prettiest colors for spring
- The definitive guide to printed pants
- 15 Most Iconic Blondes Of All Time
- The 9 Hottest Nail Colors For Summer 2014
- 10 Beauty & Style Trends From South America
- 12 Beauty Secrets From a Top TV Host
- 13 Waterproof Beauty Products That Work
- 11 Cult Makeup & Hair Products From Asia
- 13 things women do better than men
- Side-swept bangs fix fringe regrets
- Starting Over
- Outrageous Nails: International Edition
- Glo Tested: The Best Sunscreens for Summer
- 9 Short & Easy Celeb Haircuts To Steal Now
- 12 Ways You Apply Your Makeup Wrong
- 13 Drugstore Beauty Buys the Experts Swear By
- 20 Life-Changing Ways To Use Bobby Pins
The 13 Top Dry Shampoos1 of 14
By Taylor Barringer for ELLE
Whether it's used to maintain a blowout just a few more days or to stave off washing your hair, dry shampoo has become a permanent fixture in women's beauty routines. Here, ELLE.com rounds up the 13 best dry shampoos on the market.
ON ELLE: Sexy Short Hair Styles to Try Now
Batiste2 of 14
Batiste comes in nine different scents to suit your mood including Cherry (light and fresh) and Wild (deep and musky). It refreshes your hair without weighing it down.
SHOP NOW: Batiste Dry Shampoo, $8
ON ELLE: Hot New Hair Trend For Spring 2013
Blow Pro3 of 14
This unscented powder absorbs oil and plumps hair. Blow Pro Faux Dry won't leave a sticky residue on your roots and the results will last for a few days.
SHOP NOW: Blow Pro Faux Dry Dry Shampoo, $14
ON ELLE: 3 Easy Updos for All Hair Lengths
Pssssst!4 of 14
The original dry shampoo comes in a light, powdery scent that leaves your hair refreshed for days, without the stickiness of most dry shampoos. It does leave a powdery finish on your roots, but it can easily be brushed out.
SHOP NOW: Pssssst! Dry Shampoo, $5
ON ELLE: The Top 100 Salons in America
René Furterer5 of 14
Basil, mint, and blackcurrant give this non-residue dry shampoo a subtle scent while leaving hair fresh and balanced. Because it uses rice and clay powders, you may need to brush your hair out after applying.
SHOP NOW: René Furterer Dry Shampoo, $8
Klorane Extra Gentle Dry Shampoo6 of 14
This award-winning dry shampoo comes in both aerosol and non-aerosol formulas. The lightly scented spray contains oat milk to nourish and is good for all hair colors.
SHOP NOW: Klorane Extra Gentle Dry Shampoo, $20
TRESemmé7 of 14
Available in three formulas (volumizing, strengthening and smoothing) TRESemmé’s dry shampoos revitalize the hair and keep it fresh for days.
SHOP NOW: TRESemmé Fresh Start Dry Shampoo, $5
Oribe8 of 14
While technically not a dry shampoo (it was developed to add texture to hairstyles) Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray does help to refresh hair when need be. Scented with their signature amber, lychee, coconut and edelweiss scent, it works to revive hairstyles, and add texture and volume. It does leave a sticky residue (for texture) but it will absorb oil for a day or two.
SHOP NOW: Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray, $39
Oscar Blandi9 of 14
Scented with lemon verbena, this spray will leave your hair oil-free for days. While it does distribute a powdery finish on the hair, it can easily be brushed out.
SHOP NOW: Oscar Blandi Dry Shampoo Spray, $11
Dove10 of 14
This dry shampoo absorbs oil and is formulated with Dove hydrators to add moisture and bounce to your hair. The scent is fresh, but can be a bit strong, so don't spray it in close quarters.
SHOP NOW: Dove Invigorating Dry Shampoo, $5
Philip B.11 of 14
Part of Philip B.’s famous Russian Amber Imperial line, this dry shampoo will give a weightless boost to your roots. It goes on almost wet and dries down to a gleaming finish. It doesn't mattify hair like most dry shampoos—so it looks shiny and healthy, not greasy.
SHOP NOW: Philip B. Russian Amber Imperial Dry Shampoo, $28
Sachajuan12 of 14
Though technically a volume powder, this matte finish spray will leave your hair fresh and free of oil. Because it uses powder to add volume, you may need to brush your hair out after applying it, depending on the color of your hair.
SHOP NOW: Sachajuan Volume Powder, $18
Serge Normant13 of 14
A dry shampoo and root volumizer all in one, this dry shampoo won't leave a residue on your roots. It's light, fresh scent isn't overpowering and will last for a few days.
SHOP NOW: Serge Normant Meta Revive Dry Shampoo, $25
Got2b14 of 14
Add tons of volume and freshen your hair with this dry shampoo. It will leave your hair feeling clean with no powdery finish.
SHOP NOW: Got2b Fresh & Full Dry Shampoo, $2
- 10 Creative Braids You Have to See to Believe
- Fitness Clothes You Can Wear Outside the Gym
- Christian Louboutin for your nails
- How to Clean Your House in 10 Minutes
- 10 Things You Can Never Change About a Man
- 10 Tricks For Faking Bigger Eyes
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession