8 Must-Try Asian Beauty Products
- Next1 of 9Courtesy of Sephora/DHC
- Previous Next2 of 9Courtesy of Amarte Skincare
- Previous Next3 of 9Courtesy of Tatcha
- Previous Next4 of 9Courtesy of Koh Gen Do
- Previous Next5 of 9Courtesy of Hada Labo Tokyo
- Previous Next6 of 9Courtesy of Walmart
- Previous Next7 of 9Courtesy of Sephora
- Previous Next8 of 9Courtesy of DHC
- Previous Next9 of 9Courtesy of Sephora
- 8 Must-Try Asian Beauty Products9 Things You Need to Stop Doing to Your Skin ASAP
- 15 Pretty Celeb Looks To Steal
- Beauty Secrets From A VS Supermodel
- 8 Unusual Beauty Tips You've Never Heard Of
- The 9 Hottest Nail Colors For Summer 2014
- 10 Beauty & Style Trends From South America
- Outrageous Nails: International Edition
- 13 Waterproof Beauty Products That Work
- 11 Cult Makeup & Hair Products From Asia
- 12 Ways You Apply Your Makeup Wrong
- This Season's Hottest Blonde Hair Colors
- 10 Essential Makeup Tips For Blondes
- 15 Most Iconic Blondes Of All Time
- Glo Tested: The Best Sunscreens for Summer
- 9 Short & Easy Celeb Haircuts To Steal Now
- 12 Beauty Secrets From a Top TV Host
- 13 Drugstore Beauty Buys the Experts Swear By
- 20 Life-Changing Ways To Use Bobby Pins
- 18 Next-Big-Thing Beauty Products
Big in Asia1 of 9
By Lisa Cohen Lee
It seems that Asian women are ahead of the curve when it comes to beauty trends: First came oil blotting rice papers from Japan, then, more recently, BB creams from Korea, followed soon after by CC creams, also from Asia. Find out what might be next with Glo's guide to the latest skincare product from the Far East.
Soy Far, Soy Good2 of 9
If gritty scrubs irritate your sensitive skin, you'll love Korean brand Amarte Skincare's powder exfoliator. The blend of crushed soybeans and pearls turns into foam when mixed with water, resulting in a gentle cleanser that removes dry skin.
SHOP NOW: Amarte Daily ExfoliPowder, $35, amarteskincare.com
Solid Gold3 of 9
Beauty oils have already made a splash here, but the liquid lubes have been an anti-aging beauty secret in Asia for years. This one from Japanese cosmetics company Tatcha has flecks of 24-karat gold for subtle shimmer.
SHOP NOW: Tatcha GOLD Camellia Beauty Oil, $125, tatcha.com
Picture Perfect4 of 9
This foundation from Japanese brand Koh Gen Do helps you achieve that coveted post-facial glow. The liquid formula provides natural coverage, and once applied, reflects light to erase uneven skin tone or shadows.
SHOP NOW: Koh Gen Do Maifanshi Aqua Foundation, $62, kohgendocosmetics.com
Power Player5 of 9
Tokyo-based company Hada Labo makes an anti-aging serum-cream hybrid that definitely does not get lost in translation. The jelly-like formula combines three types of hyaluronic acid, a natural ingredient that draws moisture to your skin's surface and helps reduce the appearance of fine lines.
SHOP NOW: Hada Labo Tokyo Skin Plumping Gel Cream, $25, drugstore.com
Fine Tissue6 of 9
Nope, this isn't part of a Halloween costume. A popular trend in Asia, these tissue masks cover your entire face, ensuring that the active ingredients stay in contact with skin long enough to be effective. Recently, Garnier came out with their own version of the mask designed to fade dark spots.
SHOP NOW: Garnier Skin Renew Dark Spot Treatment Mask, $15 for 6, walmart.com
Take Root7 of 9
This sponge from Japanese brand Boscia is made entirely from the fibers of the konjac root, a wild plant native to Asia. The ultra-soft cleansing tool is naturally enriched with vitamins and gently exfoliates your skin.
SHOP NOW: Boscia Konjac Cleansing Sponge, $18, sephora.com
Super Shrooms8 of 9
This skin-smoothing formula, from Japanese company DHC, contains maitake and reishi mushrooms, which studies show can help soothe skin and reduce redness. Made without any added chemicals or fragrance, the cream has mushroom-brown hue and earthy aroma that may take a little getting used to.
SHOP NOW: DHC Kakonjuka Essence, $32, dhccare.com
Melt Away9 of 9
What do we expect from the Korean company that launched the BB craze in the U.S.? An equally frenzy-worthy skin cream. Warm a dime-size amount of Dr. Jart's antioxidant-rich balm between your palms before applying to your face. The cream melts into your skin, absorbing deeply for a smoother and brighter complexion without leaving any greasy, oily residue.
SHOP NOW: Dr. Jart+ Renewalist Melting Cream, $38, sephora.com