13 Waterproof Beauty Products That Work
- Next1 of 14Courtesy of Sephora; Illamasqua
- Previous Next2 of 14Courtesy of L'Oreal
- Previous Next3 of 14Courtesy of Laura Mercier
- Previous Next4 of 14Courtesy of MAC
- Previous Next5 of 14Courtesy of Sephora
- Previous Next6 of 14Courtesy of Illamasqua
- Previous Next7 of 14Courtesy of Sephora
- Previous Next8 of 14Courtesy of Sephora
- Previous Next9 of 14Courtesy of Target
- Previous Next10 of 14Courtesy of Anastasia Beverly Hills
- Previous Next11 of 14Courtesy of Sephora
- Previous Next12 of 14Courtesy of Amazon
- Previous Next13 of 14Courtesy of Sephora
- Previous Next14 of 14Courtesy of Sunday Riley
- 13 Waterproof Beauty Products That Work9 Things You Need to Stop Doing to Your Skin ASAP
- 15 Pretty Celeb Looks To Steal
- Beauty Secrets From A VS Supermodel
- 8 Unusual Beauty Tips You've Never Heard Of
- The 9 Hottest Nail Colors For Summer 2014
- 10 Beauty & Style Trends From South America
- Outrageous Nails: International Edition
- 11 Cult Makeup & Hair Products From Asia
- 12 Ways You Apply Your Makeup Wrong
- 13 Drugstore Beauty Buys the Experts Swear By
- This Season's Hottest Blonde Hair Colors
- 10 Essential Makeup Tips For Blondes
- 15 Most Iconic Blondes Of All Time
- Glo Tested: The Best Sunscreens for Summer
- 9 Short & Easy Celeb Haircuts To Steal Now
- 12 Beauty Secrets From a Top TV Host
- 20 Life-Changing Ways To Use Bobby Pins
- 18 Next-Big-Thing Beauty Products
- Mother's Day Gift Guide 2014
Staying Power1 of 14
By Melissa Magsaysay
When temperatures soar into balmy, bordering-on-uncomfortable territory, we are bound to seek relief at the beach, the pool or with a run through the sprinklers. But a sky-rocketing barometer and a day spent in the water don't have to mean runny mascara and smudged concealer. Arm yourself with these 13 beauty products designed to withstand water, sweat and maybe even a swan dive into the deep end.
Butterfly Effect2 of 14
When you're in the water, mascara's always the first thing to go. Avoid raccoon eyes with L'Oréal's waterproof formula, which gives lashes a flirty, fanned out effect that lasts.
SHOP NOW: L'Oréal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Waterproof Mascara, $9, ulta.com
Prime Time3 of 14
Laura Mercier's water-based primer, good for those with oily, combination, sensitive and normal skin, sets makeup, helping it to stay on regardless of hot weather or wet conditions. It's made with moisturizing jojoba oil and infused with a subtle bronzer to give your skin a sun-kissed finish.
SHOP NOW: Laura Mercier Foundation Primer Radiance Bronze, $33, sephora.com
High Brow4 of 14
MAC's new collection of waterproof eyebrow products, including a long-wearing gel and brush, are designed to set, fill in and angle brows beautifully.
SHOP NOW: MAC Cosmetics The Waterproof Brow Collection, $16 to $20, maccosmetics.com
Up in Smoke5 of 14
Urban Decay's creamy, highly pigmented eyeliner lets you create hard and angled or soft and smoky lines, Even better, its fast-drying, waterproof formula means you don't having to worry about what your eyes will look like after you've toweled off.
SHOP NOW: Urban Decay Super-Saturated Ultra Intense Waterproof Cream Eyeliner, $22, sephora.com
Pucker Up6 of 14
Finish off that poolside pinup look with a seriously pigmented pout. Just apply Illamasqua's gloss to your lips, which glides on as a liquid but dries to a rich and vibrant matte color.
SHOP NOW: Illamasqua Matte Lip Liquid, $30, illamasqua.com
Lasting Impression7 of 14
Turn any powder or pencil into a waterproof formula with Make Up For Ever's transformative liquid. All you have to do is mix a few drops of the formula with product and apply immediately.
SHOP NOW: Make Up For Ever Aqua Seal, $21, sephora.com
ARE WE FRIENDS YET? Like Glo on Facebook
Gold Standard8 of 14
Skin stays bronze and contoured with Hourglass's waterproof powder, which is designed to withstand outdoor activities and summer heat. Sweep it along the tops of the cheekbones and across the jaw line for glowing definition.
SHOP NOW: Hourglass Superficial Waterproof Bronzer, $45, sephora.com
Under Cover9 of 14
This waterproof concealer stick by NYX Cosmetics gives blemishes and under-eye circles medium to heavy coverage. Simply blend into your skin using your fingertips, sponge or a brush.
SHOP NOW: NYX Concealer, $5, target.com
Magic Wand10 of 14
Mix Anastasia Beverly Hills clear gel with any powder, loose pigment or even glitter to make your favorite makeup instantly waterproof. Depending on what kind of coverage you want, you can adjust the amount of powder and gel accordingly.
SHOP NOW: Anastasia Beverly Hills Beauty Genius, $18, sephora.com
Freeze Frame11 of 14
Set makeup with a spritz of Urban Decay's moisture-resistant spray. The formula is supposed to cool the surface of your makeup and hold it in place, keeping your foundation, eyeshadow, blush and concealer from smudging.
SHOP NOW: Urban Decay Chill Setting Spray, $30, sephora.com
Beautiful Finish12 of 14
If you need an even stronger makeup-setting spray, this version by Ben Nye is a popular product with actors who have to film for long hours under hot lights. Mist it over your makeup whenever you know you'll be sweating or swimming.
SHOP NOW: Ben Nye Final Seal Spray, $16, amazon.com
A Fine Line13 of 14
Keep your lip color defined with Make Up For Ever's waterproof lip liner. Jojoba wax and vitamin E make it moisturizing and easy to apply, while silicone oils help the creamy formula stand up to H2O. Plus, the liner comes in 25 flattering shades.
SHOP NOW: Make Up For Ever Aqua Lip Waterproof Lip Liner Pencil, $19, sephora.com
True Colors14 of 14
Keep foundation light and natural during the hot summer weather with Sunday Riley's color-correcting formula. The foundation is also heat- and water-resistant, so your skin stays perfect in and out of the pool.
SHOP NOW: Sunday Riley Liquid Light Color Correcting Luminous HD Foundation, $52, sundayriley.com
ARE WE FRIENDS YET? Like Glo on Facebook