What 50 Looks Like
- Next1 of 14Mike Marsland/WireImage
- Previous Next2 of 14Simon James/FilmMagic
- Previous Next3 of 14ANDEL NGAN/AFP/Getty Images
- Previous Next4 of 14Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage
- Previous Next5 of 14Kevin Winter/Getty Images
- Previous Next6 of 14Jim Spellman/WireImage
- Previous Next7 of 14Michael Tran/FilmMagic
- Previous Next8 of 14GABRIEL BOUYS/AFP/Getty Images
- Previous Next9 of 14Ferdaus Shamim/WireImage
- Previous Next10 of 14Jordan Strauss/WireImage
- Previous Next11 of 14Kevin Mazur/WireImage
- Previous Next12 of 14Mark Sullivan/WireImage
- Previous Next13 of 14Jon Kopaloff/FilmMagic
- Previous Next14 of 14Mike Marsland/WireImage
50 Years Young1 of 14
By Zoe Schaeffer
Wondering what fifty-something looks like today? We rounded up 12 stunning quinquagenarians who are changing the way we see the Golden Years. Find out how they do it.
Christie Brinkley, 572 of 14
The one-time Sports Illustrated model has managed to maintain her all-American radiance through a vegetarian diet and plenty of exercise. To accentuate cheekbones, which gravity can't touch, Rose-Marie Swift, creator of RMS Beauty, recommends going slightly lighter than Brinkley's spotlight-ready version. Try a cream formula, which is easier to control than powder and will give skin a dewy glow.
Michelle Pfeiffer, 533 of 14
"Less is more when it comes mature skin," says Swift of Pfeiffer, who opts for minimal makeup and instead glams up her look with tousled curls.
Iman, 564 of 14
At 56, Iman has the same glow that first lit up the catwalks 30 years ago. Sonya Dakar, owner of Sonya Dakar Clinic in Beverly Hills, says that women her age should exfoliate three times a week with a gentle peptide cleanser for radiant skin.
Rita Wilson, 555 of 14
As one half of Hollywood's most loved couple, Wilson still has that girl-next-door charm, even at 55. Subtle highlights and neutral makeup make her look effortlessly pretty.
Julianne Moore, 516 of 14
The fair-skinned actress, who doesn't need to layer on heavy foundation, proves that years of diligent sun protection pay off.
Oprah Winfrey, 577 of 14
"Oprah's makeup always looks spot-on for who she is and what she stands for," says Swift. "She leans toward a sophisticated strong eye, while her blush is always the right color and her lips never overpower her look."
Bo Derek, 558 of 14
She once broke hearts running down a beach in a red bathing suit and cornrows. Now 55, Bo Derek represents the new Golden Years.
Annette Bening, 539 of 14
"To me, Annette Bening is a woman who is growing older with elegance and grace," says Swift. "Her makeup is simple and clean, and she doesn't try to look like anyone other than herself."
Angela Bassett, 5310 of 14
Swift says that light-reflecting qualities in makeup can help make skin of any age look youthful. Here, Bassett's shimmery shadow helps her eyes sparkle.
Madonna, 5311 of 14
Over the years, Madonna has emerged as a style icon, with a look that has evolved from punk in the '80s to polished today. "Her healthy diet and exercise routine have definitely paid off," says Swift.
SEARCH: Has Madge had work done?
Kim Basinger, 5812 of 14
Although nearing 60, Basinger still looks as beautiful as she did in her steamy 9 1/2 Weeks role. Rumor has it that she keeps her skin toned and smooth thanks to a collagen therapy gel.
Rene Russo, 5713 of 14
Layering heavy makeup on aging skin builds itself into fine lines and dries skin out after a few hours, says Swift. Rene Russo still manages to keep it natural with some mascara, nude gloss and a hint of blush.
Sharon Stone, 5314 of 14
"She can carry off a red lip so well," says Swift. If your coloring is similar to Stone's, then try a cool red with a hint of pink in it, while a true red will work on all skin tones.
MORE ON GLO: Is your hair aging you?
- How to look effortlessly hot at the gym
- The 14 Best Couples' Halloween Costumes
- The only way to celebrate National Cat Day
- The Best Guest Beds Under $999
- 8 Bargain Shopping Tricks You've Never Tried
- The 22 Most Bizarre Names For Wall Paints
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession