What Do Your Brows Say About You?
- Next1 of 17Glo
- Previous Next2 of 17CAMERA PRESS/Tina Paul/ Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next3 of 17Ron Galella/WireImage
- Previous Next4 of 17Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images
- Previous Next5 of 17Jon McKee/Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next6 of 17Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage
- Previous Next7 of 17Kevin Mazur/WireImage
- Previous Next8 of 17Stephen Lovekin/Getty Images
- Previous Next9 of 17Jim Smeal/WireImage
- Previous Next10 of 17Frank Micelotta/Getty Images
- Previous Next11 of 17Kevin Mazur/WireImage
- Previous Next12 of 17Cliff Lipson/WireImage
- Previous Next13 of 17Nick Harvey/WireImage
- Previous Next14 of 17Bryan Bedder/Getty Images
- Previous Next15 of 17Ron Galella/WireImage
- Previous Next16 of 17Dave M. Benett/Getty Images
- Previous Next17 of 17Stefanie Keenan/WireImage
- What Do Your Brows Say About You?9 Things You Need to Stop Doing to Your Skin ASAP
- 15 Pretty Celeb Looks To Steal
- Beauty Secrets From A VS Supermodel
- 8 Unusual Beauty Tips You've Never Heard Of
- The 9 Hottest Nail Colors For Summer 2014
- 10 Beauty & Style Trends From South America
- Outrageous Nails: International Edition
- 13 Waterproof Beauty Products That Work
- 11 Cult Makeup & Hair Products From Asia
- 12 Ways You Apply Your Makeup Wrong
- This Season's Hottest Blonde Hair Colors
- 10 Essential Makeup Tips For Blondes
- 15 Most Iconic Blondes Of All Time
- Glo Tested: The Best Sunscreens for Summer
- 9 Short & Easy Celeb Haircuts To Steal Now
- 12 Beauty Secrets From a Top TV Host
- 13 Drugstore Beauty Buys the Experts Swear By
- 20 Life-Changing Ways To Use Bobby Pins
- 18 Next-Big-Thing Beauty Products
Beauty_BrowsIntroCard_v021 of 17Beauty What Your Brows Say About You Introcard
Brooke Shields2 of 17
By Abby Gardner
God bless Brooke Shields and her thick brows. More women should own their natural shape with such confidence. "It's hard to bash the 'Brooke Shields brow'," says Sarah Uslan, co-founder of the Luxe Beauty Team. "However, if her brows were a little bit more arched, yet still full, her face would look more lifted and awake."
Brooke Shields Flashback3 of 17
"Now this is the classic Brooke Shields brow that I always refer to when speaking about the ideal thicker and fuller brow," says Sarah. This look has been my personal shape inspiration for as long as I can remember. I love that Brooke stuck to her guns as a young actress and a grown woman.
Michelle Obama4 of 17
So many things about our First Lady's style scream intelligence and self-assuredness. But doesn't that arch in her brow say simply, "You don't want to mess with me"? Here's guessing Sasha, Malia and Barack have seen its power once or twice.
Pamela Anderson5 of 17
Pam has always rocked the very thin brow that's a staple of pin-up girls past and present. It's not for everyone, yet I can't imagine her any other way. Brow guru Anastasia thinks they give off a "fearless" vibe. And Pam is nothing if not that.
Kim Kardashian6 of 17
Like all things Kardashian, Kim's brows are perfect and calculated. Anastasia says this look is "secure and confident, but still sexy. This would be a power brow." She's the kind of girl that never has a hair out of place ... on her head or her face.
Fergie7 of 17
Personally, these are a little too thin for my liking. And Sarah agrees: "I would have her grow them out to allow the head of the brow to be a bit fuller and the arch should be a little lower and softer." On the other hand, they totally make the statement that this woman knows what she likes and doesn't care how dramatic that might be.
Jennifer Connelly8 of 17
Thick brows do not mean ungroomed brows, as evidenced here by Jennifer. They suit her casual glamour and demeanor perfectly.
Jennifer Connelly Flashback9 of 17
Obviously, young Miss Connelly learned some of those grooming lessons over the years. It's never too late to start, ladies. Tweezers can work magic.
Megan Fox10 of 17
These brows are all starlet, all the way. Anastasia describes them as "sexy and feminine" — and that they are. But they also take a lot of maintenance, and this type of girl is one who doesn't mind spending that kind of time on her appearance.
Jennifer Lopez11 of 17
Fierce. That's really all that comes to mind when I see J. Lo's brows. They suit her face shape perfectly and the color is perfectly complementary to her hair. This is one detail-oriented woman.
Jennifer Lopez Flashback12 of 17
Still spot-on with the color, but I'm glad to see that Jennifer let those brows grow a bit since the early days of her career. To be fair, the stenciled brow was a popular trend in the '90s.
Camilla Belle13 of 17
Here's a girl who goes against the grain, not afraid to have a unique, thicker shape to her brows when most of her young Hollywood peers are over-tweezing their little hearts outs. Here's to an independent spirit.
Halle Berry14 of 17
That perfect arch makes me feel like there's something mysterious and a little mischievous lurking there ... in the best way. Halle, these brows are darn near perfect.
Halle Berry Flashback15 of 17
I think we have a winner for Most Improved Brows. Don't you agree? Not that these are bad, but you can see what a difference some sculpting can do for the face.
Gwyneth Paltrow16 of 17
"This is a case of camouflage brow," says Sarah. "She needs a tint. Brows frame the face, so if they're barely there, your best features can become lost." Though on the flip side, they also make for a very natural, unconcerned beauty. Anastasia thinks they show a softness and elegance.
Eva Mendes17 of 17
"The perfect brow," declares Sarah. And I can't disagree. They make an open, warm, inviting statement just with their shape alone.
- 30 Books Every Woman Should Read by 30
- Hey, Stud! 8 Statement Earrings
- Doh! The MAC x The Simpsons collection is finally
- Bizarre beauty secrets from backstage
- 9 Must-Have Laundry Room Upgrades
- Signs You're a Social Media Narcissist
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession