What Guys Think Of 10 Hair Trends
- Next1 of 11Franziska Krug/Getty Images
- Previous Next2 of 11Amanda Edwards/WireImage
- Previous Next3 of 11REX USA/Rob Latour
- Previous Next4 of 11REX USA/Everett Collection/Jason LaVeris/FilmMagic
- Previous Next5 of 11Franziska Krug/Getty Images
- Previous Next6 of 11Paul Archuleta/FilmMagic
- Previous Next7 of 11Jacopo Raule/GC Images/Getty Images
- Previous Next8 of 11Mike Marsland/WireImage
- Previous Next9 of 11REX USA/Picture Perfect
- Previous Next10 of 11Chelsea Lauren/Getty Images
- Previous Next11 of 11Antonio de Moraes Barros Filho/WireImage
- What Guys Think Of 10 Hair Trends9 Things You Need to Stop Doing to Your Skin ASAP
- 15 Pretty Celeb Looks To Steal
- Beauty Secrets From A VS Supermodel
- 8 Unusual Beauty Tips You've Never Heard Of
- The 9 Hottest Nail Colors For Summer 2014
- 10 Beauty & Style Trends From South America
- Outrageous Nails: International Edition
- 13 Waterproof Beauty Products That Work
- 11 Cult Makeup & Hair Products From Asia
- 12 Ways You Apply Your Makeup Wrong
- This Season's Hottest Blonde Hair Colors
- 10 Essential Makeup Tips For Blondes
- 15 Most Iconic Blondes Of All Time
- Glo Tested: The Best Sunscreens for Summer
- 9 Short & Easy Celeb Haircuts To Steal Now
- 12 Beauty Secrets From a Top TV Host
- 13 Drugstore Beauty Buys the Experts Swear By
- 20 Life-Changing Ways To Use Bobby Pins
- 18 Next-Big-Thing Beauty Products
A Guy Thing1 of 11
By Tiffany Tse
Thinking about trying blunt bangs or the wet look? While you shouldn't let a guy's opinion stop you (after all, it's your hair), a candid male perspective on women's beauty trends can be illuminating and downright hilarious. Read on to see what our guy friends have to say about ten different looks.
Pony Up2 of 11
His take: "Not a huge fan of Emma Roberts' look generally, but her low ponytail looks great. It's a nice mix of casual and formal, and makes her seem glamorous yet attainable and easygoing. I'd love to see this style on a girl when I'm out on a date with her." —Sam White
Our take: Glad this one's a winner. This versatile look works for both casual and formal occasions, and even better, it doesn't take long to pull together.
Straight Shooter3 of 11
His take: "Full disclosure: I think Olivia Munn is really sexy almost all the time. That said, in my opinion the super-straight hair doesn't suit her. The style makes her look fierce—not in a good way—and ages her. If you're going for an ice queen look, then I say go for it, but be warned." —Sam White
Our take: While sleek, stick-straight hair does convey a more severe vibe, the style's also edgy and fashion-forward. Plus, looking like an ice queen isn't always a bad thing.
Neat as a Pin4 of 11
His take: "At first glance, I wasn't a fan of Kate Mara's hair. But it made me do a double take, and that's always a good thing. After another look, I was attracted because she was confident enough to try the style and ultimately because Kate Mara pulled off the lighter tips." —Jonny Black
Our take: The look is cool, daring and different, though we think having a professional stylist help out with those bobby pins is key.
Real Slick5 of 11
His take: "Emma Watson's slicked-back hair is definitely a strong look, but this sort of gives off the vibe that she's trying to take me home and tie me up later in the night (and not in a good way). I'm definitely for girls that show confidence and independence, but I'd try a different look." —Jonny Black
Our take: We think the wet hair look is sexy and sophisticated, a cool style to try for a girls' night out. (Also, when is it ever a bad thing to be tied up by Emma Watson?)
Weave Around6 of 11
His take: "I'm not a fan of updos like this. It seems like a lot of work to look like you're walking around with a wicker basket on your head." —Max Miller
Our take: We get that a dude isn't into milkmaid braids, but we'd still like to test-drive Busy Philipps' playful plaits—just maybe not on a first date.
RELATED: 15 Must-Have Zodiac Jewelry Designs
ARE WE FRIENDS YET? Like Glo on Facebook
Flipping Out7 of 11
His take: "It's near impossible for Jessica Alba to look bad, so this style works on her. That being said, it's still a little odd. She seems to be a pair of thick-rimmed glasses and an electric razor away from being Skrillex." —Max Miller
Our take: Did he just compare Jessica Alba to Skrillex? True, the '80s-inspired hair flip isn't for everyone, but Alba's version—sleek and shiny without too much volume—makes it wearable.
Tickled Pink8 of 11
His take: "I appreciate that she can't fully commit to the dye. It says that she's spontaneous, maybe even a little haphazard. It looks like she made a mistake … and perhaps her next mistake will be me." –Nick Garland
Our take: Temporarily coloring a few strands a la Miller or even your entire head (see: Nicole Richie) is popular now. Part of the fun is that many products easily wash out, so you don't have to fully commit. We're all for this trend, especially if you're allowed to show up to work with pink hair.
Top Notch9 of 11
His take: "Kate Hudson kind of looks like how my mom used to while slaving over dinner after a 10-hour workday. Throw on some sweats and she could set the fashion world afire with her new trend 'exhausted-mom chic.'" —Nick Garland
Our take: Nowadays, we see topknot buns as appropriate, pretty updos for cocktail parties and weddings—maybe Nick's mom was ahead of her time.
RELATED: Hottest Aries in Hollywood
Life's a Beach10 of 11
His take: "Not really digging Emmy Rossum's just-left-the-beach look. Seems as though she just had a one-night stand and was in a hurry to leave in the morning." —Chris Kim
Our take: We respectfully disagree! Messy, beachy waves, which were big on the spring runways, are almost universally flattering and Rossum looks fantastic.
Fringe Benefits11 of 11
His take: "I generally don't mind bangs, but I believe you must proceed with caution because it only works on a few individuals." —Chris Kim
Our take: Blunt bangs certainly aren't for everyone, but Rihanna's got the right face shape and forehead to rock this style. If you do too, go for it!
ARE WE FRIENDS YET? Like Glo on Facebook