What Your Blowout Style Says About You
- Next1 of 11Catwalking/Getty Images
- Previous Next2 of 11Frazer Harrison/Getty Images
- Previous Next3 of 11Karl Prouse/Catwalking/Getty Images
- Previous Next4 of 11Karl Prouse/Catwalking/Getty Images
- Previous Next5 of 11Frazer Harrison/Getty Images
- Previous Next6 of 11Chris Moore/Catwalking/Getty Images
- Previous Next7 of 11Lisa Perry/Imaxtree
- Previous Next8 of 11Catwalking/Getty Images
- Previous Next9 of 11Just Cavalli/Imaxtree
- Previous Next10 of 11Frazer Harrison/Getty Images
- Previous Next11 of 11Carolina Herrera/Imaxtree
- What Your Blowout Style Says About You9 Things You Need to Stop Doing to Your Skin ASAP
- 15 Pretty Celeb Looks To Steal For Summer
- Beauty Secrets From A VS Supermodel
- 8 Unusual Beauty Tips You've Never Heard Of
- The 9 Hottest Nail Colors For Summer 2014
- 10 Beauty & Style Trends From South America
- Outrageous Nails: International Edition
- 13 Waterproof Beauty Products That Work
- 11 Cult Makeup & Hair Products From Asia
- 12 Ways You Apply Your Makeup Wrong
- This Season's Hottest Blonde Hair Colors
- 10 Essential Makeup Tips For Blondes
- 15 Most Iconic Blondes Of All Time
- Glo Tested: The Best Sunscreens for Summer
- 9 Short & Easy Celeb Haircuts To Steal Now
- 12 Beauty Secrets From a Top TV Host
- 13 Drugstore Beauty Buys the Experts Swear By
- 20 Life-Changing Ways To Use Bobby Pins
- 18 Next-Big-Thing Beauty Products
Blow by Blow1 of 11
By Morgan Olsen
Every girl's got a preference when it comes to her favorite blowout style, whether it's sleek, straight hair or Texas-style volume. Check out ten popular looks and what your preferred style might reveal about your personality.
Easy Does It2 of 11
Do you usually ask for minimal styling or a round brush-only look? You're probably a go-getter with little time for high-maintenance hair. "This girl is a career woman who likes to take her look from the office to date night," says Phillipe Polo, salon director of Twist by Oliver.
Flip for It3 of 11
You request smooth hair with a flip or slight curl at the ends, a subtle addition that gives your look extra polish. "I see this woman as put-together and conservative," Polo says. "Perhaps a Southern belle who likes to wear pearls and a Chanel bag."
Straight Shooter4 of 11
You usually get a no-frills style: sleek, smooth locks and maximum shine. You might even ask your stylist to go over the look with a flat iron. "This woman is confident, but she doesn't like to take risks with her hair," says Polo. "She knows what looks good and works it."
What a Tease5 of 11
You want more than just a simple blowout, but you also like to appear effortless, so your usual request is a slightly teased style. "This girl acts like she doesn't put a lot of time into looking good, but she's much more meticulous than that," says Polo.
Talk Big6 of 11
When it comes to your hair, the bigger, the better, which is why you usually ask your stylist for Texas-style volume. "This girl is the life of the party, loves attention and deserves it," Polo says. "With that kind of hair, she'll never be alone."
ARE WE FRIENDS YET? Like Glo on Facebook
Haute Mess7 of 11
You feel silly asking your stylist to give you "bedhead hair," but you love the result: cool, messy waves that make it seem like you're barely trying. "This is a sassy, sexy woman who isn't afraid to shake things up and take risks," says Alli Webb, founder of Drybar.
Making Waves8 of 11
You favor sophisticated, structured waves, and you prefer your stylist to go over your hair with a curling wand, one piece at a time. "To me, this reflects a gal who is professional and polished, but also a little glamorous," says Webb.
Curl Power9 of 11
Naturally curly or not, you typically request a head full of ringlets with every blowout. "Girls who can embrace curls know how to have fun, and also have a very romantic side," says Webb.
Instant Classic10 of 11
It takes a very particular personality to request a blowout that emulates old Hollywood glamour. "This is a timeless, classic look that I think represents someone who is demure and refined, with an old soul," Webb says.
Ladies' Choice11 of 11
You've never really understood the point of a plain-Jane blowout. You're willing to try braids, high ponytails, messy buns or whatever your stylist suggests. "Who doesn't love a topknot bun? It's a fun look for that free-spirited girl," Webb says.
ARE WE FRIENDS YET? Like Glo on Facebook
- Leo's annual astrological guide
- 9 Style Staples Every 30-Year-Old Should Own
- Christian Louboutin for your nails
- 11 Affordable Ways To Decorate A Blank Wall
- How To Look Like Jenny McCarthy In Your 40s
- 10 Shocking Stories About Returning Clothes
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession