Unforgettable Front Porches
- Next1 of 11Courtesy of Houzz/Photo: Jack Gardner/Design: Historical Concepts
- Previous Next2 of 11Courtesy of Houzz/Ema Peter Photography/Jodi Foster Design + Planning
- Previous Next3 of 11Courtesy of Houzz/Photo: Richard Leo Johnson/Design: Historical Concepts
- Previous Next4 of 11Courtesy of Houzz/Photo: Jack Gardner/Design: Historical Concepts
- Previous Next5 of 11Courtesy of Houzz/Photo: David Lamb/Design: Siemasko+Verbridge
- Previous Next6 of 11Courtesy of Houzz/Photo: John McManus/Design: Group 3
- Previous Next7 of 11Courtesy of Houzz/Jamison Howard
- Previous Next8 of 11Courtesy of Houzz/Laurey W. Glenn (courtesy Southern Living)/Historical Concepts
- Previous Next9 of 11Courtesy of Houzz/Tim Barber LTD Architecture & Interior Design
- Previous Next10 of 11Courtesy of Houzz/Eddie Rider Designs
- Previous Next11 of 11Courtesy of Houzz/Dresser Homes
- Unforgettable Front Porchesfrom houzz: top trends in bathroom remodels
- 10 Ways To Update Your Home For Spring
- How to Clean Your House in 10 Minutes
- 10 Bad Decorating Habits To Quit Now
- 10 Cheap & Chic Summer Decorating Trends
- 8 clever DIY ideas for your kitchen
- 12 Fun Facts to Kick Off Your Summer
- Instagram Feeds To Follow For Home Decor
- A+ Teacher's Gifts For Less Than $20
- 8 Ways To Make Over Your Windows
- 10 Home Mistakes You Can't Afford To Make
- The Most Outrageous New Pet Products
- Declutter Your Home For Less
- The Best Anti-Aging Products For Your Home
- Unbelievable Bathroom Makeovers
- Outdoor Entertaining Essentials Under $75
- How to Protect Your Biggest Decor Investments
- Design Secrets For A Stress-Free Home
- Design Ideas For Travel Lovers
Posh Porches1 of 11
Front porches add character and curb appeal as well as enviable outdoor living space. If you are lucky enough to have one, are considering adding one or just like to dream, check out these inspiring photos from our friends at Houzz.
Water World2 of 11
This porch is all about the view, but the glossy white painted columns and railing with matching rocking chairs add to the appeal. Other nice touches: Restoration Hardware ceiling lights and slate flooring.
MORE ON HOUZZ: Browse Beautiful, Dreamy Porches
Southern Comfort3 of 11
In the South, deep porches with lofty ceilings provide cooling shade to the home. With their screened enclosures, they also serve as outdoor rooms — like this one in Charleston, S.C., fitted with cushioned rockers and even a coffee table with a potted orchid. The ceiling is painted in traditional Haint Blue, a shade thought to repel wasps (or, for the superstitious, "haints"—ghosts or lost spirits).
MORE ON HOUZZ: 7 Ideas to Get You Back on the Front Porch
Chill Out4 of 11
In this Florida cottage, the old-style shutters can be opened and closed for privacy and shelter from the weather. Imagine settling down on the cushy porch swing for an afternoon nap with the ceiling fan to keep you cool. Heaven!
MORE ON HOUZZ: Reimagine Your Outdoor Living Spaces
Stunning Stoop5 of 11
With a lakeside setting like this one in Upstate New York, it's not surprising that a knockout front porch was part of the plan for this new home. It has all the essential elements: boxed columns, a bluestone floor, a wood ceiling and wicker seating with lots of plush cushions.
MORE ON HOUZZ: Find The Perfect Outdoor Furniture Set For Your Porch
Prime Perch6 of 11
This stately porch is attached to a house on balmy Daufuskie Island, S.C. The dark wicker furniture contrasts beautifully with the house's white walls and black shutters, and the porch is so spacious a full-size dining table and chairs fit easily. The porch is lit by Bevelo's French Quarter, and the ceiling paint is Benjamin Moore's Sage Tint.
MORE ON HOUZZ: Find a Local Landscaping Designer
Set in Stone7 of 11
This beautiful porch in Charleston was constructed from the same bricks that are on the walls of the home (Boral Shadow Stone with Savannah ivory mortar). The traditional beadboard ceiling is covered in Duron Paint's Piazza Blue.
MORE ON HOUZZ: 50+ Inspiring Backyard Escapes
Nifty Fifties8 of 11
Looking for decorating ideas? This well-furnished porch has all the right pieces: an Original Charleston Bed Swing lined with comfy pillows, retro 1950s metal patio chairs, a chevron-patterned indoor-outdoor rug and lime-green garden seats.
MORE ON HOUZZ: 12 Easy Decorating Ideas Inspired By Nature
California Dreaming9 of 11
There are lots of inspiring design elements in this Beverly Hills porch. Hand-blown Hundi pendant lanterns from Pottery Barn provide light, and recessed heaters are set into the ceiling to warm up chilly nights.
MORE ON HOUZZ: Work With A Local Landscaping Contractor
Lounge Around10 of 11
Designer Eddie Rider used clay pots and red geraniums on this porch to contrast with the sage-green wood siding. In case anyone gets too comfortable in the wicker rockers, a big wall clock keeps track of the time. The flooring is ipê wood, which turns a soft weathered gray as it ages.
MORE ON HOUZZ: 13 Inspiring Ideas for Backyard Sheds
Georgia Peach11 of 11
This roomy front porch in Atlanta features a rustic cedar ceiling enhanced with a semitransparent Cabot stain, and painted brick arches that match the creamy exterior of the house. Softly lit by wall sconces and table lamps, it looks to be the ideal spot for after-dinner conversation.
MORE ON HOUZZ: Porch Life: 12 Ways to Beautify a Porch With Plants
ARE WE FRIENDS YET? Like Glo on Facebook
- 10 Creative Braids You Have to See to Believe
- Fitness Clothes You Can Wear Outside the Gym
- Christian Louboutin for your nails
- How to Clean Your House in 10 Minutes
- 10 Things You Can Never Change About a Man
- 10 Tricks For Faking Bigger Eyes
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession