10 Ways To Update Your Home For Spring
- Next1 of 11Courtesy of Areaware/Furbish Studio
- Previous Next2 of 11Courtesy of Leif
- Previous Next3 of 11Courtesy of Patch NYC
- Previous Next4 of 11Courtesy of Vagabond House
- Previous Next5 of 11Courtesy of Areaware
- Previous Next6 of 11Courtesy of Target
- Previous Next7 of 11Courtesy of Nell & Mary
- Previous Next8 of 11Courtesy of Furbish Studio
- Previous Next9 of 11Courtesy of Bower NYC
- Previous Next10 of 11Courtesy of Ovo Ceramics
- Previous Next11 of 11Courtesy of Pelle
- 10 Ways To Update Your Home For SpringMakeover Your Home in 30 minutes or Less
- Wedding DIYs That Are Actually Worth It
- The Most Embarrassing Wedding Fails Ever
- 10 Unexpected Colors For Home Exteriors
- 8 clever DIY ideas for your kitchen
- 12 Fun Facts to Kick Off Your Summer
- The Best Anti-Aging Products For Your Home
- A+ Teacher's Gifts For Less Than $20
- 8 Ways To Make Over Your Windows
- How to Protect Your Biggest Decor Investments
- Home Decor Tricks Every Woman Should Know
- Fresh (Not Frumpy) Floral Decor
- 10 Cheap & Chic Summer Decorating Trends
- Unbelievable Bathroom Makeovers
- Outdoor Entertaining Essentials Under $75
- Instagram Feeds To Follow For Home Decor
- Design Secrets For A Stress-Free Home
- Unforgettable Front Porches
- Design Ideas For Travel Lovers
10 Easy Pieces1 of 11
By Rebecca Thienes
High-impact accessories can update any room in your house—for way less than the cost of a pricey redesign—and what better time than spring to give your home a fresh new look? From furry stools to splatter paint pillows, shop for these new home decor trends and spruce up your space.
Metal Detector2 of 11
Forget silver and gold: Metallics in primary hues are the best way to shine this spring. The dazzling metallic finish on this lapis serving set works well in a typically neutral room like the kitchen and is sure to make an impression while serving salads and sides.
SHOP NOW: Nouveau serving set in lapis, $35, leifshop.com
Under Cover3 of 11
Camo-inspired prints have moved from fashion to home decor. Try the trend with these chic hand-painted wood candlesticks. Made in three sizes, they're great for mixing and matching with your existing table top decor. Pair them with brass, turned wood and smoked glass.
SHOP NOW: Painted candlestick in camo, $32 to $42, patchyny.com
Wild Things4 of 11
Bring the beauty of nature indoors with safari-inspired accessories like these ice buckets by Vagabond House. The giraffes' elegant necks in pewter act as handles for the glass bucket.
SHOP NOW: Giraffe glass ice bucket, $245, vagabondhouse.com
On Target5 of 11
Another spring decor must-have? Playful twists on modern art. This graphic bull's-eye key holder, inspired by the work of contemporary artist Jasper Johns, is made with a hidden magnet inside the beechwood to keep your keys from going AWOL.
SHOP NOW: Key target, $65, areaware.com
True Blue6 of 11
Bold blue is the "It" decor color of the season. Sleek modern chairs in the haute hue are the perfect way to perk up an old desk or dining table.
SHOP NOW: Modern stacking chairs, $80 for set of 2; target.com
Spot On7 of 11
Look for splatter paint fabrics (á la Jackson Pollack) for a whimsical way to add interest to a basic neutral sofa.
SHOP NOW: Splatter pillow, $75, nellandmary.com
Fluff Piece8 of 11
We've seen fuzzy flokati rugs and sumptuous pillows for a few seasons, and now the furry fabric is covering seats too. Furbish Studio's stool topped with faux curly Mongolian fur adds a cozy touch to an ottoman in the living room or a pretty perch in the boudoir.
SHOP NOW: Furry stool, $250, furbishstudio.com
Culinary Arts9 of 11
Eye-popping patterns in bold geometrics continue to be popular, and now you can introduce them into the kitchen. Bower's cutting boards come in fresh shapes like cones and cubes. The blank side is the cutting surface, while the reverse is painted with non-toxic paint to look like 3D prisms and cylinders.
SHOP NOW: Shape boards, from $75 to $175, bowernyc.com
Delicate Matters10 of 11
For tabletops, the smaller and daintier the better. We love the pinstripe pattern on this petite handmade sugar and creamer set with a matte, unglazed exterior and glazed interior.
SHOP NOW: Ovo Ceramics cream and sugar, $60, etsy.com
Silver Lining11 of 11
The past few seasons have been all about copper and brass, but swanky '70's polished silver finishes are making a comeback—especially for lighting. This stem light in polished nickel offers modern, clean lines and would look great as a pendant light over a kitchen island.
SHOP NOW: Stem light in polished nickel, $250, pelledesigns.com
ARE WE FRIENDS YET? Like Glo on Facebook
- How to Be Funny: 9 Essential Tips
- 9 Mistakes That Are Aging Your Hair
- New shopping service makes office-wear effortless
- How To Dress Like Your Favorite Cartoon
- 15 Most Unforgettable Celebrity Brows
- 9 Ways Your House Can Help You Stay Fit
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession