26 simple tricks to make you look smart
- Next1 of 27Glo
- Previous Next2 of 27Thinkstock
- Previous Next3 of 27Thinkstock
- Previous Next4 of 27Thinkstock
- Previous Next5 of 27Thinkstock
- Previous Next6 of 27Thinkstock
- Previous Next7 of 27Thinkstock
- Previous Next8 of 27Thinkstock
- Previous Next9 of 27Rick Lew/Getty Images
- Previous Next10 of 27Thinkstock
- Previous Next11 of 27Thinkstock
- Previous Next12 of 27Thinkstock
- Previous Next13 of 27Thinkstock
- Previous Next14 of 27Courtesy of Amazon
- Previous Next15 of 27Thinkstock
- Previous Next16 of 27Thinkstock
- Previous Next17 of 27Thinkstock
- Previous Next18 of 27Thinkstock
- Previous Next19 of 27Thinkstock
- Previous Next20 of 27Thinkstock
- Previous Next21 of 27Courtesy of Amazon
- Previous Next22 of 27Thinkstock
- Previous Next23 of 27Thinkstock
- Previous Next24 of 27Thinkstock
- Previous Next25 of 27Thinkstock
- Previous Next26 of 27Thinkstock
- Previous Next27 of 27Thinkstock
- 26 simple tricks to make you look smartMakeover Your Home in 30 minutes or Less
- Wedding DIYs That Are Actually Worth It
- The Most Embarrassing Wedding Fails Ever
- 10 Unexpected Colors For Home Exteriors
- 8 clever DIY ideas for your kitchen
- 12 Fun Facts to Kick Off Your Summer
- The Best Anti-Aging Products For Your Home
- A+ Teacher's Gifts For Less Than $20
- 8 Ways To Make Over Your Windows
- How to Protect Your Biggest Decor Investments
- Home Decor Tricks Every Woman Should Know
- Fresh (Not Frumpy) Floral Decor
- 10 Cheap & Chic Summer Decorating Trends
- Unbelievable Bathroom Makeovers
- Outdoor Entertaining Essentials Under $75
- Instagram Feeds To Follow For Home Decor
- Design Secrets For A Stress-Free Home
- Unforgettable Front Porches
- Design Ideas For Travel Lovers
How Clever!1 of 27
By Woman's Day
Look like a genius with these secrets to navigating everyday life.
Measure Anytime, Anywhere2 of 27
If you're caught without a ruler, improvise with a dollar bill: It's about 6 1/8 inches long.
ON WOMAN'S DAY: 9 Bad Habits That Are Good for You
Thread a Needle3 of 27
Spritz thread ends with hairspray to stiffen them for easier needle-threading.
Pick Up Pins4 of 27
Keep a small magnet in your sewing basket; it's handy for rounding up wayward pins and dropped needles.
ON WOMAN'S DAY: 75 Timeless Beauty Tips
Plant a Garden5 of 27
If you plant flower beds in a diamond pattern rather than straight rows, they'll look fuller faster.
ON WOMAN'S DAY: 50 Surprising Foods Under 100 Calories
Give Directions6 of 27
When sending directions to visitors, attach a picture of your house to make it easier for them to find.
ON WOMAN'S DAY: 10 Foolproof Ways to Get in the Mood
Separate Glasses7 of 27
Unstick stacked glasses by pouring cold water into the inner one and then placing both glasses in warm water for a minute or two.
Pour Ketchup8 of 27
To speed the flow of ketchup, insert a plastic drinking straw into the bottle, then remove it.
Measure Honey9 of 27
Before pouring honey intro a cup or measuring spoon, coat the tools with a few drops of cooking oil so the honey will slide out more easily.
Soften Cookies10 of 27
Did you overbake the cookies? Store them in an airtight container for a day and they'll soften.
Juice Lemons11 of 27
You'll get more juice out of oranges and lemons if you roll the fruit firmly on the counter a few times before cutting and squeezing.
Stop a Drip12 of 27
Keep a dripping faucet by from driving you crazy by tying a string around the end of the spout (long enough to reach the drain). Until you can fix the faucet, the water will flow down the string silently.
Freshen Pillows13 of 27
Toss pillows in the dryer on low for about ten minutes.
Sweep Up Crumbs14 of 27
Use an automobile snow brush to get at crumbs and dust under the fridge.
Wash Windows15 of 27
Wash windows horizontally on the inside and vertically on the outside. If they streak, you'll know which side to redo.
Remove Rubber Gloves16 of 27
Try holding hands under cold water for a few seconds and the stubborn gloves will slide right off.
De-Fog Mirrors17 of 27
Rub bathroom mirrors with shaving cream and wipe off with a soft cloth to cut down on post shower fogging.
Clean Narrow Vases18 of 27
Fill narrow, stained vases and bottles with water and drop in a tablet of denture cleaner.
Freshen Drawers19 of 27
Put unwrapped soap bars or fabric softener sheets in drawers, suitcases and storage boxes to get rid of musty and stale odors.
Unstick a Zipper20 of 27
Try rubbing a pencil along a stuck zipper; the graphite lubricates the teeth.
Prevent Bathtub Ring21 of 27
Add a few drops of baby oil to the bath water. Ta-dah! No more grime.
Polish Glassware22 of 27
Rub glassware with a cloth dipped in toothpaste to remove small scratches.
Rake Leaves23 of 27
Rake leaves when they're dry; wet ones can weigh twice as much.
Fix Gadgets24 of 27
Before you take something apart to fix it, take a digital photo of it so you'll know how it goes back together.
Remove Stickers25 of 27
To peel off stubborn stickers, warm the glue. Move a blow dryer set on low slowly over the spot.
Clean Candlesticks26 of 27
To remove wax from candlesticks, freeze them for about 20 minutes. The wax will chip right off.
De-Garlic Hands27 of 27
To remove the strong garlic odor from hands, rub them on a stainless steel surface, such as the kitchen faucet.
- How to train your brain to be more optimistic
- The nail-polish color for your zodiac sign
- New fragrance helps you smell like Pharrell
- 10 everyday objects turned into art
- Best Celebrity Bangs in History
- 13 things women do better than men
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession