8 Ways To Make Over Your Windows
- Next1 of 9Courtesy of ELLE Decor/Simon Upton
- Previous Next2 of 9Courtesy of ELLE Decor/William Waldron
- Previous Next3 of 9Courtesy of ELLE Decor/Laura Resen
- Previous Next4 of 9Courtesy of ELLE Decor/Pieter Estersohn
- Previous Next5 of 9Courtesy of ELLE Decor/Yves Duronsoy
- Previous Next6 of 9Courtesy of ELLE Decor/Simon Upton
- Previous Next7 of 9Courtesy of ELLE Decor/William Waldron
- Previous Next8 of 9Courtesy of ELLE Decor/Simon Upton
- Previous Next9 of 9Courtesy of ELLE Decor/Pieter Estersohn
- 8 Ways To Make Over Your Windows8 Best Spa Getaways Around the World
- 5 Ways To Get A-List Hotel Service
- 10 Top Vacation Spots for Lovebirds
- Unbelievable Bathroom Makeovers
- 10 Cheap & Chic Summer Decorating Trends
- 8 clever DIY ideas for your kitchen
- 12 Fun Facts to Kick Off Your Summer
- A+ Teacher's Gifts For Less Than $20
- How to Protect Your Biggest Decor Investments
- Unforgettable Front Porches
- Design Secrets For A Stress-Free Home
- Designers Reveal Their Guilty Decor Pleasures
- 11 Affordable Ways To Decorate A Blank Wall
- The Best Anti-Aging Products For Your Home
- Outdoor Entertaining Essentials Under $75
- Instagram Feeds To Follow For Home Decor
- Design Ideas For Travel Lovers
- Throw A Cinco De Mayo Fiesta On Budget
- What to Watch, Read & Shop This Month
Window Shopping1 of 9
Opposites Attract2 of 9
In the living room of this townhouse in Manhattan's West Village, designer Steven Gambrel hung curtains with bold contrasting trim modeled after the details on a naval uniform. Gambrel also designed the rug and the club chairs, which are upholstered in a chenille from Carleton V; the custom-mixed wall color is by Fine Paints of Europe.
ON ELLE DECOR: 21 Houses That Make You Lose Weight
Take a Swing3 of 9
Inspired by a Swedish example, antiques dealer Lou Marotta designed swing-arm curtains for the master bedroom of his colonial-style home in Connecticut's Litchfield County.
ON ELLE DECOR: 15 One-of-a-Kind Bedrooms
Detail Oriented4 of 9
Intricate fretwork panels screen the windows of the master bath in Broadway producer Candia Fisher's apartment, designed by James Aman and housed in a 1930s Manhattan building.
ON ELLE DECOR: The Wildest Hotels From Around the Globe
Divine Design5 of 9
Antiques dealer Franck Laigneau installed a wall of mirrors to amplify the effect of the stained-glass windows in the enclosed porch of his home in the 7th arrondissement of Paris, which he has filled with art nouveau pieces; the Austrian candlesticks are from the early 1900s, and the chair is bamboo.
ON ELLE DECOR: The Manhattan Apartment Jennifer Aniston Chose
Emerald City6 of 9
Anne-Marie Midy and Jorge Almada of Casamidy hung shades of a Tony Duquette malachite-pattern cotton in the front parlor of their home in Brussels and placed an iron halo from a traditional religious statue between the windows.
ON ELLE DECOR: 11 Ways to Transform a Blank Wall
Sky High7 of 9
At his art-filled duplex on Manhattan's Upper East Side—the former offices of an investment firm—designer Eric Cohler hung an array of paintings directly in front of the 20-foot-high windows in his living room. The wool curtains are by Holland & Sherry, the rug is custom-made by Asha Carpets, and the club chairs are covered in a Lee Jofa velvet.
White Haute8 of 9
A meditation room created by architect Fernando Arriaga for a Venezuelan businessman's mountainside retreat is fitted with retractable louvered shutters and white resin floors; the mats and pillows are Balinese, the globe lamp is from the Conran Shop, and the Tolomeo floor lamp is by Artemide.
Plush Crush9 of 9
Curtains of a Bergamo mohair add color to the Manhattan living room designed by architect Timothy Archambault and decorator Nina Seirafi for Walter Schupfer and Gina Goldman. A custom-made sofa and a daybed flank an Yves Klein cocktail table, and the chair is by Sergio Rodrigues.
ARE WE FRIENDS YET? Like Glo on Facebook
- The 20 top celeb-inspired wedding hairdos
- TV Shows That Were Ahead of Their Time
- Bespoke clutches develop a cult-like following
- Fashion Tricks Everyone Should Master
- 12 Ways to Upgrade a Dorm Room
- How to End a Friendship With Class
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession