9 Devilishly Fun Decorating Projects
- Next1 of 10Kate Sears
- Previous Next2 of 10Kate Sears
- Previous Next3 of 10Kate Sears
- Previous Next4 of 10Kate Sears
- Previous Next5 of 10Kate Sears
- Previous Next6 of 10Kate Sears
- Previous Next7 of 10Kate Sears
- Previous Next8 of 10Kate Sears
- Previous Next9 of 10Kate Sears
- Previous Next10 of 10Kate Sears
- 9 Devilishly Fun Decorating ProjectsMakeover Your Home in 30 minutes or Less
- Wedding DIYs That Are Actually Worth It
- The Most Embarrassing Wedding Fails Ever
- 10 Unexpected Colors For Home Exteriors
- 8 clever DIY ideas for your kitchen
- 12 Fun Facts to Kick Off Your Summer
- The Best Anti-Aging Products For Your Home
- A+ Teacher's Gifts For Less Than $20
- 8 Ways To Make Over Your Windows
- How to Protect Your Biggest Decor Investments
- Home Decor Tricks Every Woman Should Know
- Fresh (Not Frumpy) Floral Decor
- 10 Cheap & Chic Summer Decorating Trends
- Unbelievable Bathroom Makeovers
- Outdoor Entertaining Essentials Under $75
- Instagram Feeds To Follow For Home Decor
- Design Secrets For A Stress-Free Home
- Unforgettable Front Porches
- Design Ideas For Travel Lovers
Cast A Spell1 of 10
Enjoy this spooktacular Woman's Day story by Joan Lang —Glo
Getting into the Halloween spirit doesn’t mean you have to break the bank. Instead, treat decorating as the perfect opportunity to spend time crafting with the kids. With just a few store-bought materials and items you already have, you can assemble these decorations that are creative, charming and a blast to make!
The Bell Jar2 of 10
Serve up a helping of raven under glass with craftsstore crows and a real or faux nest under a glass hurricane. Nevermore, nevermore!
ON WOMAN'S DAY: 7 DIY Candy Corn Decorations
Ma and Pa Pun’kin3 of 10
It’s American Gothic, scarecrow style, this well-turned-out couple of stuffed shirts…and hats and dress and overalls. Use wooden tomato stakes to add structure to straw-filled clothes and to serve as a “neck” for jack-o’-lantern heads. Drag out a rocking chair, prop Ma in a pail of sand, and your front porch is ready for arrivals.
Jack Be Little4 of 10
Small carved pumpkins make perfect accent pieces wherever you decide to display them—like these in a faux cast iron planter created with black spray paint. Get your kids involved in the carving designs, but with all that straw around, don’t even think of having them use candles for these!
Safety Lights5 of 10
The growing popularity of realistic battery-operated and rechargeable LED candles means you never have to worry about lighted jack-o’-lanterns, especially indoors, leaving you free to get monstrously creative with your decorating scheme.
Bats Are Flying6 of 10
Create this Batty Centerpiece with black and dark brown construction paper (trace our bat pattern in the back of the book or draw freehand). Use a hole punch and bright orange paper to make the eyes; make fangs from white paper. Attach to clothespins and let them fly on a backyard branch in a weighted, be-mossed bucket.
Golden Delicious7 of 10
Make these Apples Aglow by hollowing out the season’s crisp apples about an hour before guests arrive (rub cut edges with lemon so they don’t brown). Then drop in tealights and strike a match when the doorbell rings.
ON WOMAN'S DAY: 5 Spooktacular Wine Bottle Crafts
Treat Yourself8 of 10
Fill pottery crocks, cups and bowls with little nibbles—black licorice sticks, candy pumpkins and other assorted small confections—and scatter them around on side tables for guests to snack on. Don’t forget the plastic spiders and petite gourds!
Clean Sweep9 of 10
Two paper sandwich bags, the outer one shredded into partial strips, make cunning Broom Party Favors when they’re filled with candy and cinched around a stick with raffia cord.
ON WOMAN'S DAY: 10 Pumpkin Perfect Patterns
Signs of the Times10 of 10
Use crafts-store rub-on transfers to create Scary Signs as placecards, buffet-table identifiers or just for decorating fun. Carefully burn around the edges, then glue to a black overlay to complete the morbid effect.
- Best "Non-Required" Reading for Moms
- 11 Clever Decor Ideas For Small Patios
- The oversized trend that's making a comeback
- Beauty Tips From A Supermodel-Turned-Actress
- 9 Worst Packing Mistakes You're Making
- 9 Must-Read Tips for a Healthy Divorce
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession