A Party-Perfect Kitchen
Create a space your guests will love
4. Offer simple but inspired snacks.
“You can't go wrong with a great bowl filled with potato chips,” Powers says. Or serve air-popped popcorn, but mix some truffle oil in with the melted butter and pour on top. Set out shot glasses next to the popcorn and put a big scoop in the popcorn bowl. “It's cheap and chic,” she says and will make your guests feel at home in your kitchen.
5. Use good-looking, functional pieces.
The pieces you use in your kitchen every day can do double duty for serving. “Don't forget about your cutting board,” Powers says. Outfit it with cheese and a few bowls of olives, or bread and butter.
ON ELLE DECOR: Stylish Celebrity Closets
- Leo's annual astrological guide
- 9 Style Staples Every 30-Year-Old Should Own
- Christian Louboutin for your nails
- 11 Affordable Ways To Decorate A Blank Wall
- How To Look Like Jenny McCarthy In Your 40s
- 10 Shocking Stories About Returning Clothes
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession