Amazing Outdoor Fireplaces
- Next1 of 13Glo
- Previous Next2 of 13Courtesy of Parker Hotel Palm Springs
- Previous Next3 of 13Michele Lee Wilson Photography
- Previous Next4 of 13Courtesy of Design Within Reach
- Previous Next5 of 13Courtesy of Growsgreen Landscape Design
- Previous Next6 of 13Courtesy of Jeffrey Gordon Smith Landscape Architecture
- Previous Next7 of 13Courtesy of David Coleman Architecture
- Previous Next8 of 13Richard Powers/ Courtesy of Koning Eizenberg Architecture
- Previous Next9 of 13Susan Teare/Courtesy of H.Keith Wagner Partnership Landscape Architects
- Previous Next10 of 13Courtesy Jeffrey Gordon Smith Landscape Architecture
- Previous Next11 of 13Paul Dyer/ Courtesy of John Maniscalo Architecture
- Previous Next12 of 13Courtesy of H.Keith Wagner Partnership Landscape Architects
- Previous Next13 of 13Courtesy of Solus Decor
Fireplaces_v011 of 13
Camp Fire2 of 13
A fire pit, like this one at Parker Hotel in Palm Springs, serves as the heart and hearth of your outdoor socializing space, creating ambience as well as light.
ON REMODELISTA: Our Favorite Fire Pits and Bowls
Slow Burn3 of 13
A fire pit fights the cool of foggy evenings in the seating area of this urban San Francisco garden designed by Arterra Landscape Architects. Meanwhile, the sculptural steel balls elegantly reflect the movement of the flames.
Fan The Flames4 of 13
Portable cast-iron fire bowls are perfect for backyard (or urban patio) marshmallow roasts or for intimate beach bonfires.
SHOP NOW: Cast-Iron Fire Bowl, $465
ON REMODELISTA: Amazing Outdoor Showers
Scorched Earth5 of 13
For once, a steady flame is welcomed in a lush tropical landscape, thanks to Beth Mullins of Growsgreen Landscape Design, who used bamboo as a calming backdrop for this hidden gas fireplace.
The L Word6 of 13
Unconventionally set in the front yard of a California cottage, this L-shaped fire pit by Jeffrey Gordon Smith Landscape Architecture adds a sense of width to the narrow space of the outdoor entertaining area.
ON REMODELISTA: Steal This Look: Scott Newkirk's Summer Sleeping Porch
In The Dug Out7 of 13
A cutout in the decking creates an instant attraction in the rocky landscape with built-in seating at a modern mountain cabin in Winthrop, Wash., by David Coleman Architecture.
Forge By Fire8 of 13
An oiled steel plate serves as a dramatic backdrop—and as a protecting screen for the surrounding plant life—for the concrete fire pit by Koning Eizenberg Architecture at a Santa Monica home.
Carry The Torch9 of 13
Pull up your chairs. Positioned with views in mind, this fire pit table is part of a Vermont lakeside entertaining terrace by H. Keith Wagner Partnership Landscape Architects.
Ambient Lighting10 of 13
Fantasy becomes reality with this waterfront patio by Jeffrey Gordon Smith Landscape Architecture. Custom concrete fire bowls sit side by side with guests on the benches, while the concrete fire table offers a stunning centerpiece.
Burning Sands11 of 13
A linear fire feature parallels the panoramic view from the rooftop of this San Francisco Russian Hill residence by John Maniscalco Architecture.
House Fire12 of 13
Sculpture, outdoor seating or best seat in the house? H. Keith Wagner Partnership Landscape Architects designed this concrete fire pit to extend the pool time well into the shoulder seasons and to provide a good viewing spot for the lucky residents of this Vermont riverfront home.
Bowled Over13 of 13
Cast concrete fire bowls are both elegant and sturdy. Solus Decor's hand-cast concrete Hemi Firebowls burn clean fuels, come in a variety of colors, and are available with an electronic remote.
SHOP NOW: Firebowl Hemi 36, $4,200
NEXT ON GLO: Out Of This World Rooftop Bars