Can Your Home Make You Happier?
- Next1 of 10Courtesy of Houzz/Lincoln Barbour Photo; Mosaik Design & Remodeling
- Previous Next2 of 10Courtesy of Houzz/Photo: Drew Kelly; Design: Jute Interior Design
- Previous Next3 of 10Courtesy of Houzz/Jessica McClendon
- Previous Next4 of 10Courtesy of Houzz/Jessica McClendon
- Previous Next5 of 10Courtesy of Houzz/Alex Dzieman Building Contractor, Inc
- Previous Next6 of 10Courtesy of Houzz/Schappacher White Architecture D.P.C.
- Previous Next7 of 10Courtesy of Houzz/Lincoln Barbour Photo; Mosaik Design & Remodeling
- Previous Next8 of 10Courtesy of Houzz/Niki Papadopoulos
- Previous Next9 of 10Courtesy of Houzz/Photo: Rob Karosis; Design: Crisp Architects
- Previous Next10 of 10Courtesy of Houzz/Jamie Herzlinger
- Can Your Home Make You Happier?from houzz: top trends in bathroom remodels
- 10 Ways To Update Your Home For Spring
- How to Clean Your House in 10 Minutes
- 10 Bad Decorating Habits To Quit Now
- 10 Cheap & Chic Summer Decorating Trends
- 8 clever DIY ideas for your kitchen
- 12 Fun Facts to Kick Off Your Summer
- Instagram Feeds To Follow For Home Decor
- A+ Teacher's Gifts For Less Than $20
- 8 Ways To Make Over Your Windows
- 10 Home Mistakes You Can't Afford To Make
- The Most Outrageous New Pet Products
- Declutter Your Home For Less
- The Best Anti-Aging Products For Your Home
- Unbelievable Bathroom Makeovers
- Outdoor Entertaining Essentials Under $75
- How to Protect Your Biggest Decor Investments
- Design Secrets For A Stress-Free Home
- Unforgettable Front Porches
Joyful Living1 of 10
Designing your home to fulfill your emotional needs is no different than designing it to fulfill your practical needs. The secret: Encourage the behaviors that will make you and your family the happiest.
Bright Buys2 of 10
First, figure out your needs. Sometimes you should get something just because it makes you happy.
ON HOUZZ: Ideal Spaces For Entertaining
Come Together3 of 10
Have eight close friends? If you have enough seating you're more likely to invite everyone over for game night. Want a family dinner without everyone staring at the TV? Set your table beautifully and angle it so no one can see the screen while you dine.
ON HOUZZ: Design Your Ideal Dining Room
Go Big4 of 10
For a fun and inviting family room, build a huge couch with a custom console behind it that is the perfect place to set drinks on. The space is stylish enough to host gatherings, but comfortable enough for the family to hunker down and watch their favorite films together.
Play Around5 of 10
If you want your kids to get away from the TV or the iPad, give them an enticing alternative. This living room turned craft room features a large folding table covered in newspaper, and mason and apothecary jars filled with markers, crayons, pipe cleaners, pom-poms and even googly eyes.
ON HOUZZ: Start Organizing Your Craft Room
Game On6 of 10
The peace of mind that comes from knowing exactly where your teenager is may be worth the money you'd spend on a game room. Your teenage haven can have a comfy couch and a big-screen TV for the Wii, or even a foosball table and vintage pinball machine.
ON HOUZZ: Eclectic, Modern And Fresh Game Rooms
Stock Up7 of 10
Join a membership warehouse and make sure your house is always stocked with snacks and beverages. If someone in your home is a sports fanatic, make sure you have durable bowls for popcorn and chicken wings, as well as comfy seating and a coffee table that's tough enough to stand up to a bunch of excited sports fans.
ON HOUZZ: A Sports Bar in the Family Room
Romantic Retreat8 of 10
If what you need is more romantic time with your partner, set up your bedroom to induce that behavior. The space should be a sanctuary, so you and your loved one can be intimate and relaxed. You could even get a large shower with two showerheads—perfect for sharing.
ON HOUZZ: Bedroom Designs For Every Style
Love Nest9 of 10
By giving yourself a special space where you can relax and enjoy time together as a couple, you make it easier for the moments for connection that you crave to happen naturally.
Rest Easy10 of 10
When you design your home to help fulfill your emotional needs, you're making it easier to encourage positive behaviors and to nurture important relationships. In short, you're transforming your beautiful house into a beautiful home.
ARE WE FRIENDS YET? Like Glo on Facebook
- How to look effortlessly hot at the gym
- The 14 Best Couples' Halloween Costumes
- The only way to celebrate National Cat Day
- The Best Guest Beds Under $999
- 8 Bargain Shopping Tricks You've Never Tried
- The 22 Most Bizarre Names For Wall Paints
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession