Checking In: Hotel Bel Air
- Next1 of 12Glo
- Previous Next2 of 12Courtesy of Hotel Bel-Air
- Previous Next3 of 12Courtesy of Hotel Bel-Air
- Previous Next4 of 12Courtesy of Hotel Bel-Air
- Previous Next5 of 12Courtesy of Hotel Bel-Air
- Previous Next6 of 12Courtesy of Hotel Bel-Air
- Previous Next7 of 12Courtesy of Hotel Bel-Air
- Previous Next8 of 12Courtesy of Hotel Bel-Air
- Previous Next9 of 12Courtesy of Hotel Bel-Air
- Previous Next10 of 12Courtesy of Hotel Bel-Air
- Previous Next11 of 12Courtesy of Hotel Bel-Air
- Previous Next12 of 12Courtesy of Hotel Bel-Air
- Checking In: Hotel Bel AirMakeover Your Home in 30 minutes or Less
- Wedding DIYs That Are Actually Worth It
- The Most Embarrassing Wedding Fails Ever
- 10 Unexpected Colors For Home Exteriors
- 8 clever DIY ideas for your kitchen
- 12 Fun Facts to Kick Off Your Summer
- The Best Anti-Aging Products For Your Home
- A+ Teacher's Gifts For Less Than $20
- 8 Ways To Make Over Your Windows
- How to Protect Your Biggest Decor Investments
- Home Decor Tricks Every Woman Should Know
- Fresh (Not Frumpy) Floral Decor
- 10 Cheap & Chic Summer Decorating Trends
- Unbelievable Bathroom Makeovers
- Outdoor Entertaining Essentials Under $75
- Instagram Feeds To Follow For Home Decor
- Design Secrets For A Stress-Free Home
- Unforgettable Front Porches
- Design Ideas For Travel Lovers
Hotel_v01a1 of 12
Natural Beauty2 of 12
By Amy Elisa Keith
Capitalizing on the Santa Monica mountains in its backyard, the hotel will boast 12 new hillside suites that will offer sweeping canyon views, expansive sliding glass walls, outdoor fireplaces and spacious decks with private spa pools. Two internationally renowned design teams, Alexandra Champalimaud and Rockwell Group, have designed the well-hidden retreat.
White House3 of 12
The famed Presidential Suite where Cary Grant and Grace Kelly once lodged will draw from the hotel's past with Reminiscent California style and hints of old stories. Inspired by 1930s, 1940s and 1950s Hollywood, the design team's all-American style evokes glamour and graceful living with international flair.
Good Eats4 of 12
One of the new marquee additions to the property is the Wolfgang Puck at Hotel Bel-Air restaurant. Uncovered skylights and stacking doors let natural light pour into the space, while a marble-clad hearth flanked by a cellar of 2,400 wine bottles creates a central focal point for the restaurant.
What's Old Is New5 of 12
The familiar Spanish colonial architecture splashed in "Bel-Air Pink" is still present, while a new generation of Bel-Air aesthetic is reflected through different design themes in the guest rooms. Premier suite options also feature retractable walls that will open the entire space to an outdoor patio.
Posh Pampering6 of 12
In the new 4,134-square-foot Spa by La Prairie, guests will be offered signature treatments and specially formulated products. The sole couples treatment room—with bespoke pink and silver embroidered silk wallpaper and subtle ceiling murals of gentle blossoms—adds a touch of artful luxury.
High Life7 of 12
To top off the 103 guestrooms and suites, the design team created three unique "loft guestrooms" with open floor plans, double-sided fireplaces and dramatically high ceilings for more modern living. The lofts are situated within a new 12,000-square-foot Spanish mission-style structure featuring a new bell tower, fitness studio and spa.
Lap Of Luxury8 of 12
A-list regulars of the hotel, like Nicole Kidman and Hilary Swank, will take pleasure in the newly remodeled guestrooms, which will include custom limestone floors and natural wood ceilings with rich finishes melded to create a confident style that is clean, full of light and elegant.
No Paparazzi Allowed9 of 12
Designers were mindful not to lose the legendary character known for giving guests the sense of being in a luxurious private residence surrounded by gardens. The indoor and outdoor environments of the hotel are intertwined, as evidenced by the airy hotel lobby lounge.
Dark 'N' Stormy10 of 12
The time-honored bar is a cherished space, so designers kept its cozy lounge feeling inside with a grand piano and familiar wood paneling, revived with a fresh new look. The bar area will also be expanded with three "garden niches" extending outdoors.
Timeless Treasures11 of 12
The signature Bel-Air swans have remained at Swan Lake during the entirety of the restoration process, and will now have neighbors, thanks to a newly remodeled Swan Lake suite. While couples can still pose in front of the lake for the wedding portraits, only suite guests will have a private patio overlooking the majestic birds.
Price Is Right12 of 12
To enjoy the beauty of this nestled escape, it'll cost you a pretty penny. Rates at Hotel Bel-Air will start at $565 and climb north of $22,000 for the specialty suites, which feature private garden patios with seating areas, gas fireplaces and large Jacuzzis. But for a slice of high-design heaven, isn't it worth it?
- 10 Creative Braids You Have to See to Believe
- Fitness Clothes You Can Wear Outside the Gym
- Christian Louboutin for your nails
- How to Clean Your House in 10 Minutes
- 10 Things You Can Never Change About a Man
- 10 Tricks For Faking Bigger Eyes
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession