- NextWant It!1 of 9Courtesy of CopperGifts.com
- Previous NextWant It!2 of 9Courtesy of DreamGear
- Previous NextWant It!3 of 9Courtesy of Kikkerland
- Previous NextWant It!4 of 9Courtesy of William Sonoma
- Previous Next5 of 9Courtesy of DutchbyDesign.com
- Previous NextWant It!6 of 9Courtesy of Calypso
- Previous Next7 of 9Courtesy of Shine Lab
- Previous NextWant It!8 of 9Courtesy of Arhoolie
- Previous NextWant It!9 of 9IStockphoto
- Fiesta FabulousMakeover Your Home in 30 minutes or Less
- Wedding DIYs That Are Actually Worth It
- The Most Embarrassing Wedding Fails Ever
- 10 Unexpected Colors For Home Exteriors
- 8 clever DIY ideas for your kitchen
- 12 Fun Facts to Kick Off Your Summer
- The Best Anti-Aging Products For Your Home
- A+ Teacher's Gifts For Less Than $20
- 8 Ways To Make Over Your Windows
- How to Protect Your Biggest Decor Investments
- Home Decor Tricks Every Woman Should Know
- Fresh (Not Frumpy) Floral Decor
- 10 Cheap & Chic Summer Decorating Trends
- Unbelievable Bathroom Makeovers
- Outdoor Entertaining Essentials Under $75
- Instagram Feeds To Follow For Home Decor
- Design Secrets For A Stress-Free Home
- Unforgettable Front Porches
- Design Ideas For Travel Lovers
Celebrate Cinco De Mayo In Style1 of 9
By Robin Sayers
Make this Cinco de Mayo (the 148th celebration) a May 5th to remember. One fun way to put the "Cinco" in your festivities is to make cookies shaped like fives.
BUY NOW: Copper Gift's Number 5 Cookie Cutter, $13
Celebrate Cinco De Mayo In Style2 of 9
Maracas are often pulled out for celebrations in Mexico, but the Nintendo Wii-obsessed members of your group will appreciate this more high-tech version. They offer an authentic sound (complete with motion-activated lights!) for the wildly popular game, Samba de Amigo by Sega.
BUY NOW: DreamGear's Samba Maracas, $20
Celebrate Cinco De Mayo In Style3 of 9
These coasters look like something you'd see in the south. Even better, the pattern (moiré) is French. Considering Cinco de Mayo is all about Mexico defeating France, it seems fitting that something French should deal with the condensation falling off your frozen Margarita.
BUY NOW: Kikkerland's Moiré Coasters, set of 4 for $12
Celebrate Cinco De Mayo In Style4 of 9
Legend has it that "Barman Willie" created the Margarita in Mexico City in 1934, although others have laid claim to this honor. What isn't in dispute is that colorful, shatter-resistant glasses add even more appeal to the famous cocktail.
Celebrate Cinco De Mayo In Style5 of 9
The word "colorful" is often used when describing Mexico — the art, architecture, decor and fashion seem to pop. Bring some of that full-spectrum vibrancy to your party with this rainbow-colored chandelier (it's even small enough to suspend from a tree branch).
BUY NOW: Dutch by Design's Gypsy Mini Chandelier, $69
Celebrate Cinco De Mayo In Style6 of 9
Embroidered textiles enjoy a long tradition south of the border. This Mexican-inspired, empire-waisted top is thread-embellished on both front and back. It's long enough to wear as a loose-fitting tunic, or pair it with jeans and cinch the waist with a thin belt.
BUY NOW: Calypso's Mysie top, $135
Celebrate Cinco De Mayo In Style7 of 9
Elaborately cut paper crafts feature prominently in Mexican celebratory decor, but why keep reinventing the wheel May 5th after May 5th? Here's a more La Madre Tierra-friendly, reusable felt option.
BUY NOW: Shine Lab's Flora Felt Panel, $130. Call 415-626-5262 to order. Also in ivory, green and fuschia.
Celebrate Cinco De Mayo In Style8 of 9
The accordion came from Germany (polka, anyone?), but it migrated first to Spain and then to Mexico — any Cinco de Mayo fest worth its margarita salt features squeezebox tunes. Set the mood by buying a CD or create your own May 5th mix by downloading individual tracks.
Celebrate Cinco De Mayo In Style9 of 9
Early piñatas were star-shaped, with one point for each of the seven deadly sins, and brightly colored to represent temptation; if you beat this symbol of evil, you'd be rewarded. A rainbow donkey rules. This similar style is guaranteed to add some kick to your festivities.
- Leo's annual astrological guide
- 9 Style Staples Every 30-Year-Old Should Own
- Christian Louboutin for your nails
- 11 Affordable Ways To Decorate A Blank Wall
- How To Look Like Jenny McCarthy In Your 40s
- 10 Shocking Stories About Returning Clothes
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession