Chic Coffee Table Toppers
- NextWant It!1 of 23Melanie Acevedo/Getty Images
- Previous NextWant It!2 of 23Courtesy of Kim Seybert
- Previous NextWant It!3 of 23Courtesy of Gretel Home
- Previous NextWant It!4 of 23Courtesy of 2Modern
- Previous NextWant It!5 of 23Courtesy of Etsy
- Previous NextWant It!6 of 23Courtesy of Michele Varian
- Previous NextWant It!7 of 23Courtesy of The Bootstrap Project
- Previous NextWant It!8 of 23Courtesy of Voila Gallery
- Previous NextWant It!9 of 23Courtesy of BHLDN
- Previous NextWant It!10 of 23Courtesy of Gretel Home
- Previous NextWant It!11 of 23Courtesy of Jonathan Adler
- Previous NextWant It!12 of 23Courtesy of Plush Home
- Previous NextWant It!13 of 23Courtesy of BHLDN
- Previous NextWant It!14 of 23Courtesy of Kate Spade
- Previous NextWant It!15 of 23Courtesy of Jailbreak Toys
- Previous NextWant It!16 of 23Courtesy of The Vitrine
- Previous NextWant It!17 of 23Courtesy of Trina Turk
- Previous NextWant It!18 of 23Courtesy of Voila Gallery
- Previous NextWant It!19 of 23Courtesy of Table Art
- Previous NextWant It!20 of 23Courtesy of Neiman Marcus
- Previous NextWant It!21 of 23Courtesy of Broadway Panhandler
- Previous NextWant It!22 of 23Courtesy of Holly Hock
- Previous NextWant It!23 of 23Courtesy of Neiman Marcus
- Chic Coffee Table ToppersMakeover Your Home in 30 minutes or Less
- Wedding DIYs That Are Actually Worth It
- The Most Embarrassing Wedding Fails Ever
- 10 Unexpected Colors For Home Exteriors
- 8 clever DIY ideas for your kitchen
- 12 Fun Facts to Kick Off Your Summer
- The Best Anti-Aging Products For Your Home
- A+ Teacher's Gifts For Less Than $20
- 8 Ways To Make Over Your Windows
- How to Protect Your Biggest Decor Investments
- Home Decor Tricks Every Woman Should Know
- Fresh (Not Frumpy) Floral Decor
- 10 Cheap & Chic Summer Decorating Trends
- Unbelievable Bathroom Makeovers
- Outdoor Entertaining Essentials Under $75
- Instagram Feeds To Follow For Home Decor
- Design Secrets For A Stress-Free Home
- Unforgettable Front Porches
- Design Ideas For Travel Lovers
Center Of Attention1 of 23
By Amy Elisa Keith
The coffee table sits smack dab in the center of the room, so why not make the most of it? Clear away the TV remotes, old magazines and propped-up feet, and get inspired by these sophisticated and playful finds. Whether you're home alone or entertaining guests, you'll appreciate your room's new centerpiece.
Balls Of Fire2 of 23
Solo or in a cluster, these studded spheres would look great in a dark wood bowl or propped up against a stack of large books.
SHOP NOW: Kim Seybert Heavy Metal Nebu Ball, $24
White Lightening3 of 23
This piece is a modern interpretation of Ming dynasty vases. According to the designer, its dynamic form represents the speed at which information travels and the speed at which we live our lives. Mod and meaningful.
SHOP NOW: Medium Fast Vase, $124
Hidden Gem4 of 23
Resting askew on a flat surface, this olive-tinted jewel vase looks extraordinary with or without flowers.
SHOP NOW: Boom Jewel Vase, $55
By The Horns5 of 23
Entice and intrigue with this naturally shed White-tailed Deer antler, hand-painted with acrylic paint.
SHOP NOW: Gold Aqua and Coral Antlers by MadeByCassandraSmith, $53
Out Of This World6 of 23
One of the most popular trends in home accents right now is the black globe. While many stores offer them, this chalkboard version stands out from the crowd.
SHOP NOW: Giant Chalkboard Globe, $450
Bowled Over7 of 23
This handmade ikat bowl can stand alone in the center of a table as a bold addition. Friends will also be impressed when you reveal that a woman in Tajikistan created this dishware. (It's traditionally used for Qurutob, a national food made of bread, yogurt, tomatoes and onion.
SHOP NOW: Galina's Ikat Bowl, $100
Watch Your Step8 of 23
Take a daring step toward sophistication and modernism with these vintage shoe molds encased in antique glass from Belgium. Whether you're a fashion maven or just a lover of oddities, you'll love the uniqueness.
SHOP NOW: Shoe Molds, $475
Burning Bright9 of 23
French-inspired paper prints wrap these elegant votives, which come in a set of six.
SHOP NOW: Printed Lumière Votives, $54
Toy Story10 of 23
This beech-wood bear is classic enough to double as decor for your home and a distraction for the kids.
SHOP NOW: Ursa the Bear, $125
Room Service11 of 23
Like in fashion, layering is a popular home trend. Give your table dimension by adding a tray like this geographic one from Jonathan Adler.
SHOP NOW: Jonathan Adler Lacquer Hexagon Tray, $175
Hidden Assets12 of 23
Store remotes, pens and other knacks in plain sight, thanks to this sleek lacquered box.
SHOP NOW: Plush Home Remote Control box, $190
Keys To Success13 of 23
There are no rules when it comes to design, so run wild by infusing items that intrigue. This set of worn keys stands out as a vintage element that would work as a beautiful contrast to a modern tabletop.
SHOP NOW: BHLDN Proprietors Keys, $18
In Focus14 of 23
Stylish picture frames are a popular and endearing addition to any table, and let you showcase your loved ones in style.
SHOP NOW: Kate Spade Pompano Point Frame, $40
Take A Stand15 of 23
In a home feature in the pages of ELLE DECOR, a Palm Springs homeowner placed a collection of small bobblehead dolls and figurines on his coffee table. This cheeky addition is a great way to infuse a bit of humor—or to honor your favorite revolutionary—in a playful way.
SHOP NOW: Little Giants Revolutionaries Collection, $18
Light box16 of 23
Opt for the minimal and non-traditional table light with these smooth wood box lamps that can be stacked in the center of your table.
SHOP NOW: Stacks Lamps, $185
Fiery Flames17 of 23
Whether lit or just as a sleek standby, Trina Turk's citrus candle blends easily with most room color palettes and emits a refreshing scent of blossoming oranges.
SHOP NOW: Trina Turk Citrus Candle, $34
Block Party18 of 23
This meticulously crafted sculpture is constructed from a collection of vintage printing press letters in a witty nod to writer's block.
SHOP NOW: Writer's Block, $950
Hot Pad19 of 23
When it's not in use, this trivet resembles a neon sculpture. But as soon as you pull those warm hors d'oeuvres from the oven, function meets fashion, thanks to its warm surface.
SHOP NOW: TableArt In & Out Trivet, $38
Merry Go 'Round20 of 23
Reconsider the typical placement of your art collection. Use your central surface to place a prominent sculpture like these antique mango wood discs.
SHOP NOW: Neiman Marcus Disc Sculptures, from $525
Handle This21 of 23
This mouth-blown glass wine decanter is accented with a leather handle and can sit ready and willing for a freshly opened bottle of Merlot.
SHOP NOW: Peugeot Cordoba Wine Decanter, $250
Curves Ahead22 of 23
This brightly colored porcelain vase would be an attention-grabbing addition to your table and looks divine with just a few willow stalks or bare branches placed inside.
SHOP NOW: Hollyhock Beauty Vase, $250
Take Flight23 of 23
Place this beautiful silver-plated airplane bank atop a stack of coffee table books.
SHOP NOW: Reed & Barton Airplane Bank, $50
- 10 ways to wear fashion's most addictive trend
- Yoga Poses for Every Sign
- Throw a 1920s themed party this holiday season
- The Ultimate Modern-Day Dining Guide
- How to have a work "husband"
- Totally Inappropriate Vintage Holiday Cards
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession