Stunning porches and patios
- Next1 of 14Glo
- Previous Next2 of 14Courtesy of Commune
- Previous Next3 of 14Jeremy Morgan for Bruce Bolander Architect
- Previous Next4 of 14Paul Hester of Hester + Hardaway Photogypsies
- Previous Next5 of 14Courtesy of Albertsson Hansen Architecture, Ltd.
- Previous Next6 of 14Art Gray/ Courtesy of Andersson-Wise Architects
- Previous Next7 of 14Thomas J Story/Sunset Publishing for Arterra Architects
- Previous Next8 of 14Courtesy of Platt-Dana Architects
- Previous Next9 of 14Erik Otsea for Elysian Landscapes
- Previous Next10 of 14Courtesy of Platt-Dana Architects
- Previous Next11 of 14Erik Otsea/ Courtesy of Elysian Landscapes
- Previous Next12 of 14JK Lawrence/ Courtesy of Greene Partners
- Previous Next13 of 14Courtesy of Alex Scott Porter Design
- Previous Next14 of 14Michael Lavin Flower/ Courtesy of Burr and McCallum Architects
- Stunning porches and patiosMakeover Your Home in 30 minutes or Less
- Wedding DIYs That Are Actually Worth It
- The Most Embarrassing Wedding Fails Ever
- 10 Unexpected Colors For Home Exteriors
- 8 clever DIY ideas for your kitchen
- 12 Fun Facts to Kick Off Your Summer
- The Best Anti-Aging Products For Your Home
- A+ Teacher's Gifts For Less Than $20
- 8 Ways To Make Over Your Windows
- How to Protect Your Biggest Decor Investments
- Home Decor Tricks Every Woman Should Know
- Fresh (Not Frumpy) Floral Decor
- 10 Cheap & Chic Summer Decorating Trends
- Unbelievable Bathroom Makeovers
- Outdoor Entertaining Essentials Under $75
- Instagram Feeds To Follow For Home Decor
- Design Secrets For A Stress-Free Home
- Unforgettable Front Porches
- Design Ideas For Travel Lovers
INTRO_Al_Fresco_Living_v091 of 14
Mediterranean Mix2 of 14
The designers at Commune mixed modern and eclectic elements with plenty of seating and a gas grill, offering all the essentials for an outdoor dinner party.
ON REMODELISTA: Bohemian Modern in Los Angeles
Let There Be Light3 of 14
Tucked in the Santa Monica Mountains, this Malibu oasis was designed by Bruce Bolander to engulf the panoramic views. While sitting along the outdoor space, one can see the Pacific Ocean and nearby Catalina Island.
ON REMODELISTA: A Mid-century Compound in L.A.
This Rocks4 of 14
Built for a family retreat, the Rocking F Ranch in rural Texas boasts an exaggerated porch equipped with rocking chairs, pendant lights and ceiling fans. The architects at Mell Lawrence kept the lines clean and the elements simple "to create a palette that ties the buildings to the land."
ON REMODELISTA: An Architect Visit in Austin
Sitting Pretty5 of 14
This screened-in porch by Albertsson Hansen Architecture embraces a cool Scandinavian palette. Located along Bay Lake in Minnesota, it makes for the perfect setting to enjoy a warm summer's evening.
ON REMODELISTA: An Architect Duo in Minnesota
A View from the Top6 of 14
Texas-based architectural firm Andersson-Wise kicks outdoor dining up a few notches. This open-air kitchen is on the top floor of the house, offering expansive views of Lake Travis.
ON REMODELISTA: Amazing Waterfront Homes
Eco Lounge7 of 14
The native plants and chaise lounge are not the only green elements in this city garden. Partners at the San Francisco-based Arterra Landscape Architects incorporated recycled, reclaimed and locally made materials to create a peaceful and sustainable urban oasis.
ON REMODELISTA: Visionary Landscape Architects
Warming Trend8 of 14
On this wood porch by Platt Dana Architects, a grand fireplace adds warmth during the cooler months, while the four rocking chairs and small coffee table encourage conversation.
ON REMODELISTA: Relaxing in the Connecticut Countryside
Shade in Manhattan9 of 14
An urban garden blossoms from a confined space into an entertaining oasis. Judy Kameon of Elysian Landscapes incorporated natural bamboo screens with a built-in banquette to create a serene patio that exists worlds above the New York City pavement.
ON REMODELISTA: A Blooming Brownstone
Screen Test10 of 14
With a rustic wood interior, screened walls and plenty of light, this porch addition by New York–based Platt Dana Architects offers a seamless indoor/outdoor living and dining room experience.
ON REMODELISTA: A Rustic Outdoor Addition in Columbia County, N.Y.
Fair & Square11 of 14
Elysian Landscapes transformed this simple backyard space into an open-air living room. Similar to an interior palette, the green in the surrounding landscape provides a background color, while blue and coral cushions offer bright accents.
ON REMODELISTA: Modern Townhouse Gardens
Mountain High12 of 14
With cedar siding and a rugged appeal, Bay Residence by Greene Partners complements its natural surroundings. The warm-colored concrete floors extend to a platform patio overlooking the water and lush forest.
ON REMODELISTA: Rural Design in Washington State
Ray of Light13 of 14
By incorporating cedar slats into her design, Alex Scott Porter created an outdoor guesthouse that boasts plenty of privacy and shields the intense afternoon sun.
ON REMODELISTA: A Seamless Amagansett Home
Soak It In14 of 14
Berkshires House X by Burr and McCallum Architects includes a "sun catcher" porch that faces south, thus offering a comfortable space to soak in the natural grandeur of Western Massachusetts.
ON REMODELISTA: A Rustic Barn in the Berkshires