Creative Ways to Transform a Blank Wall
- Next1 of 10Photo by William Waldron
- Previous Next2 of 10Photo by Simon Upton
- Previous Next3 of 10Photo by William Waldron
- Previous Next4 of 10Photo by Pieter Estersohn
- Previous Next5 of 10Photo by Simon Upton
- Previous Next6 of 10Photo by William Waldron
- Previous Next7 of 10Photo by William Waldron
- Previous Next8 of 10Photo by William Waldron
- Previous Next9 of 10Photo by William Waldron
- Previous Next10 of 10Photo by Eric Piasecki
- Creative Ways to Transform a Blank WallNate Berkus' Tips For How to Set a Table
- Designers' Favorite Florists from Around the Country
- What Julianne Moore Can't Live Without
- 15 One-of-a-Kind Kitchens
- 10 Cheap & Chic Summer Decorating Trends
- 8 clever DIY ideas for your kitchen
- 12 Fun Facts to Kick Off Your Summer
- Instagram Feeds To Follow For Home Decor
- A+ Teacher's Gifts For Less Than $20
- 8 Ways To Make Over Your Windows
- Ellen DeGeneres's relaxing ranch retreat
- The ultimate guide to stress-free parties
- Outrageous wedding cakes, favors, venues & more
- The Best Anti-Aging Products For Your Home
- Unbelievable Bathroom Makeovers
- Outdoor Entertaining Essentials Under $75
- How to Protect Your Biggest Decor Investments
- Design Secrets For A Stress-Free Home
- Unforgettable Front Porches
Get Creative1 of 10
By ELLE DECOR
Don't be intimidated—a big, windowless wall can be the perfect canvas for creative ideas.
Wallpaper Icon2 of 10
In an apartment designed by Nate Berkus, Martinique wallpaper (an iconic pattern from the Beverly Hills Hotel) sheaths this dining area; the vintage Pace Collection chairs are from Center 44 in New York City.
ON ELLE DECOR: 21 Celebrity Bedroom Designs
Books & Art3 of 10
The library of a Manhattan loft, which is painted in Farrow & Ball’s Elephant’s Breath, features a wall papered in a print by Neisha Crosland, and a photograph by Ellen Kooi is displayed in front of modular metal shelves; the chairs and Eclipse light fixture are by Ochre, and the rug is by Odegard.
ON ELLE DECOR: 5 Most Fashionable Rooms of the Week
Family Ties4 of 10
In a study by designer Gwen Driscoll, Jonathan Adler benches sit in front of a Ted Boerner leather sofa; family photographs hang on the wall.
ON ELLE DECOR: 19 Amazing Designer Kitchens
Mirror Mirror5 of 10
The Syrian chest of drawers in the bedroom of designer Sig Bergamin holds photographs by John Hall (left) and Tuca Reinés, an antique Chinese mask, and an Indian bone-inlaid box.
Soften the Walls6 of 10
In a bedroom designed by Iain Halliday, a Saarinen armchair and custom bedside table are paired with a bed dressed in Frette linens; paintings by Anselm Reyle hang on walls painted in Benjamin Moore’s Eagle Rock, the swing-arm sconces are from Hinson Lighting, and the carpet is by ABC Carpet & Home.
Pattern Play7 of 10
In the den of Jonathan Adler and Simon Doonan’s Florida home, the Butterfield sofa, Beatrice lamp, and Richard Nixon rug are all Adler designs; the wallpaper and the butterfly tapestry are vintage, and the backgammon set is by Albrizzi.
Layer Up8 of 10
A hand-painted wall covering by de Gournay adorns the foyer of a Manhattan apartment designed by Iain Halliday, the antique French mirror is from Bijan Royal, and the rug is by Stark.
Fashion Plate9 of 10
In a Manhattan foyer decorated by Rafael de Cárdenas, fashion photographs by Melvin Sokolsky are displayed above a 1960s Brazilian credenza; the walls are Venetian plaster.
ON ELLE DECOR: Bobby Flay's Hampton’s Dream House
Dine & Shine10 of 10
A 19th-century French chandelier hangs above a dining table made from a pair of ’70s brass bases found on eBay; the ’40s French dining chairs are upholstered in a Lelièvre velvet, the shades are of a Lee Jofa silk, and the rug is by the Rug Company. The walls were painted with ten coats of custom lacquer.
- 10 Best Street Style Outfits From Brazil
- Creative Hobbies & Crafts to Inspire You
- Lilly Pulitzer x Target Is Here!
- 11 Rising Stars Who Are Future Beauty Icons
- 12 Stylish Alternatives To Wearing Jeans
- 8 clever DIY ideas for your kitchen
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession