How to decorate your space with denim
- Next1 of 15Glo
- Previous Next2 of 15Courtesy of L’Aviva Home
- Previous Next3 of 15Courtesy of Crate & Barrel
- Previous Next4 of 15Courtesy of Teroforma
- Previous Next5 of 15Courtesy of Cloth and Goods
- Previous Next6 of 15Courtesy of Ralph Lauren Home
- Previous Next7 of 15Courtesy of Land of Nod
- Previous Next8 of 15Courtesy of Cloth and Goods
- Previous Next9 of 15Courtesy of L’Aviva Home
- Previous Next10 of 15Courtesy of Madeline Weinrib
- Previous Next11 of 15Courtesy of PB Teen
- Previous Next12 of 15Courtesy of Philip Ficks
- Previous Next13 of 15Courtesy of Wayfair
- Previous Next14 of 15Courtesy of Les Indiennes
- Previous Next15 of 15Courtesy of PB Teen
- How to decorate your space with denimMakeover Your Home in 30 minutes or Less
- Wedding DIYs That Are Actually Worth It
- The Most Embarrassing Wedding Fails Ever
- 10 Unexpected Colors For Home Exteriors
- 8 clever DIY ideas for your kitchen
- 12 Fun Facts to Kick Off Your Summer
- The Best Anti-Aging Products For Your Home
- A+ Teacher's Gifts For Less Than $20
- 8 Ways To Make Over Your Windows
- How to Protect Your Biggest Decor Investments
- Home Decor Tricks Every Woman Should Know
- Fresh (Not Frumpy) Floral Decor
- 10 Cheap & Chic Summer Decorating Trends
- Unbelievable Bathroom Makeovers
- Outdoor Entertaining Essentials Under $75
- Instagram Feeds To Follow For Home Decor
- Design Secrets For A Stress-Free Home
- Unforgettable Front Porches
- Design Ideas For Travel Lovers
True Blues1 of 15
By Stacey Lindsay for Remodelista
When it comes to your wardrobe, you know the benefits of a great pair of basic blues: They're classic and comfy, can be dressed up or down, and they go with everything. For those same reasons, denim and denim-inspired finds also make great additions to your decor. Here are 14 ideas for how to incorporate this much-loved material and go-to blue hue into your home.
Go for Indigo2 of 15
These soft throw pillows are made by hand, following the practices of the Dogon people in West Africa. Each piece is submerged into the natural blue dye of the true indigo plant to produce a vibrant shade.
SHOP NOW: Indigo Pillow, prices start at $185
ON REMODELISTA: Shopper's Diary: L'Aviva Home
Sofa So Good3 of 15
Curling up on this slipcovered sofa is as inviting as slipping on your favorite weekend jeans—reading and lounging at its most comfortable.
SHOP NOW: Lounge Slipcovered Apartment Sofa in Denim Blue, $1,850
ON REMODELISTA: Eve Ashcraft's Indigo Palette
Serving a Purpose4 of 15
To help create a relaxed atmosphere at your next party, serve hors d'oeuvres on this chevron tray that resembles denim close-up.
SHOP NOW: Chevron Trays, $58 (set of two)
ON REMODELISTA: An Indigo Mood Board
To Dye For5 of 15
Designer and stylist Melissa Newirth's line of cotton dish towels are colored with rich dark indigo and woven in small batches on hand-operated looms for a woodsy, home-spun feel.
SHOP NOW: Dish Towels, $30
ON REMODELISTA: Cloth and Goods in Portland
Have a Seat6 of 15
Ralph Lauren Home unexpectedly combines the casual appeal of rugged denim with a sophisticated Edwardian-style lounge chair.
SHOP NOW: Lounging Chair, $4,990
ON REMODELISTA: Indigo Matt in San Francisco
Staying Grounded7 of 15
Made entirely of denim fabric (90 percent is from leftover cuttings from the garment industry), this rug brings the cool factor of broken-in jeans to any room.
SHOP NOW: True Blue Rag Rug, $99 (for 4x6)
ON REMODELISTA: The Return of the Rag Rug
In Bloom8 of 15
As classic as a pair of jeans and a white button-down, these classically feminine napkins are perfect for outdoor dining.
SHOP NOW: Indigo Napkins, $25 each
ON REMODELISTA: Palette & Paints: Blue and White
Blanket Statement9 of 15
The color indigo is highly prized in West Africa for its beauty and spiritual meaning. Each one of these blankets made in the region is submerged in vats of the deep blue dye for days, resulting in soft color-saturated throws.
SHOP NOW: Indigo Bedcovers, $185 and up
ON REMODELISTA: Hand-Dyed Natural Indigo
Earn Your Stripes10 of 15
A finely woven piece of art for the floor (or your wall): Madeline Weinrib's flat weave cotton denim rug is hand-stitched and reversible.
SHOP NOW: Blue Note Flat-Weave Carpet, $2,000
ON REMODELISTA: Artful Rugs Made in India
On the Fly11 of 15
This light butterfly chair in washed denim is a casual riff on the original 1938 design, which was first produced with a leather sling.
SHOP NOW: Enzyme-Washed Denim Butterfly Chair, $99
ON REMODELISTA: Indigo Inspiration
Blue Plate Special12 of 15
Artist Michele Michael of Elephant Ceramics creates bowls and dishes painted to look like various shades of denim.
SHOP NOW: Contact Elephant Ceramics for pricing and availability
ON REMODELISTA: A Ceramicist at Home
Ottoman Empire13 of 15
Well-worn denim and leather see new life as a recycled patchwork cover for an ottoman.
SHOP NOW: Denim Ottoman Square, $278
ON REMODELISTA: Evocative Quilts Made of Recycled Denim
Comfort Zone14 of 15
These luxe linens from Les Indiennes are softened and colored using the ancient Indian practice of Kalamkari, a method that employs rinsing, rock beating and steaming.
ON REMODELISTA: Hand-Printed Wallpaper from Les Indiennes
Jean Bag15 of 15
Like your favorite pair of jeans, this plush seat gets softer and cozier with wear.
SHOP NOW: Washed Denim Beanbag, $80
ON REMODELISTA: A Chic Teenager's Bedroom in London