Design Aspiration: Modern Bedroom
- Next1 of 14Eric Piasecki
- Previous Next2 of 14Courtesy of FLOR
- Previous Next3 of 14Courtesy of YLiving
- Previous Next4 of 14Courtesy of The Bootstrap Project
- Previous Next5 of 14Courtesy of Pottery Barn
- Previous Next6 of 14Courtesy of Dering Hall
- Previous Next7 of 14Courtesy of Anthropologie
- Previous Next8 of 14Courtesy of Jonathan Adler
- Previous Next9 of 14Courtesy of Crate & Barrel
- Previous Next10 of 14Courtesy of Dering Hall
- Previous Next11 of 14Courtesy of Ethan Allen
- Previous Next12 of 14Courtesy of E. Braun & Co.
- Previous Next13 of 14Courtesy of West Elm
- Previous Next14 of 14Courtesy of Crate & Barrel
Living Large1 of 14
By Amy Elisa Keith
After a total gut renovation by designer Steven Gamble, a young couple's Manhattan apartment was transformed into the house of their dreams. The spacious, pre-war design and stately decor may just inspire you to change up your own bedroom with these handpicked furnishings.
Tread Lightly2 of 14
Ground your room with a surprisingly soft sisal rug made of square tiles from FLOR. Arrange them in a variety of ways to fit your space.
SHOP NOW: Suit Yourself Raffia carpet tile by FLOR, $12 per tile
Desk-Side Chat3 of 14
Position an unassuming yet stylish writing desk under a window to create an instant work nook for those early-morning email sessions.
SHOP NOW: Blu Dot Cant Desk, $480
Dye Job4 of 14
Throw a pop of color into the mix with silk indigo pillows that play perfectly off other graphic elements in the room.
SHOP NOW: Robiya's Ikat Pillow, $65
ON ELLE DECOR: Tips for Kid-Friendly Decor
Line Up5 of 14
Similar to the duet of armchairs in the inspiration home, these pared-down seats provide comfort and generous style while picking up hints of blue throughout the suite.
SHOP NOW: Arlington Armchair in Dorian Stripe, $949
Thread Count6 of 14
Upholstered beds aren't for the fickle. But if you're up for the commitment, then consider a custom fabric-trimmed bed like this striped silk piece.
SHOP NOW: Dering Hall Upholstered Bed, price upon request
ON ELLE DECOR: Sexy Celebrity Bedrooms
Straight Shooter7 of 14
Blend design eras strategically with this mid-century modern desk chair that stands out thanks to it's sleek, high back.
SHOP NOW: Duncan Chair, $298
Bottle Service8 of 14
Maximize space on your bedside table with a narrow-based lamp like this bottle-shaped shiner from Jonathan Adler.
SHOP NOW: Capri Bottle Lamp, $275
Bright Spot9 of 14
Let the patterns and blue-wheat palette of the room take center stage by opting for a simple pendant lamp. The bold scale and soft, ambient glow will complement the calming nature of the space.
SHOP NOW: Finley Large Wheat Pendant Lamp, $199
Foot Loose10 of 14
There can never be too much seating—even in the bedroom. Take a cue from this master suite by placing two small yet decorative footstools at the base of the bed.
SHOP NOW: Martin Ottoman, price upon request
ON ELLE DECOR: The Ultimate Closet Organizing Guide
Hang-Ups11 of 14
Still saving up for the Mark Bradford painting of your dreams? In the meantime, inject a burst of culture into your space with a couple of framed woven fabrics hung above the bed.
SHOP NOW: Indigo Ikat IV, $449
Rest Easy12 of 14
The Manhattan home's master bedroom features luxe linens from E. Braun & Co. Climb into a set of your own every night this winter.
SHOP NOW: E. Braun & Co. Palladio Bedding, prices vary
Shut Out13 of 14
Gambrel designed Indian silk-covered walls for the master bedroom. Try hanging handspun floor-to-ceiling drapes with a subtle shimmer to usher in the same classic style.
SHOP NOW: Silk Grommet Window Panel, from $89
Waves Of Grain14 of 14
Achieve the sophisticated look for less with a versatile and warm cream shag rug.
SHOP NOW: Felix Natural Rug, from $399
NEXT ON GLO: Achieve the Look of this Mosaic Kitchen
- 7 Ways to Grow Out Your Bangs Gracefully
- Virgo's Personalized Astrological Guide
- Doh! The MAC x The Simpsons collection is finally
- The Ultimate Guide to Granny Chic
- Esquire: 14 Books Every Man Should Read
- 10 Style Rebels Who Changed Fashion
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession