Design Aspiration: An Airy Brazilian Abode
- Next1 of 13Simon Upton
- Previous NextWant It!2 of 13Courtesy of Kathryn Ireland
- Previous NextWant It!3 of 13Courtesy of Nordstrom
- Previous NextWant It!4 of 13Courtesy of Amazon
- Previous NextWant It!5 of 13Courtesy of CB2
- Previous NextWant It!6 of 13Courtesy of Horchow
- Previous NextWant It!7 of 13Courtesy of 1-800-Flowers
- Previous NextWant It!8 of 13Courtesy of ABC Home & Rug
- Previous NextWant It!9 of 13Courtesy of Jayson Home & Garden
- Previous NextWant It!10 of 13Courtesy of Room Service
- Previous NextWant It!11 of 13Courtesy of Restoration Hardware
- Previous NextWant It!12 of 13Courtesy of Branch Home
- Previous NextWant It!13 of 13Courtesy of Design House Stockholm
- Design Aspiration: An Airy Brazilian AbodeMakeover Your Home in 30 minutes or Less
- Wedding DIYs That Are Actually Worth It
- The Most Embarrassing Wedding Fails Ever
- 10 Unexpected Colors For Home Exteriors
- 8 clever DIY ideas for your kitchen
- 12 Fun Facts to Kick Off Your Summer
- The Best Anti-Aging Products For Your Home
- A+ Teacher's Gifts For Less Than $20
- 8 Ways To Make Over Your Windows
- How to Protect Your Biggest Decor Investments
- Home Decor Tricks Every Woman Should Know
- Fresh (Not Frumpy) Floral Decor
- 10 Cheap & Chic Summer Decorating Trends
- Unbelievable Bathroom Makeovers
- Outdoor Entertaining Essentials Under $75
- Instagram Feeds To Follow For Home Decor
- Design Secrets For A Stress-Free Home
- Unforgettable Front Porches
- Design Ideas For Travel Lovers
One With Nature1 of 13
By Amy Elisa Keith
Our friends at ELLE DECOR recently toured the home of fashion designer Carlos Miele in Florianópolis, Brazil. With an assortment of natural pieces and an open-air living room that flows effortlessly into the outdoors, his refreshing space has inspired us to let our own homes breathe. Here's how to do it.
Think Pink2 of 13
Don't ditch the colored accessories you already have. Instead, complement warm tones in your room with similar hues to add a touch of depth.
SHOP NOW: Pink Striped Moroccan Throw, $650
To Dye For3 of 13
Pillows with an ikat print (similar to tie-dying) will have you covered when it comes to one of the year’s hottest trend: ethnic prints.
SHOP NOW: Ikat Print Pillow in Barn Red, $25
ON ELLE DECOR: Living Rooms that Bring Nature Indoors
Solid As A Rock4 of 13
Hardwood and carpets are so traditional. Amp up the drama by installing weathered stone flooring for a natural yet sophisticated foundation for your room.
SHOP NOW: Natural Stone Flooring, prices vary
Clearly Speaking5 of 13
Now you see it, now you don't. Lucite or glass furniture is all the rage and instantly lightens up a room. Balance a large sectional with a seemingly invisible coffee table like this one.
SHOP NOW: Peekaboo Clear Coffee Table, $249
ON ELLE DECOR: We’re Seeing Spots! Polka Dot Trend
Shine Time6 of 13
Re-create Miele's large, expansive windows by investing in floor mirrors. They brighten up the space and give the appearance of a wider room.
SHOP NOW: Horchow Adalina Mirror, $675
Giving Tree7 of 13
Bring the scents of the outdoors inside with this crisp-smelling lemon tree that can grow and bloom in direct sunlight or be planted just outside your window.
SHOP NOW: Meyer Lemon Tree, $60
Hide & Seek8 of 13
For a chic flooring option that is less dramatic than a large hide rug, take a cue from Miele and opt for this geometric cowhide piece.
SHOP NOW: Gemma Cowhide Rug, $699
Stand By9 of 13
A potted plant in the corner is nice, but a bit expected. Instead, try a large urn like this one, made form volcanic ash.
SHOP NOW: Formal Urns, from $178
ON GLO: Extreme Rooftop Retreats
Fit For A King10 of 13
All it takes is one of these handcrafted chairs to give an unexpectedly regal feeling in any space.
SHOP NOW: Louis Armchair in Cowhide, $795
ON ELLE DECOR: Hang Art Like a Pro!
Rancher's Delight11 of 13
Miele's saddle in the living room prompted us to seek out this distressed, hide-haired ottoman.
SHOP NOW: 1950s Copenhagen Hair-On-Hide Top Ottoman, $700
Block Party12 of 13
Cluster these wooden candle blocks for an organic-looking centerpiece.
SHOP NOW: Arroyo Candle Blocks, from $26
ON GLO: From Retail To Your Room
Room Service13 of 13
Made of red rubber wood, these sturdy trays are perfect for all your entertaining needs. Plus, they're great table toppers when not in use.
SHOP NOW: Small Diptero Tray, from $45