- Next1 of 8Courtesy of Maison Martin Margiela
- Previous Next2 of 8Courtesy of Maison Martin Margiela
- Previous NextWant It!3 of 8Courtesy of Blue Bell Bazaar
- Previous NextWant It!4 of 8Courtesy of National Artcraft
- Previous NextWant It!5 of 8Courtesy of LampsPlus
- Previous Next6 of 8Courtesy of Maison Martin Margiela
- Previous NextWant It!7 of 8Courtesy of National Artcraft
- Previous NextWant It!8 of 8Courtesy of Pottery Barn
- Doable DIYMakeover Your Home in 30 minutes or Less
- Wedding DIYs That Are Actually Worth It
- The Most Embarrassing Wedding Fails Ever
- 10 Unexpected Colors For Home Exteriors
- 8 clever DIY ideas for your kitchen
- 12 Fun Facts to Kick Off Your Summer
- The Best Anti-Aging Products For Your Home
- A+ Teacher's Gifts For Less Than $20
- 8 Ways To Make Over Your Windows
- How to Protect Your Biggest Decor Investments
- Home Decor Tricks Every Woman Should Know
- Fresh (Not Frumpy) Floral Decor
- 10 Cheap & Chic Summer Decorating Trends
- Unbelievable Bathroom Makeovers
- Outdoor Entertaining Essentials Under $75
- Instagram Feeds To Follow For Home Decor
- Design Secrets For A Stress-Free Home
- Unforgettable Front Porches
- Design Ideas For Travel Lovers
Bright Idea1 of 8
Light up your life by replicating European designer brand Maison Martin Margiela's cheap-chic Bottle Lamps. These innovative conversation pieces make for a high-design DIY concept, brought to you by our friends at Remodelista.
Make this Lamp2 of 8
Maison Martin Margiela's salvaged bottle lamp, shown here with a faded vintage label, was unveiled at the prestigious 2010 Maison et Objet design show in Paris. This look can be yours by following a few simple steps, starting on the next slide.
The Bottle3 of 8
First, grab an empty wine bottle or search for a unique flea market find.
BUY NOW: Bottles from Blue Bell Bazaar
RELATED ON REMODELISTA: 10 Easy Pieces: Economical Task Lamps
The Hardware4 of 8
Next, you'll need an easy-to-use Cork Stopper Lamp Kit, which works with any standard wine bottle.
BUY NOW: Cork Stopper Lamp Kit, $12
RELATED ON REMODELISTA: Roundup of Lighting Pieces
The Shade5 of 8
Finally, top off your bottle lamp with a dark shade, such as this one.
BUY NOW: Black Drum Lampshade, $30
Or, Try a Clear Bottle6 of 8
For a lighter look, you can also recreate Margiela's white bottle lamp with a sleek, crystal-clear bottle.
RELATED ON REMODELISTA: Lighting: Jean Pelle Bubble Chandelier
The Hardware7 of 8
You'll need hardware with a light cord for this style lamp. Try this convenient GE Bottle Lamp Kit.
BUY NOW: Bottle Lamp Kit with White Cord, $18
RELATED ON REMODELISTA: Find More DIY Projects
The Shade8 of 8
Now, top it all off with a simple ivory, beige or white shade to finish your DIY project.
BUY NOW: White Linen Tapered Drum Shade, $29
- The ultimate guide to freckled skin
- Decor inspiration from your favorite TV shows
- The only way to celebrate National Cat Day
- Never Say These Things About Your Ex
- Glo Challenge: Beauty Blogger Makeunder
- What men really think of 10 fall trends
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession