Exotic Celeb Vacations
- Next1 of 14Glo
- Previous Next2 of 14CAMERA PRESS/Retna Lt., Location: David De Lossy/Thinkstock
- Previous Next3 of 14SDFL/Splash News, Location: ABEL/Getty Images
- Previous Next4 of 14Michael Loccisano/FilmMagic, Location: Thinkstock
- Previous Next5 of 14Steve Finn/Retna Ltd., Location: Thinkstock
- Previous Next6 of 14Bauer-Griffin, Location: Digital
- Previous Next7 of 14OLYCOM/bauergriffinonline.com, Location: Comstock/Thinkstock
- Previous Next8 of 14Al Powers/Retna Ltd., Location: Medioimages/Photodisc/Thinkstock
- Previous Next9 of 14Kadena Pix/bauergriffinonline.com, Location: Thinkstock
- Previous Next10 of 14ELIOT PRESS/bauergriffinonline.com, Location: Brand X Pictures/Thinkstock
- Previous Next11 of 14bauergriffinonline.com, Location: Jupiterimages/Thinkstock
- Previous Next12 of 14CHRIS/bauergriffinonline.com, Location: John Foxx/Thinkstock
- Previous Next13 of 14Ginsburg/Spaly/Splash News Location: Karl Weatherly/Thinkstock
- Previous Next14 of 14Jeff Kravitz/FilmMagic Location: Jeremy Moran/Getty Images
- Exotic Celeb VacationsMakeover Your Home in 30 minutes or Less
- Wedding DIYs That Are Actually Worth It
- The Most Embarrassing Wedding Fails Ever
- 10 Unexpected Colors For Home Exteriors
- 8 clever DIY ideas for your kitchen
- 12 Fun Facts to Kick Off Your Summer
- The Best Anti-Aging Products For Your Home
- A+ Teacher's Gifts For Less Than $20
- 8 Ways To Make Over Your Windows
- How to Protect Your Biggest Decor Investments
- Home Decor Tricks Every Woman Should Know
- Fresh (Not Frumpy) Floral Decor
- 10 Cheap & Chic Summer Decorating Trends
- Unbelievable Bathroom Makeovers
- Outdoor Entertaining Essentials Under $75
- Instagram Feeds To Follow For Home Decor
- Design Secrets For A Stress-Free Home
- Unforgettable Front Porches
- Design Ideas For Travel Lovers
Stars on Holiday1 of 14
By Amy Elisa Keith
Whether it’s a winter wonderland ski trip in Aspen or a beach retreat on tropical Necker Island, these are the uber-exclusive vacation destinations of the stars.
South Africa2 of 14
Even before the World Cup, stars flocked to the gem country of Africa for safaris, shopping and amazing beaches. Oprah has made the country home to her school for girls, and Matt Damon and Clint Eastwood have traveled to Cape Town for fun. One&Only Cape Town is the celebrity hotel of choice in the oceanside town, before stars head to Johannesburg for tours of Nelson Mandela’s original home in Soweto.
St. Tropez3 of 14
This French Rivera town is sizzling with stars in the summertime. From Tom Cruise shopping to Diddy’s infamous yacht parties, St. Tropez is the shore to be on. The playground of the rich and famous features delicious terrace cafes, slow-cruising expensive cars and classy nightclubs.
Bora Bora4 of 14
Jetting to French Polynesia is a privilege few enjoy. But for Nicole Kidman and Quincy Jones, Bora Bora is a divine destination for a little R&R. A lagoon and a barrier reef surround the isle where most visitors stay in huts situated on the water. Popular star spots include Le Meridien resort and Bloody Mary’s restaurant.
Necker Island5 of 14
Sir Richard Branson’s private island paradise in the British Virgin Islands is hired privately for a maximum of 28 guests costing a minimum of $53,000 per night for the group. Celebs like Mariah Carey and Kate Winslet have been guests on the white sandy beaches that offer kitesurfing and solitary lazy hammocks throughout the property. Even after an August 2011 fire demolished his Great House, Branson has already rebuilt the estate in time for his daughter's wedding this month.
Maldives6 of 14
Another star magnet, the Maldives is a gorgeous island in the Indian Ocean near Sri Lanka. Penelope Cruz and Javier Bardem both escaped to this small island retreat in the beginning of their romance. Boasting private ocean villas and pristine white beaches accompanied by warm waters, this is the getaway of getaways.
Lake Como7 of 14
Drop-dead gorgeous actor George Clooney put this Italian lake on the map with his 18th century villa. Throughout the year and on holidays, Clooney can be found recharging at his Italian villa with friends like David Beckham, Matt Damon and Brad Pitt. Talk about a guys’ getaway!
Capri8 of 14
The Italian island of Capri has been a coastal resort location of the stars for decades. Celebs like Eddie Murphy and Bill and Giuliana Rancic cannot get enough of the champagne-filled nights and exclusive shopping at Anacapri, which is tucked in the hills at the far end of the island. Temptation is guaranteed every step of the way.
Rio de Janeiro9 of 14
Stars like Hugh Jackman and Gisele Bundchen have embraced the cocktails, culture and caliente weather of Rio de Janeiro. Whether it’s for the annual Carnival or for the laidback beach culture, Rio is a must-visit city. We’re sure that tons of Hollywood heavyweights will make the journey down south for the 2014 FIFA World Cup and the Summer Olympics just two years later.
Paris10 of 14
Power couple Ryan Seacrest and Julianne Hough took to the City of Lights last year with a trip to Paris alongside his family. Taking in the best of the city, the duo dined at Frederic Simonin restaurant and braved the cold to catch Monet’s sold-out exhibition at the Grand Palais.
Ibiza11 of 14
This party town off the coast of Spain attracts an A-List crowd year-round. Actor Leonardo DiCaprio has frequently chartered a yacht for mid-summer vacations with the guys (and sometimes his girlfriend of the moment) and gets out for some snorkeling and sightseeing.
Hawaii12 of 14
Around Christmas each year you can catch President Obama and the first family vacationing in Maui for a warm weather getaway. Who can blame them? It’s breathtakingly beautiful, with endless golf courses and golden sunrises. Stars like Pierce Brosnan and Sophie Monk agree, and their sun-kissed tans prove it.
Aspen13 of 14
The Colorado town is one of the hottest ski destinations on the planet. Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn own a home here, and Demi Moore frequently vacations. Aspen features excellent shopping and cozy digs at places like Hotel Jerome, where snow bunny Mariah Carey has hosted parties.
Dubai14 of 14
The gem of the United Arab Emirates is fast becoming a popular playground for American celebrities looking to try sandboarding, five-star ethnic cuisine, and to visit the Burj Khalifa, the tallest building in the world. Actor Tom Cruise spent weeks in the city and performed his own stunts for Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol dangling from the famed skyscraper. Meanwhile, Chris Brown just returned from a weekend trip to Dubai with his new girlfriend where the pair raced in the sand dunes.
- 30 Books Every Woman Should Read by 30
- Hey, Stud! 8 Statement Earrings
- Doh! The MAC x The Simpsons collection is finally
- Bizarre beauty secrets from backstage
- 9 Must-Have Laundry Room Upgrades
- Signs You're a Social Media Narcissist
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession