- Next1 of 11Glo
- Previous Next2 of 11Courtesy of Côté Maison
- Previous Next3 of 11Courtesy of Lucas Allen
- Previous Next4 of 11Courtesy of Ruschmeyer’s
- Previous Next5 of 11Courtesy of Casa Angelina
- Previous Next6 of 11Courtesy of Maison Couturier in Veracruz.
- Previous Next7 of 11Courtesy of Peter Bennetts for Fjäll
- Previous Next8 of 11Courtesy of Jeff Cate
- Previous Next9 of 11Courtesy of Bodie and Fou
- Previous Next10 of 11Courtesy of Sally England
- Previous Next11 of 11Courtesy of Stadshem for The Marion House Book
INTRO-Sleeper_Hits1 of 11
Get in Line2 of 11
Black and white stripes add a dramatic effect to this otherwise classic white bedroom. To re-create the look, consider making your own upholstered headboard with your favorite fabric.
ON REMODELISTA: Palette & Paints: Graphic Black and White Stripes
Think Pink3 of 11
Never underestimate the power of paint. The designers at Alexandra Angle Interior Design created an instant headboard by coloring a small section of this bedroom corner. Re-create the look with Calamine Pink by Farrow & Ball.
ON REMODELISTA: Steal This Look: Pale Pink Bedroom
It's a Mod World4 of 11
The Victorian wicker headboards in Ruschmeyer's guest rooms lend a glamorous note to the mid-century modern vibe. Scour your local vintage market for similar rattan options.
ON REMODELISTA: Steal This Look: Montauk Mod Bedroom
White Out5 of 11
A simple wood-slatted wall does double duty as a headboard. Paired with all-white bedding and decor, this makes for a calm and peaceful sleep sanctuary.
ON REMODELISTA: Hotels & Lodging: Casa Angelina in Amalfi
Pitch Black6 of 11
With or without a frame headboard, a dark backdrop provides a stark contrast against light linens. A coat of chalkboard-black paint is an affordable way to achieve this look.
ON REMODELISTA: Bedroom: Painted Wall as Headboard
Lumber Slumber7 of 11
While the wood paneling creates a focal point, a neutral color palate lends a minimal, Scandinavian appeal to this bedroom at the Fjäll Lodge in Australia.
ON REMODELISTA: Bedroom: Wood Wall as Headboard
Tree of Life8 of 11
This Miami Beach bedroom by Magdalena Keck Interior Design gains an organic appeal from the live-edge tree slabs, which form both a platform and a headboard.
Night & Gray9 of 11
While bold colors and prints may spark energy in the kitchen or living room, cool tones evoke a soothing effect in the bedroom. This gray headboard by Côté Bastide evokes the classic essence of French decor.
ON REMODELISTA: Bedroom: Silhouette Headboard Roundup
Dream Catcher10 of 11
Treat your bed to an unexpected accessory. Here, a textured ceiling-to-floor wall hanging adds an artistic note to this lightly hued bedroom.
ON REMODELISTA: Accessories: Macrame Wall Hangings by Sally England
Shelf Life11 of 11
Find unexpected uses from simple design. The beech wood Mandal Headboard from Ikea does double duty as a slatted horizontal backdrop for clip-on reading lights and bedside shelves.
SHOP NOW: Mandal Wall-Mounted Headboard, $149
NEXT ON GLO: 12 Spectacular Storage Options
- The 20 top celeb-inspired wedding hairdos
- TV Shows That Were Ahead of Their Time
- Bespoke clutches develop a cult-like following
- Fashion Tricks Everyone Should Master
- 12 Ways to Upgrade a Dorm Room
- How to End a Friendship With Class
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession