Fall's Best Fashion Trends in Your Home
- Next1 of 8Photo by Roger Davies
- Previous Next2 of 8Photo by Eric Piasecki
- Previous Next3 of 8Photo by Eric Boman
- Previous Next4 of 8Photo by Andrea Ferrari
- Previous Next5 of 8Photo by Simon Upton
- Previous Next6 of 8Photo by William Waldron
- Previous Next7 of 8Photo by Roger Davies
- Previous Next8 of 8Photo by Simon Upton
- Fall's Best Fashion Trends in Your HomeTips on Decorating with Flowers
- 10 Creative Wall Décor Ideas
- Amazing Red Rooms and Décor Ideas
- 9 Unexpected Products That Repel Bugs
- 10 Cheap & Chic Summer Decorating Trends
- 8 clever DIY ideas for your kitchen
- 12 Fun Facts to Kick Off Your Summer
- Instagram Feeds To Follow For Home Decor
- A+ Teacher's Gifts For Less Than $20
- 8 Ways To Make Over Your Windows
- Unbelievable One-of-a-Kind Bedrooms
- Most Stylish Football Decor
- The Most Unlikely Places to Shop for Home Decor
- The Best Anti-Aging Products For Your Home
- Unbelievable Bathroom Makeovers
- Outdoor Entertaining Essentials Under $75
- How to Protect Your Biggest Decor Investments
- Design Secrets For A Stress-Free Home
- Unforgettable Front Porches
The Fashionable Home1 of 8
By ELLE DECOR
Update any room by translating the top fall fashion trends to your home.
Metallics2 of 8
Over on ELLE.com, editors can't get enough of the glamorous, show-stopping metallics from the Fall 2013 runways. It works just as well at home, as seen in a dining room by Deborah Wecselman for ELLE DECOR's Miami Showhouse. Vintage gold letters with a modern Billy Cotton light fixture look even more arresting when paired with the extra sparkle from the silver chairs. "I love every single piece in this room, and I love the mix," says Wecselman.
ON ELLE DECOR: Five Rooms With One-of-a-Kind Walls
Plaid3 of 8
The Fall 2013 runways showcased classic, traditional plaid. Bring the look home with inspiration from the eat-in kitchen of decorator Muriel Brandolini's Manhattan apartment, where 1950s Italian plaid chairs hold their own against a bright backdrop. ELLE recommends updating the pattern with leather or metallics, and Brandolini's reclaimed stainless steel table does just that.
ON ELLE DECOR: Tour Courtney Cox’s Private Retreat
Deep Green4 of 8
HarpersBazaar.com names the "green movement" as an emerging trend this season, with designers like Michael Kors, Reed Krakoff, and Calvin Klein highlighting the color in their collections. Take a cue from the living room of Barnaba Fornasetti’s Milan villa where the shade is a brilliant backdrop for his collection of mirrors and vintage pieces.
ON ELLE DECOR: Inside Donna Karan’s Favorite Rooms
Black and White5 of 8
While the trusty, always-chic combo of black and white is a mainstay of the runways, the Fall 2013 shows had more of this classic pair than usual—think white blouses with long black skirts, colorblocking and black blooms on white gowns. On the home front, designers have continually reinvented the color combination by playing with textures, shades, and more. We're especially drawn to the bedroom in designer Todd Hase's country house, where he mixes the scale of the prints to make the pairing completely fresh.
Chic Cats6 of 8
One of the most unexpected — and unexpectedly stylish — fall fashion trends from Joe Zee's "All the Trends That Fit" is 2013's tribute to cats. While John Derian shows off the trend in his Manhattan kitchen with his stately cat, Skip, the framed vintage animal cutouts are a decidedly lower-maintenance choice.
ON ELLE DECOR: Tour The Manhattan Apartment Jennifer Aniston Chose
Gray7 of 8
Our fashionable friends at ELLE.com has zeroed in on gray as one of the most-coveted trends from the Fall 2013 runways. Bring it home by taking a hint from fashion designer Monique Lhuillier's Beverly Hills living room, decorated in shades of subtle, silvery gray. "It's very tonal, but I am really into textures—and we wanted an escape from color when we come home from the office."
Pastel Pink8 of 8
Designers have filled fall runways with sweet shades of powder pink and ELLE.com has named the color a top trend this season. Bring the look home with inspiration from Lisa Fine's Paris apartment- a space that includes dramatic pinks inspired by Indian and Persian miniatures. Here, the living room walls are painted in Pink Allure by Sanderson, and a deeper-toned rug balances the shade. "I couldn't bear not having color," Fine admits.
- How to Be Funny: 9 Essential Tips
- 9 Mistakes That Are Aging Your Hair
- New shopping service makes office-wear effortless
- How To Dress Like Your Favorite Cartoon
- 15 Most Unforgettable Celebrity Brows
- 9 Ways Your House Can Help You Stay Fit
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession