Happily Ever After with Ginnifer Goodwin
- Next1 of 12Photo: Hilary Walsh
- Previous Next2 of 12Photo: Hilary Walsh
- Previous Next3 of 12Photo: Hilary Walsh
- Previous Next4 of 12Photo: Hilary Walsh
- Previous Next5 of 12Photo: Hilary Walsh
- Previous Next6 of 12Photo: Hilary Walsh
- Previous Next7 of 12Photo: Hilary Walsh
- Previous Next8 of 12Courtesy of Lost and Found
- Previous Next9 of 12Courtesy of Fredericks & Mae
- Previous Next10 of 12Courtesy of 1stdibs.com
- Previous Next11 of 12Courtesy of Lolleyland
- Previous Next12 of 12Courtesy of Mariage Frères
- Happily Ever After with Ginnifer GoodwinMakeover Your Home in 30 minutes or Less
- Wedding DIYs That Are Actually Worth It
- The Most Embarrassing Wedding Fails Ever
- 10 Unexpected Colors For Home Exteriors
- 8 clever DIY ideas for your kitchen
- 12 Fun Facts to Kick Off Your Summer
- The Best Anti-Aging Products For Your Home
- A+ Teacher's Gifts For Less Than $20
- 8 Ways To Make Over Your Windows
- How to Protect Your Biggest Decor Investments
- Home Decor Tricks Every Woman Should Know
- Fresh (Not Frumpy) Floral Decor
- 10 Cheap & Chic Summer Decorating Trends
- Unbelievable Bathroom Makeovers
- Outdoor Entertaining Essentials Under $75
- Instagram Feeds To Follow For Home Decor
- Design Secrets For A Stress-Free Home
- Unforgettable Front Porches
- Design Ideas For Travel Lovers
Ginnifer at Home1 of 12
By Nora Zelevansky for Elle
It took six years and countless antiquing trips, but actress Ginnifer Goodwin, known for her delicate features, has finally perfected a fairy-tale-worthy L.A. lair. To make things go smoothly, she enlisted Amy Kehoe of design firm Nickey Kehoe (on the recommendation of HBO's Big Love costar and real-life best friend Jeanne Tripplehorn) to help her shop for antiques and other touches that would add a lived-in feel.
Ottoman Empire2 of 12
Despite the grandeur of the living room’s high ceilings and dramatic green drapes (which, after much debate, Kehoe and Goodwin exchanged for a darker, richer velvet and raised higher up to emphasize the room’s scale), the living and dining areas are cozy, unpretentious, and brightened by throw pillows embroidered with Tennessee and a giant mauve ottoman Kehoe designed to be a centerpiece “where we can set trays of food, but also put our feet up!” Goodwin says.
ON ELLE: The Best New Actresses On TV
Art, History3 of 12
“I’m a Shakespeare whore,” Goodwin jokes of her book collection.
A Quiet Place4 of 12
“This is my sacred space, my heaven, my oasis,” she adds. “I want, walking in, to feel like it’s the kind of place where people stop by unannounced and it’s hard to get them to leave.” It seems to be working. “When people come over, we make noble plans to walk to the movies or bum around Amoeba Music but end up sitting here, kibitzing all night.”
Gathering Spot5 of 12
Friends (clockwise from top) Dorian Howard (of Milk & Honey shoes) and Celine Khavarani stop by for a game of Monopoly.
ON ELLE: The 2013 Women in TV Power List
Perfectly Poised6 of 12
In what Goodwin calls the “salon” and the “ballroom”—her rooms go by bygone-era names, a wink to the actress’s Southern upbringing—two portrait galleries show off her great-aunt, a vaudeville performer of some renown, Nan Halperin.
Strike a Balance7 of 12
“Just like in fashion, it’s all about balance,” says Goodwin. “I pick one thing to feature. That’s translated to the house, like in the kitchen table’s bright yellow pop.”
Pillow Power8 of 12
Get a similar vibe from Goodwin's abode.
SHOP NOW: Maria La Rosa pillow, $185
Playing Games9 of 12
SHOP NOW: Fredericks & Mae wooden dominoes, $80
Bright Light10 of 12
“I love steam-punk fixtures,” she says.
SHOP NOW: Brass caged wall sconce, $900
Art Worthy11 of 12
“Wonderful and whimsical” art says Goodwin.
SHOP NOW: Kathleen Lolley’s owl art, Call for pricing
Tea Time12 of 12
SHOP NOW: Mariage Frères tea, $19
- 10 ways to wear fashion's most addictive trend
- Yoga Poses for Every Sign
- Throw a 1920s themed party this holiday season
- The Ultimate Modern-Day Dining Guide
- How to have a work "husband"
- Totally Inappropriate Vintage Holiday Cards
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession