19 things to see and celebrate this October
- Next1 of 20Maece Seirafi
- Previous Next2 of 20Antonio de Moraes Barros Filho/WireImage
- Previous Next3 of 20Courtesy of FSG Publicity
- Previous Next4 of 20Universal Pictures/Photofest
- Previous Next5 of 20Anna Della Russo: Imaxtree
- Previous Next6 of 20Keith Hamshere/Getty Images
- Previous Next7 of 20The Rumble 2012
- Previous Next8 of 20Kevin Lynch/Lifetime
- Previous Next9 of 20Courtesy of Uniqlo
- Previous Next10 of 20Courtesy of Polydor Records
- Previous Next11 of 20Courtesy of Guess
- Previous Next12 of 20DIMITAR DILKOFF/AFP/GettyImages
- Previous Next13 of 20Dayna Smith/for the Washington Post
- Previous Next14 of 20The Office: NBC/Photofest
- Previous Next15 of 20Nicholas Trikonis/Magnolia Pictures
- Previous Next16 of 20Courtesy of Toys R Us
- Previous Next17 of 20Twitter/@wbpictures
- Previous Next18 of 20Monster-in-Law: New Line Cinema/Photofest
- Previous Next19 of 20Larry W. Smith-Pool/Getty Images
- Previous Next20 of 20Robyn Lee
- 19 things to see and celebrate this OctoberMakeover Your Home in 30 minutes or Less
- Wedding DIYs That Are Actually Worth It
- The Most Embarrassing Wedding Fails Ever
- 10 Unexpected Colors For Home Exteriors
- 8 clever DIY ideas for your kitchen
- 12 Fun Facts to Kick Off Your Summer
- The Best Anti-Aging Products For Your Home
- A+ Teacher's Gifts For Less Than $20
- 8 Ways To Make Over Your Windows
- How to Protect Your Biggest Decor Investments
- Home Decor Tricks Every Woman Should Know
- Fresh (Not Frumpy) Floral Decor
- 10 Cheap & Chic Summer Decorating Trends
- Unbelievable Bathroom Makeovers
- Outdoor Entertaining Essentials Under $75
- Instagram Feeds To Follow For Home Decor
- Design Secrets For A Stress-Free Home
- Unforgettable Front Porches
- Design Ideas For Travel Lovers
Happiness List1 of 20
October has arrived, which means colorful leaves and candy out the wazoo. Of course, there's a lot more to look forward to than foliage and Halloween, though. Find out what to see, do and celebrate with Glo's guide to making the most of your month.
Rate This Collection2 of 20
Say au revoir to the Y in YSL. The brand's spring/summer 2013 show marks the debut of Saint Laurent Paris from new head designer Hedi Slimane. (Slimane has officially dropped the Yves from the brand.) Fashion insiders are waiting to see what the new name means for the iconic label.
Read This Book3 of 20
Humorist Ian Frazier, a staff writer at The New Yorker, has penned his hilarious first novel, The Cursing Mommy’s Book of Days. Written as a daily journal of sorts, the book recounts the frustrations of a foul-mouthed housewife, who offers up domestic advice that would make Martha Stewart cringe.
Rediscover E.T.4 of 20
Everybody's favorite alien is back, but not for long. To mark the 30th anniversary of E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial, the classic film returns to theaters for one night only. Find a showing in your area.
Shop Her Baubles5 of 20
When we first wrote about Anne Della Russo’s fabulously extravagant new line of shoes, purses, hats and jewelry for H&M, it was only available as a lookbook. But starting today, you can finally check out the accessories in stores.
Raise a Glass to 0076 of 20
Have a martini in honor of the dashing spy, who celebrates 50 years on the big screen with Global James Bond Day. (See Glo's round-up of the most iconic Bond-girl looks.) Another perk of the unofficial holiday? Everything or Nothing: The Untold Story of 007, a new documentary, will be available through Epix.
Talk Politics7 of 20
Jon Stewart and Bill O'Reilly are squaring off in a 90-minute pay-per-view debate dubbed "The Rumble in the Air-Conditioned Auditorium." Modeled after a presidential debate, the meeting will entail 60 minutes of back-and-forth, then 30 minutes of audience questions. Who will be declared the winner?
Have a Good Cry8 of 20
Grab a box of tissues—you're going to need it for the TV adaptation of tearjerker Steel Magnolias, premiering at 9 p.m. on Lifetime. The new cast includes Alfre Woodard, Jill Scott, Phylicia Rashad and Queen Latifah, in the role played by Sally Field.
Find Your Style9 of 20
Just in time for autumn, the latest collaboration between Orla Kiely and Uniqlo is set to arrive this month. If you like your clothes comfortable with a hint of whimsy, then you're in luck.
Listen to This10 of 20
A year after her song "Lights" became a hit stateside, Brit songstress Ellie Goulding releases her second album, titled Halcyon. (Watch the album trailer here.) We're predicting airy electro-pop tracks to accompany her whispery kittenish voice.
Keep Guess'ing11 of 20
Tiësto, named World's No. 1 DJ three consecutive times by DJ Magazine, is partnering with Guess for a capsule collection. The 22-piece line will include graphic tees, skinny jeans and zipper-detailed moto jackets.
Support Equality12 of 20
We're waving our rainbow flag in honor of National Coming Out Day, which was created to promote self-acceptance within the LGBT community. Click here to find out how you can get involved in the cause.
Think Pink13 of 20
Be Nice to the Boss14 of 20
Put any 9-to-5 tensions aside and do something nice for the big cheese for National Boss Day. Wondering when the rest of us get our due? On March 2, National Employee Appreciation Day.
Check Out This Flick15 of 20
Everyone’s favorite Girl(s) is back. Lena Dunham, along with Ry Russo-Young, has co-written Nobody Walks (watch the trailer here). Starring Olivia Thirlby, the film is about a New York artist who moves into a Los Angeles beach house. That The Office's John Krasinski plays her love interest just gives us that much more reason to go see the indie flick.
Play & Learn16 of 20
Pre-orders for the Toys 'R' Us tablet are already sold out, which means you'll have to line up at the store today when the kid-friendly learning Android hits shelves.
See This Book17 of 20
Haven't had a chance to tackle the 528-page epic tome from writer David Mitchell? You can check out the movie version of Cloud Atlas, opening in theaters today.
Call Your Mom-in-Law18 of 20
Sure, you have your issues with her the other 364 days of the year. But on Mother-in-Law Day (the fourth Sunday in October), it's your chance to make nice by being the doting daughter-in-law.
Watch Some Hoops19 of 20
The NBA season will begin with defending NBA champion the Miami Heat taking on the Boston Celtics. With Stan Van Gundy's controversial exit and the Lakers' four-team trade sweep (what? we like basketball), the season's already got us jumping out of our seats—just wait until it officially begins.
Say Boo!20 of 20
Happy Halloween! No matter how you feel about the holiday, you can't deny that you're at least a little bit excited about these limited-edition Candy Corn Oreos. Forget how they taste—the idea of them is too much fun to resist.
- The 20 top celeb-inspired wedding hairdos
- TV Shows That Were Ahead of Their Time
- Bespoke clutches develop a cult-like following
- Fashion Tricks Everyone Should Master
- 12 Ways to Upgrade a Dorm Room
- How to End a Friendship With Class
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession