Home Sweet Home Flashback
- Next1 of 9Courtesy of Pottery Barn
- Previous Next2 of 9Courtesy of Home Depot
- Previous Next3 of 9Courtesy of Urban Outfitters
- Previous Next4 of 9Courtesy of Bloomingdales
- Previous Next5 of 9Courtesy of Anthropology
- Previous Next6 of 9Courtesy of Chiasso
- Previous Next7 of 9Courtesy of Jonathan Adler
- Previous Next8 of 9Courtesy of Bed Bath & Beyond
- Previous Next9 of 9Courtesy of Gorilla PlaySets
- Home Sweet Home FlashbackMakeover Your Home in 30 minutes or Less
- Wedding DIYs That Are Actually Worth It
- The Most Embarrassing Wedding Fails Ever
- 10 Unexpected Colors For Home Exteriors
- 8 clever DIY ideas for your kitchen
- 12 Fun Facts to Kick Off Your Summer
- The Best Anti-Aging Products For Your Home
- A+ Teacher's Gifts For Less Than $20
- 8 Ways To Make Over Your Windows
- How to Protect Your Biggest Decor Investments
- Home Decor Tricks Every Woman Should Know
- Fresh (Not Frumpy) Floral Decor
- 10 Cheap & Chic Summer Decorating Trends
- Unbelievable Bathroom Makeovers
- Outdoor Entertaining Essentials Under $75
- Instagram Feeds To Follow For Home Decor
- Design Secrets For A Stress-Free Home
- Unforgettable Front Porches
- Design Ideas For Travel Lovers
Quilted Comfort1 of 9
Remember the tire swing your dad built in the front yard or the cute dish towels you used to dry the dishes as a child? These and other retro-inspired accessories are making a comeback — with bold colors and modern finishes that will add some soul to your space. Case in point: this patchwork quilt with geometric circles.
SHOP NOW: Pottery Barn’s Patchwork Rings bedding from $69
Show The Door2 of 9
A Southern staple, screen doors are no longer just the cause of that loud smack sound after walking into grandma's house. They can offer an ornate addition to any entryway, plus a steady breeze.
SHOP NOW: Screen Tight 32 In. Charlestown Solid Vinyl Screen Door, $138
Susie Homemaker3 of 9
Whether you slaved all day baking in the kitchen or you ran out to Sprinkles, display sweet treats in this glass cake pedestal. And if Crocker isn’t your last name, use this display to store your jewelry.
SHOP NOW: Urban Outfitters Cupcake Pedestal Vanity Stand, $18
Magnetic Appeal4 of 9
Mom always posted art projects, grocery lists and your report card on the refrigerator door with kitschy magnets like the one from that 1987 trip to Hawaii. Well, magnets are back — but in a chicer state, as displayed by these elegant glass accents.
SHOP NOW: Fringe “Mandarin” Magnets at Bloomingdales, $25
Cookie Monster5 of 9
We love this antique-inspired cookie jar as an addition to any kitchen. And, as a grown-up, you no longer need to sneak that Oreo when mom isn't looking.
SHOP NOW: Anthropologie Provencal Cookie Jar, $28
Not On My Clean Floors6 of 9
Wiping your feet off before stepping into your aunt and uncle's home was always a must. Now, there are doormats with punch, like this “ding dong” mat that adds an artistic touch to your doorstep.
SHOP NOW: Ding Dong Doormat at Chiasso, $38
A Chore No More7 of 9
Doing the dishes as a child meant handling a slightly soggy dish towel in the assembly line of wash, rinse, dry and put away. Now, even with dishwashers abound, tea towels are more popular than ever with updated mod designs.
SHOP NOW: Jonathan Adler Tea Towels, $12 each
Familiar Fragrance8 of 9
Put the plug-ins away. Trade them for a bowl of potpourri — available now in multiple blends of dried fruit, flowers and other plants.
SHOP NOW: Yankee Candle Potpourri at Bed Bath and Beyond, $12.99 each
Higher, Higher9 of 9
Just because you’re all grown up, doesn’t mean you can’t hold on to some of your childhood fancy. This tire swing is a whimsical addition to a front yard and reminds us of the times without an 8-hour work day and the busted radiator.
SHOP NOW: Gorilla PlaySets Freestanding Tire Swing, $549