10 Cheap & Chic Summer Decorating Trends
- Next1 of 11Courtesy of Fredericks and Mae
- Previous Next2 of 11Courtesy of Cold Picnic
- Previous Next3 of 11Courtesy of Haoshi
- Previous Next4 of 11Courtesy of Bend Goods
- Previous Next5 of 11Courtesy of Grow House Grow
- Previous Next6 of 11Courtesy of bludot.com
- Previous Next7 of 11Courtesy of Anthropologie
- Previous Next8 of 11Courtesy of Standard Socket
- Previous Next9 of 11Glo
- Previous Next10 of 11Courtesy of Urban Outfitters
- Previous Next11 of 11Courtesy of Fredericks and Mae
- 10 Cheap & Chic Summer Decorating TrendsMakeover Your Home in 30 minutes or Less
- Wedding DIYs That Are Actually Worth It
- The Most Embarrassing Wedding Fails Ever
- 10 Unexpected Colors For Home Exteriors
- 12 Fun Facts to Kick Off Your Summer
- The Best Anti-Aging Products For Your Home
- Unbelievable Bathroom Makeovers
- 8 Ways To Make Over Your Windows
- How to Protect Your Biggest Decor Investments
- Design Secrets For A Stress-Free Home
- Home Decor Tricks Every Woman Should Know
- Fresh (Not Frumpy) Floral Decor
- 8 clever DIY ideas for your kitchen
- Outdoor Entertaining Essentials Under $75
- Instagram Feeds To Follow For Home Decor
- A+ Teacher's Gifts For Less Than $20
- Unforgettable Front Porches
- Design Ideas For Travel Lovers
- Throw A Cinco De Mayo Fiesta On Budget
Haute in Here1 of 11
By Rebecca Thienes
Summer is the perfect time to brighten up your home with a little fun and personality. From bold-hued chairs to color-blocked plant hangers and artful shibori, steal inspiration from these 10 must-have home decor trends, perfect for the sunny days ahead.
Tie One On2 of 11
Rope, an all-time summer favorite, gets a cool, updated look via fashion-forward color blocking on an elegant hanging planter. This hand-coiled cotton rope has a synthetic core for added strength, and the colorful loop makes for easy hanging.
SHOP NOW: Color-block plant hangers, $66, coldpicnic.com
Fine Feathers3 of 11
Looks like bird-inspired home decor is here to stay. We love this accent light in the form of a peaceful dove. The resin and powder-coated aluminum fixture makes a statement while providing a pleasant glow.
SHOP NOW: Haoshi Dove light, $130, haoshi.com
Basket Case4 of 11
Crafted from sturdy iron wire, industrial-inspired baskets get a colorful upgrade. Stash blankets, magazines, toys and more in this roomy option, sized a generous 22 inches wide.
SHOP NOW: Bend basket, $250, shop.bendgoods.com
Black Beauty5 of 11
Who says wallpaper has to be sweet and flowery? Grow House Grow takes a dark turn with a design inspired by sister cities La Paz, Bolivia and Stockholm, Sweden. Clean graphic angles shaped like little mountains jump off the moody midnight background.
SHOP NOW: Wallpaper, $180 per roll, growhousegrow.com
Raise the Bar6 of 11
These chic bar stools are light and airy thanks to their powder-coated steel mesh construction in bold hues. The best part: They work both indoors and out.
SHOP NOW: Mesh barstool, $179, bludot.com
Fluff Piece7 of 11
The handicraft movement takes to walls with these tapestries from Anthropologie. Inspired by Boucherouite rugs and 1970s crafts, this 8-inch square piece was hand-knotted with remnants of cotton, wool, alpaca, and acrylic and comes with hanging hardware.
SHOP NOW: Caravaca wall tapestry in blue or orange, $228, anthropologie.com
Lighten Up8 of 11
Keep it simple this season with barely there light fixtures. This clean, brushed brass ring appears to be floating, but a white reflector connects it to the bulb socket, creating a subtle optical illusion.
SHOP NOW: Ladies & Gentlemen Studio for Standard Socket Spun sconce, $375, standardsocket.com
Perfect Timing9 of 11
Ditch an ugly old wall calendar for this throw-back, reminiscent of an old counting frame. Made of elegant porcelain, maple, and brass, the contemplative accessory allows you to keep track of the month and date by simply sliding the beads.
SHOP NOW: Fruitsuper perpetual calendar, $120, fruitsuperdesign.com
To Dye For10 of 11
Hippie prints get a sophisticated makeover with designs inspired by the ancient Japanese art of shibori. This boho-chic headboard is upholstered in tie-dye cotton and sits atop turned mango wood legs.
SHOP NOW: Urban Outfitters shibori headboard, $429, urbanoutfitters.com
Fringe Benefits11 of 11
Trendy tassels, originally devised as talismans, add a playful pop of color to light fixtures, fan pulls or doorknob accents.
SHOP NOW: Technicolor tassel, $40, fredericksandmae.myshopify.com
ARE WE FRIENDS YET? Like Glo on Facebook
- 7 Ways to Grow Out Your Bangs Gracefully
- Virgo's Personalized Astrological Guide
- Doh! The MAC x The Simpsons collection is finally
- The Ultimate Guide to Granny Chic
- Esquire: 14 Books Every Man Should Read
- 10 Style Rebels Who Changed Fashion
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession