- Next1 of 8Courtesy of Norton
- Previous Next2 of 8Courtesy of Collins Design
- Previous Next3 of 8Courtesy of Collins Design
- Previous Next4 of 8Courtesy of Toshi Ando
- Previous Next5 of 8Courtesy of Collins Design
- Previous Next6 of 8Courtesy of Collins Design
- Previous Next7 of 8Photo Courtesy of Collins Design
- Previous Next8 of 8Photo Courtesy of Norton
- dream houseMakeover Your Home in 30 minutes or Less
- Wedding DIYs That Are Actually Worth It
- The Most Embarrassing Wedding Fails Ever
- 10 Unexpected Colors For Home Exteriors
- 8 clever DIY ideas for your kitchen
- 12 Fun Facts to Kick Off Your Summer
- The Best Anti-Aging Products For Your Home
- A+ Teacher's Gifts For Less Than $20
- 8 Ways To Make Over Your Windows
- How to Protect Your Biggest Decor Investments
- Home Decor Tricks Every Woman Should Know
- Fresh (Not Frumpy) Floral Decor
- 10 Cheap & Chic Summer Decorating Trends
- Unbelievable Bathroom Makeovers
- Outdoor Entertaining Essentials Under $75
- Instagram Feeds To Follow For Home Decor
- Design Secrets For A Stress-Free Home
- Unforgettable Front Porches
- Design Ideas For Travel Lovers
7 Houses That Make You Lose Weight1 of 8
By Anne Collins for PointClickHome
What if the house itself was your Stairmaster? Or if you had to climb a ladder to get to the kitchen? These houses were designed to be fat-free — to make you move even if it means strapping on skis to get there.
7 Houses That Make You Lose Weight2 of 8
This home's circular layout means taking a shortcut isn't an option, unless you hook up a rope and rappel from floor to floor. Every way is the long way so you work it coming and going.
7 Houses That Make You Lose Weight3 of 8
If you're invited to this home for dinner, make sure to wear comfortable shoes. You'll have to climb up a tree to their leafy dining room.
7 Houses That Make You Lose Weight4 of 8
Open the front door and behold: an obstacle course of uneven floors, sloping walls and ladders. You've got to climb some rungs to get to the bathroom or bedroom. This Tokyo loft is built to challenge the body and mind — and keep you on your toes.
7 Houses That Make You Lose Weight5 of 8
Getting to this house on San Juan Island, Washington, is literally quite a hike. But if that doesn't tire you out, try mountain biking through the 42 acres of mountainous terrain.
7 Houses That Make You Lose Weight6 of 8
A maze of walkways connects the many buildings in this rugged Adirondack-style home in northern Connecticut, which is exactly what the owners wanted. If you're going to be a couch potato, you've at least got to work to get there.
7 Houses That Make You Lose Weight7 of 8
Tucked in the trees of Hyogo, Japan, this 3000-square-foot house is traversed via a thigh-burning staircase that winds here, there and everywhere.
RELATED ON POINTCLICKHOME: Fanciful Staircase Designs
7 Houses That Make You Lose Weight8 of 8
Talk about extreme living. To get to this home in Stol Mountain Ridge, Slovenia, you've got to do some pretty fierce ice climbing. The good news is that you'll burn off your lunch.