10 Quick Changes To A Better Bedroom
- Next1 of 11Courtesy of The Company Store
- Previous Next2 of 11Photo by Michael Moran
- Previous Next3 of 11Photo by Katie Newburn
- Previous Next4 of 11Courtesy of AllModern
- Previous Next5 of 11Courtesy of The Company Store
- Previous Next6 of 11Courtesy of Target
- Previous Next7 of 11Courtesy of Another Country
- Previous Next8 of 11Courtesy of Warm Things
- Previous Next9 of 11Photo by Scott Frances; Courtesy of OTTO
- Previous Next10 of 11Courtesy of Le Feu de L'eau
- Previous Next11 of 11Courtesy of Kindred Crossings Farm
- 10 Quick Changes To A Better BedroomThe Coolest Office Space in NYC?
- 8 Items for Your Holiday Wish List
- 13 Scary Halloween Finds for Grownups
- The 20 Best Halloween Pet Costumes
- 10 Cheap & Chic Summer Decorating Trends
- 8 clever DIY ideas for your kitchen
- 12 Fun Facts to Kick Off Your Summer
- Instagram Feeds To Follow For Home Decor
- A+ Teacher's Gifts For Less Than $20
- 8 Ways To Make Over Your Windows
- Fall's Best Fashion Trends in Your Home
- 9 Celebrities To Follow On Pinterest
- 7 Creative Pumpkin-Carving Ideas
- The Best Anti-Aging Products For Your Home
- Unbelievable Bathroom Makeovers
- Outdoor Entertaining Essentials Under $75
- How to Protect Your Biggest Decor Investments
- Design Secrets For A Stress-Free Home
- Unforgettable Front Porches
Sleep Tight!1 of 11
By Stacey Lindsey for Remodelista
Is your bedroom a sanctuary where you go to unwind, relax and sleep soundly? If not, follow these ten quick tips for creating the ultimate haven.
Light Bright2 of 11
Place your bed close to windows like this room by Specht Harpman. Natural morning light will help wake you up peacefully rather than abruptly, as with a loud alarm clock.
ON REMODELISTA: Bedrooms Perfected By Designers & Architects
Power Plants3 of 11
Add a small vase of cut flowers or greens to bring a touch of calming nature into the bedroom.
ON GARDENISTA: Houseplants in the Bedroom, Teen Edition
Must Dew4 of 11
Winter air can leave you feeling dry all over. Consider a sleek humidifier (or place a pot filled with water on a radiator) to add moisture to your room.
SHOP NOW: Il Cocio Vapor Factory humidifier, $69, allmodern.com
ON REMODELISTA: Who Knew Humidifiers Could Be So Chic?
Between the Sheets5 of 11
Quality sheets make for quality sleep. Invest in a set that wears well and stays cool like Egyptian cotton or natural linen.
SHOP NOW: Comfort wash solid linen bedding, $36, remodelista.com
ON REMODELISTA: Editor's Pick: The Best White Sheets
Top Notch6 of 11
If your mattress is too hard, add a featherbed topper to provide an extra layer of comfort.
SHOP NOW: Down-On-Top featherbed, starting at $135, remodelista.com
ON REMODELISTA: The Secret to a Great Bed
Neat Suite7 of 11
A well-organized bedroom can help induce a sense of calm. Here, this bedroom set by Another Country offers ample storage and a clean, uncluttered design.
ON REMODELISTA: A Matching Set for the Well-Rested
Pillow Talk8 of 11
A plush pillow makes your bed all the more inviting.
SHOP NOW: Goose Down Pillows; starting at $40, gardenista.com
ON GARDENISTA: 7 Secrets for the Ultimate Night's Sleep
Color Therapy9 of 11
Keep your color palette limited and subtle. This bedroom by Steven Harris Architects uses calming gray and white with just a pop of yellow.
ON REMODELISTA: 10 Tips for a Better Night's Rest
Scent Sense10 of 11
When choosing a candle for the bedroom, look for one made from soy, like this Le Feu de L'eau find. It will burn cleaner and slower than paraffin wax.
SHOP NOW: Soy candle, $60, remodelista.com
ON REMODELISTA: The Chanel of Candles
Warming Trend11 of 11
Don't get left in the cold—add a warm and cozy touch to your bedroom with a wool blanket.
SHOP NOW: Wool blanket; $200, kindredcrossingfarm.com
ON REMODELISTA: The 10 Blankets for Happiness