Hump Day Happy Hour
A Drink to Celebrate Tax DayBy Julie Fishman
With taxes due soon, you're probably stressed, scrambling and so in need of a drink … or chocolate … or both. This week's just-for-Glo cocktail is a female fantasy that combines alcohol and Godiva.
Created for Glo by bartender Eryn Reece, “Sweet Returns” features Godiva Chocolate Vodka and makes us wonder why all alcohol doesn't have chocolate and all chocolate doesn't have alcohol. With hints of clove, cinnamon and nutmeg, this tipple is tasty enough to rid your mind of W2's and 1099's.
No one likes Uncle Sam reaching into their pocket, but with prison as the alternative, the best bet is to file and hope for "sweet returns".
1 ½ oz Godiva Chocolate Infused Vodka
½ bar spoon Allspice Dram
¼ oz Ginger liqueur
Orange zest for garnish
Directions: Add Godiva Chocolate Infused Vodka, ginger liqueur and Allspice Dram to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake well and strain into a flute. Top with sparkling wine and garnish with orange zest.
Eryn Reece is a bartender in New York City.
Ginger and orange zest make this drink oh-so refreshing.Courtesy of Godiva
- Leo's annual astrological guide
- 9 Style Staples Every 30-Year-Old Should Own
- Christian Louboutin for your nails
- 11 Affordable Ways To Decorate A Blank Wall
- How To Look Like Jenny McCarthy In Your 40s
- 10 Shocking Stories About Returning Clothes
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession