Hump Day Happy Hour
Raise a Glass for Gay and Lesbian Pride MonthBy Julie Fishman
Back in 2000, President Bill Clinton waved the rainbow flag and declared June to be Gay and Lesbian Pride Month. Later, Obama amended the occasion, making it Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Pride Month.
This month, cities across the country host parties and parades celebrating acceptance and tolerance and commemorating New York City's Stonewall riots, an event many consider the beginning of the modern gay rights movement.
So this week's cocktail, "The Hit Parade," is the perfect post-march drink. Get your float on, and then toast to ending discrimination and embracing diversity.
"The Hit Parade"
2 oz Kubler Absinthe
1 oz fresh squeezed lime juice
¾ oz simple syrup
2 dashes of Fee Brother's Orange Bitters
Shake with cracked ice. Strain and pour straight up in a coupe glass.
"The Hit Parade" was created by Chef David Myers and beverage consultant Sam Ross of Comme Ça in Los Angeles and Las Vegas.
Flying the rainbow flagEd Freeman/Getty Images
- How to look effortlessly hot at the gym
- The 14 Best Couples' Halloween Costumes
- The only way to celebrate National Cat Day
- The Best Guest Beds Under $999
- 8 Bargain Shopping Tricks You've Never Tried
- The 22 Most Bizarre Names For Wall Paints
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession