Hump Day Happy Hour
Run Wild With This Spanish BrewBy Julie Fishman
As the saying goes, "Mess with a bull and you may get the horns," but that doesn't stop over a million people from flocking to Pamplona, Spain, each year for this week's Running of the Bulls, a popular event during the seven-day San Fermin Festival.
Party like a Pamplonan— without being chased by a 2,000-pound bull— thanks to this week's "Ponche de Cava," a sparkling sangria perfect for any Spanish soiree. With all the spirit and spice of San Fermin, this muy bueno brew may cause a stampede to the punch bowl. Olé!
"Ponche de Cava"
Ingredients (serves 4-6)
1 whole orange peel spiral
1 lime wheel
6 green grapes
2 sprigs of verbena plant
6 yellow raspberries
1.5 oz. Hennessey VSOP
1.5 oz. Cointreau
1.5 oz. Tanqueray
3 oz. simple syrup
1 big chunk of ice, plus more for glasses
Bottle of Cava Brut Nature
Add all ingredients in carafe or punch bowl. Stir well and top with cava. Serve immediately in ice-filled stemless white wine glasses.
This strong cocktail will bring out the bull in you.CORDON PRESS/bauergriffinonline.com
- How to look effortlessly hot at the gym
- The 14 Best Couples' Halloween Costumes
- The only way to celebrate National Cat Day
- The Best Guest Beds Under $999
- 8 Bargain Shopping Tricks You've Never Tried
- The 22 Most Bizarre Names For Wall Paints
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession