Hump Day Happy Hour
Shout "Viva La France!" On Bastille DayBy Julie Fishman
Hopefully you saved your decorations from the Fourth—and have a beret on hand—because tomorrow is Bastille Day, France's own red, white and blue holiday. Feasts, fireworks and parades commemorate the storming of the Bastille, a Parisian prison, and the start of the French Revolution.
While the French march down the Champs Elysees and watch the sky light up over the Eiffel Tower, you can enjoy your own Franco-fest. Cover your walls in French travel posters, whip up some cheese fondue and shout, "Viva La France!" as many times as your neighbors will allow.
When you need a break, refresh with Babe Scott's "Bastille Day Ice Breaker." Featuring cognac from Central France and licorice-flavored pastis from Southern France, this cocktail is meant to be sipped, savored and shared among Francophile friends.
"Bastille Day Ice-Breaker"
3/4 oz. Cognac
3/4 oz. apple brandy
3/4 oz. light rum
1/4 oz. pastis ice
Add all liquors and ice to a cocktail shaker, shake and strain into a cocktail glass.
Toast with this liberating and sweet concoction.LOIC VENANCE/AFP/Getty Images
- Leo's annual astrological guide
- 9 Style Staples Every 30-Year-Old Should Own
- Christian Louboutin for your nails
- 11 Affordable Ways To Decorate A Blank Wall
- How To Look Like Jenny McCarthy In Your 40s
- 10 Shocking Stories About Returning Clothes
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession