Hump Day Happy Hour
A Southern Comfort Cocktail for The HelpBy Julie Fishman
Well butter my biscuit, y'all: The Help, based on the bestselling novel and set in 1960s Mississippi, hits theaters today and is likely to be one of the best films of the summer.
As any Dixie Belle worth her grits will tell you, nothing's more Southern than sweet tea. Now available in stores, alcoholic sweet tea is guaranteed to get your drawl rolling.
We asked the folks at Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen to create a cocktail featuring the down-home libation. How sweet it is!
"Southern Peach Sweet Tea Cocktail"
1.5 oz. Jeremiah Weed Sweet Tea Vodka
0.5 oz. Dekuyper Peachtree Schnapps
To fill Lemonade
Place Sweet Tea Vodka and Schnapps into a shaker filled with ice and shake until blended. Fill a highball glass with ice and pour blend into glass. Top off with lemonade and garnish with lemon wedge.
- Shaffer/Smith Motion & Still LLC
- How to Be Funny: 9 Essential Tips
- 9 Mistakes That Are Aging Your Hair
- New shopping service makes office-wear effortless
- How To Dress Like Your Favorite Cartoon
- 15 Most Unforgettable Celebrity Brows
- 9 Ways Your House Can Help You Stay Fit
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession