Hump Day Happy Hour
Whip Up A Creepy Concoction For HalloweenBy Julie Fishman
Candy corn, M&M's, Tootsie Rolls and more: The most haunting part of Halloween can be the attack of the empty calories. For a break from the sweet stuff, try this week's low-cal cocktails, created by the bartenders with Dan Aykroyd's Crystal Head Vodka.
An otherworldly taste and killer bottle—which doubles as seasonal decor—make Crystal Head the spirit of choice for the month of October. Once you're done with the pumpkins, carve out some alone time for this week's creepy potions: "Devil's Nectar" and "Berry Bloody."
1 1/2 oz. Crystal Head Vodka
1/2 oz. pomegranate juice
1/2 oz. agave nectar
1/2 oz. fresh lemon juice
Peel from an orange slice
Combine ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake and strain into a martini glass. Rub the orange peel around the rim and drop on top.
1 oz. Crystal Head Vodka
3 sprigs fresh tarragon
1 oz. lavender simple syrup
1 1/2 oz. cranberry juice
1 lime wedge
Muddle fresh cranberries, lime wedge, two tarragon sprigs and lavender simple syrup in a shaker. Fill the shaker half full with ice. Add vodka and cranberry juice, and shake. Pour contents into Collins glass, and top glass with ice. Garnish with last tarragon sprig.
- Courtesy of Crystal Head Vodka
- The ultimate guide to freckled skin
- Decor inspiration from your favorite TV shows
- The only way to celebrate National Cat Day
- Never Say These Things About Your Ex
- Glo Challenge: Beauty Blogger Makeunder
- What men really think of 10 fall trends
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession