Hump Day Happy Hour
Get Into The Holiday Spirit With A Gingerbread Cookie CocktailBy Julie Fishman
Gingerbread is a sweet and spicy treat that's as much a part of the holiday season as the scent of pine and the flavor of candy canes. While the kiddies construct a frosting-adorned gingerbread house, have a little fun of your own with this week's cocktail.
“Tough Cookie,” created by PS 7's Gina Chersevani, uses the flavors of cinnamon, clove, vanilla (by way of Velvet Falernum syrup), and a touch of citrus to create a sweet but full-bodied beverage. Perfect for any seasonal party, this delish drink is guaranteed to evoke some nostalgic holiday cheer.
2 oz. El Dorado 12 Years Rum
1 oz. Velvet Falernum syrup
1 oz. freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 lemon peel
Combine all ingredients over rocks and stir until chilled. Strain into a glass and garnish with lemon peel over the top.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this seasonal cocktail.David Hannah/Getty Images
- How to train your brain to be more optimistic
- The nail-polish color for your zodiac sign
- New fragrance helps you smell like Pharrell
- 10 everyday objects turned into art
- Best Celebrity Bangs in History
- 13 things women do better than men
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession