Oscar Movies Designed to Inspire at Home
- Next1 of 20Universal Pictures
- Previous Next2 of 20Dreamworks
- Previous Next3 of 20Courtesy of Pottery Barn
- Previous Next4 of 20Courtesy of Graham & Brown
- Previous Next5 of 20Courtesy of Ethan Allen
- Previous Next6 of 20Courtesy of Neiman Marcus
- Previous Next7 of 20The Weinstein Company
- Previous Next8 of 20Courtesy of Pottery Barn
- Previous Next9 of 20Courtesy of Restoration Hardware
- Previous Next10 of 20Courtesy of Neiman Marcus
- Previous Next11 of 20Courtesy of Ralph Lauren Home
- Previous Next12 of 20Glo
- Previous Next13 of 20Courtesy of Jonathan Adler
- Previous Next14 of 20Courtesy of West Elm
- Previous Next15 of 20Courtesy of Horchow
- Previous Next16 of 20Courtesy of Jayson Home
- Previous Next17 of 20Warner Bros.
- Previous Next18 of 20Courtesy of Crate & Barrel
- Previous Next19 of 20Courtesy of Design Within Reach
- Previous Next20 of 20Courtesy of Bed, Bath & Beyond
- Oscar Movies Designed to Inspire at HomeMakeover Your Home in 30 minutes or Less
- Wedding DIYs That Are Actually Worth It
- The Most Embarrassing Wedding Fails Ever
- 10 Unexpected Colors For Home Exteriors
- 8 clever DIY ideas for your kitchen
- 12 Fun Facts to Kick Off Your Summer
- The Best Anti-Aging Products For Your Home
- A+ Teacher's Gifts For Less Than $20
- 8 Ways To Make Over Your Windows
- How to Protect Your Biggest Decor Investments
- Home Decor Tricks Every Woman Should Know
- Fresh (Not Frumpy) Floral Decor
- 10 Cheap & Chic Summer Decorating Trends
- Unbelievable Bathroom Makeovers
- Outdoor Entertaining Essentials Under $75
- Instagram Feeds To Follow For Home Decor
- Design Secrets For A Stress-Free Home
- Unforgettable Front Porches
- Design Ideas For Travel Lovers
Home Movies1 of 20
By Emily Bibb for POPSUGAR
Inspired by the set design of the 2013 Oscar contenders, we rounded up furniture and accessories that represent some of the best movie nominees. See what we loved about films like Les Misérables and Lincoln and see how you can get a similar look in your own home.
Lincoln2 of 20
This gripping film—set with stately antiques and a palette of deep colors—dramatizes President Abraham Lincoln's journey to pass the Thirteenth Amendment to the Constitution, which completed abolition of slavery in the United States.
Contained Chaos3 of 20
The kitchen scenes were filled with clay and cork jugs—perfect for a country-chic kitchen.
SHOP NOW: Pottery Barn canisters, $29-$39
Artistic Walls4 of 20
Inspired by the extravagant and textured wallpaper seen throughout the film, this wallpaper will make any room dramatic.
SHOP NOW: Graham & Brown wallpaper, $85 per roll
On POPSUGAR: The 15 Best Online Sources For Affordable Art
Designed to Dine5 of 20
This table is traditional with a modern twist. It is stately and large and has a similar feel to the one Lincoln and his team discussed the nation's future across.
SHOP NOW: Ethan Allen trestle table, $1,799
On POPSUGAR: Peek Inside Last Year's Most Covetable Homes
Stay Grounded6 of 20
Antique textiles and rugs warm up grand-scale rooms.
SHOP NOW: Neiman Marcus Javed rug, $319-$2,229
Django Unchained7 of 20
In Quentin Tarentino's latest film, a slave turned bounty hunter sets out to rescue his wife from a wicked Mississippi plantation owner. The wild spirit of Django Unchained is captured with country-and-western-meets-Southern-gentleman accents.
To the Point8 of 20
Nothing says "outlaw" like a faux antler chandelier.
SHOP NOW: Pottery Barn antler chandelier, $999
Stately Seat9 of 20
Oversize and stately, this leather chair has a rustic saloon vibe.
SHOP NOW: Restoration Hardware Easton chair, $2,895-3,185
Textured Treats10 of 20
Get the colors and textures of the character's costumes with these tweed-and-burlap equestrian accent pillows.
SHOP NOW: Neiman Marcus pillows, $135-$145
Cattle Call11 of 20
Bring the barnyard into your living room with this hair calf rug.
SHOP NOW: Ralph Lauren Home Douglas Haircalf Rug, $4,350
Les Misérables12 of 20
The film Les Misérables, based on the novel by Victor Hugo and the Broadway musical , takes place in 1800s Paris and artistically develops characters and scenes that depict revolution-era France.
Dramatic Steed13 of 20
Add a knightly touch to your bookcase with this sleek and sophisticated ceramic horse head.
SHOP NOW: Jonathan Adler horse head, $295
Beacon of Light14 of 20
These rustic candleholders feel as if they had been hand-sculpted ages ago.
SHOP NOW: West Elm tapers, $29-$34
Fanciful Pillows15 of 20
These silk embroidered pillows feel similar to the styling of the dresses worn by the cast.
SHOP NOW: Horchow pillows, $345
On POPSUGAR: 105 DIY Projects That Will Make You Proud
On the Side16 of 20
This mink velvet chair is French glamour at its finest.
SHOP NOW: Jason Home velvet chair, $475
Argo17 of 20
Directed by Ben Affleck, Argo captures the 1980 joint CIA-Canadian secret operation to rescue six fugitive American diplomatic personnel from revolutionary Iran. Inspired by the film's 1980s setting, pieces like tweed pillows and a sleek desk capture the essence of this Oscar nominee.
On POPSUGAR: Sort It Out: 21 Chic Picks for Office Organization
United Colors18 of 20
Inspired by fabrics popular in the 1980s, this pastel pillow complements any interior style.
SHOP NOW: Crate & Barrel pintura pillow, $35
Homeland Office19 of 20
A stylish take on the CIA's desk, this contemporary desk is a statement piece for any home office.
SHOP NOW: Design Within Reach desk, $2,695
On POPSUGAR: Bookcase Styling Ideas We Stole From the Pros
Dramatic Entry20 of 20
Add drama to your entryway with this polished nickel chandelier.
SHOP NOW: Bed, Bath & Beyond chandelier, $498
- How to look effortlessly hot at the gym
- The 14 Best Couples' Halloween Costumes
- The only way to celebrate National Cat Day
- The Best Guest Beds Under $999
- 8 Bargain Shopping Tricks You've Never Tried
- The 22 Most Bizarre Names For Wall Paints
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession