Mikki Taylor's Living With Style
- Next1 of 8Steve Cole/Getty Images
- Previous Next2 of 8Walter B. McKenzie/Getty Images
- Previous Next3 of 8Tim Platt/Getty Images
- Previous Next4 of 8Courtesy of BHLDN
- Previous Next5 of 8Courtesy of BHLDN
- Previous Next6 of 8Courtesy of TIBI and ASOS
- Previous Next7 of 8Courtesy of J.Crew
- Previous Next8 of 8Jamie Grill/Getty Images
- Mikki Taylor's Living With StyleMakeover Your Home in 30 minutes or Less
- Wedding DIYs That Are Actually Worth It
- The Most Embarrassing Wedding Fails Ever
- 10 Unexpected Colors For Home Exteriors
- 8 clever DIY ideas for your kitchen
- 12 Fun Facts to Kick Off Your Summer
- The Best Anti-Aging Products For Your Home
- A+ Teacher's Gifts For Less Than $20
- 8 Ways To Make Over Your Windows
- How to Protect Your Biggest Decor Investments
- Home Decor Tricks Every Woman Should Know
- Fresh (Not Frumpy) Floral Decor
- 10 Cheap & Chic Summer Decorating Trends
- Unbelievable Bathroom Makeovers
- Outdoor Entertaining Essentials Under $75
- Instagram Feeds To Follow For Home Decor
- Design Secrets For A Stress-Free Home
- Unforgettable Front Porches
- Design Ideas For Travel Lovers
Wedding Wear 1011 of 8
This month, resident lifestyle and beauty expert Mikki Taylor tackles one reader's wedding season dilemma. Camila J. writes:
Mikki, it seems like I have a wedding every weekend this summer. With so many, how does a single girl like myself survive without going broke or wearing the same three outfits over and over again?
Here, Mikki shares her six must-try style tips for any special occasion.
Plan of Attack2 of 8
Wedding season should be fun, so don't stress. First, start by looking at each wedding invitation through a fresh fashion lens. Ask yourself: Who's getting married? What time of day is the wedding taking place? Is there any suggested attire? Where is the wedding taking place? Questions like these will help you define your dress code for the occasion.
Repeat Performance3 of 8
While weddings are special, never feel compelled to shop for a new look and break the bank in the process. I'm sure you already own a few looks that fit the bill with flair. I say, who cares if you wear a dress more than once? Trust me: The fashion police won't be on your trail from wedding to wedding making a report!
All in the Details4 of 8
It's always the little things that make a big difference when it comes to great style. Look to vintage shops for costume jewelry, ladylike accessories such as embellished clutches, and my summer-wedding must-have: veils. Yes, small veils are OK for wedding guests to wear! Like fascinator hats, little veils have fine details such as tiny bows or leaves throughout to elevate any dress.
SHOP NOW: Silk Coil Hat, $120
Easy Upgrade5 of 8
On a budget? Add a hint of Southern belle to a work dress for your next afternoon affair. I've worn lovely pale gloves to add a sense of formality to my usual daytime frocks so they'd be wedding-ready.
SHOP NOW: Peachy Keen Gloves, $70
Separate Ways6 of 8
While a dance-worthy cocktail dress is perfect for any wedding, separates are allowed as well. Try a lovely peplum top paired with a pencil skirt or flirty, fit-and-flare alternative. Let rich fabrics rule: taffeta, brocade, lace, silk or crepe.
Step It Up7 of 8
If a bride requests black-tie attire, then formal gowns are required. Go for drama with a gown in a rich, sophisticated hue. Think timeless shapes, beautiful necklines (one-shoulder, strapless, jewel) and formal fabrics (silk, crepe, chiffon). If you don't own a gown, then consider working a shrug over a beautiful maxi dress in a bold, solid hue paired with evening accessories.
SHOP NOW: Arabelle Long Dress in Silk Chiffon, $365
Be My Guest8 of 8
With these easy updates, dressing for wedding season will be a cinch!
Mikki Taylor is a veteran style and beauty authority and author of Commander in Chic: Every Woman's Guide to Managing Her Style Like a First Lady.
Do you have a style or beauty question for Mikki? Send it to LivingWithStyleonGlo@gmail.com and it may be selected for an upcoming column!
- How to Be Funny: 9 Essential Tips
- 9 Mistakes That Are Aging Your Hair
- New shopping service makes office-wear effortless
- How To Dress Like Your Favorite Cartoon
- 15 Most Unforgettable Celebrity Brows
- 9 Ways Your House Can Help You Stay Fit
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession