30 great American-made products
- Next1 of 31Daily Herald Archive/SSPL/Getty Images
- Previous Next2 of 31Courtesy of Merle Norman
- Previous Next3 of 31Courtesy of Etsy
- Previous Next4 of 31Courtesy of Mode Cosmetics
- Previous Next5 of 31Courtesy of Cal Ben Beauty
- Previous Next6 of 31Courtesy of Philosophy
- Previous Next7 of 31Courtesy of Beatrix Bell
- Previous Next8 of 31Courtesy of Farr West
- Previous NextWant It!9 of 31Courtesy of Canvas Home Store
- Previous NextWant It!10 of 31Courtesy of Etsy
- Previous NextWant It!11 of 31Courtesy of Nantucket Knotworks
- Previous NextWant It!12 of 31Courtesy of Yellow Owl Workshop
- Previous NextWant It!13 of 31Courtesy of Carol's Daughter
- Previous NextWant It!14 of 31Courtesy of Smith's
- Previous NextWant It!15 of 31Courtesy of Etsy
- Previous Next16 of 31Courtesy of Caren Products
- Previous NextWant It!17 of 31Courtesy of Burt's Bees
- Previous NextWant It!18 of 31Courtesy of Benjamin Moore
- Previous NextWant It!19 of 31Courtesy of Pendleton
- Previous NextWant It!20 of 31Courtesy of Field Notes Brand
- Previous NextWant It!21 of 31Courtesy of Longhorn Jeans
- Previous NextWant It!22 of 31Courtesy of Longaberger
- Previous NextWant It!23 of 31Courtesy of Etsy
- Previous NextWant It!24 of 31Courtesy of Essie
- Previous NextWant It!25 of 31Courtesy of O & G Studio
- Previous NextWant It!26 of 31Courtesy of Hanky Panky
- Previous NextWant It!27 of 31Courtesy of MCMC Fragrances
- Previous NextWant It!28 of 31Courtesy of Yes To Carrots
- Previous NextWant It!29 of 31Courtesy of OKA b.
- Previous NextWant It!30 of 31Courtesy of Tom's of Maine
- Previous NextWant It!31 of 31Courtesy of Malin + Goetz
- 30 great American-made productsMakeover Your Home in 30 minutes or Less
- Wedding DIYs That Are Actually Worth It
- The Most Embarrassing Wedding Fails Ever
- 10 Unexpected Colors For Home Exteriors
- 8 clever DIY ideas for your kitchen
- 12 Fun Facts to Kick Off Your Summer
- The Best Anti-Aging Products For Your Home
- A+ Teacher's Gifts For Less Than $20
- 8 Ways To Make Over Your Windows
- How to Protect Your Biggest Decor Investments
- Home Decor Tricks Every Woman Should Know
- Fresh (Not Frumpy) Floral Decor
- 10 Cheap & Chic Summer Decorating Trends
- Unbelievable Bathroom Makeovers
- Outdoor Entertaining Essentials Under $75
- Instagram Feeds To Follow For Home Decor
- Design Secrets For A Stress-Free Home
- Unforgettable Front Porches
- Design Ideas For Travel Lovers
Born in the U.S.A.1 of 31
Just in time for the Fourth of July, Woman's Day has rounded up 30 of the best all-American items. —Glo
These days, it seems as if most of our favorite goods are foreign made. But American ingenuity is actually alive and well, as we discovered when we scoured coast to coast in search of alluring, beauty-bolstering finds. From mascara to blue jeans, these homegrown wares flaunt American heritage and charm—and could use your support. And what better chance to buy USA-made than the anniversary of our country’s independence? It’s time to start celebrating!
Patriotic Polishes2 of 31
This 4th of July, give your fingers the red, white and blue treatment. This colorful kit from OPI and Merle Norman Cosmetics celebrates the California companies’ U.S. pride.
SHOP NOW: OPI The Americana, $13
ON WOMAN'S DAY: 5 Tricky Beauty Techniques Made Easy
Summer Scarf3 of 31
Minnesota-based Sweeney Boutique’s lightweight scarves give you a reason to wrap up and step out this season. The floral pattern looks great with a solid tee and a summery backdrop.
SHOP NOW: Floral Summer Infinity Scarf, $20
ON WOMAN'S DAY: Swimsuits That Flatter Every Shape
Brush Up4 of 31
Put on makeup like a New Yorker and look fabulous with Mode’s line of beauty products, all made in the Big Apple. This dye-free brush is oh-so-soft, and the fibers guarantee a flawless finish.
SHOP NOW: Professional Kabuki World’s Softest Premium Makeup Brush, $10
Fresh Start5 of 31
With this Californian product, you can forget about the flakes and residue that give bar soap a bad name. Cal Ben contains pure cocoa butter to keep skin smooth and radiant.
SHOP NOW: Complexion Beauty Pure Soap, $21 for set of 12
Orange Crush6 of 31
The invigorating scent of mimosas, the beloved brunch beverage, is now available in an all-in-one shower gel, shampoo and bubble bath. The Philosophy product, made in Phoenix, AZ, comes with a full recipe for the cocktail right on the bottle.
SHOP NOW: Mimosa Shower Gel, $16
ON WOMAN'S DAY: 8 Bizarre Beauty Tips
Gold Standard7 of 31
Get some Louisiana charm (or in this case, charms) with Beatrix Bell’s jewelry collection, handcrafted in New Orleans. These gold-filled dazzlers are tarnish-proof and make a perfect summer accessory.
SHOP NOW: Textured Disc Earrings with Turquoise, $26
Cool Cami8 of 31
Whether you want a sexy V-neck or a more modest U-neck, you can have it with this reversible camisole, made by Farr West in the far west (of Watsonville, CA, to be exact). Add the undershirt to any outfit or wear it as a pajama top. Bonus: The satin charmeuse doesn’t cling.
SHOP NOW: V-Neck Essentials Camisole, $41
Sleek Silhouette9 of 31
This striking hand-carved lamp is Amish-made, and is part of a collection of ceramics, wooden objects, textiles, accessories and furniture created by artisans and craftsmen from around the US.
SHOP NOW: Wooden Lamp, $210
Bamboo State10 of 31
Amy Stringer-Mowat and her husband, Bill, the Brooklyn, New York–based duo behind AHeirloom, custom-make state-shaped cutting boards from plyboo, a form of bamboo. A heart or star can be placed on your hometown.
SHOP NOW: Cutting Boards, $40
Patriot Bracelet11 of 31
Nantucket Knotworks’ bracelets are born in North Carolina (where the line is twisted), hand-tied in New England and dyed in New York.
SHOP NOW: Nantucket Knotworks bracelet, from $7
ON WOMAN'S DAY: 10 Things Men Wish Women Knew About Sex
Stamp Of Approval12 of 31
These maple-mounted natural rubber Beachscape stamps from Yellow Owl Workshop are the brainchild of a husband-and-wife team in San Francisco.
SHOP NOW: Beachscape Stamps, $30
ON WOMAN'S DAY: How to Make A Seashell Wreath
Milky Way13 of 31
Carol’s Daughter’s nourishing Hair Milk Shampoo and Conditioner—made lovingly in California—are packed with vitamins and emollients.
SHOP NOW: Carol's Daughter Hair Milk, from $16
ON WOMAN'S DAY: 8 Homemade Hair Treatments
Rosebud Salve14 of 31
Formulated as an all-purpose skin ointment in 1892, Smith’s popular rose-tinted balm—made in Joppa, Maryland—is a cult classic for lips.
SHOP NOW: Smith's Rosebud Salve, $6
Poster Child15 of 31
Designed by artist Gregory Beauchamp and printed in Delaware, the letterpress States United poster features to-scale state silhouettes in a heart shape as a gentle reminder to forget regional and political divides.
SHOP NOW: States United Letterpress, $35
ON WOMAN'S DAY: 10 Foolproof Ways to Get in the Mood
Feet First16 of 31
Take care of your tootsies with this sole rejuvenator made in Roswell, GA. Peppermint oil and menthol make this foot cream soothing, while the natural minty fragrance revitalizes your senses.
SHOP NOW: Caren Original Foot Treatment, $12
Lip Service17 of 31
North Carolina–based Burt’s Bees, which began selling beeswax candles at fairs in 1984, introduced pigmented chapstick (in six sheer hues) recently.
SHOP NOW: Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm, $7
ON WOMAN'S DAY: Swimsuits That Flatter Every Shape
Shades Of Hope18 of 31
Benjamin Moore has been U.S.-based for 125 years and now offers 3,300-plus shades of paint.
SHOP NOW: Benjamin Moore Paint, from $34 per gallon
ON WOMAN'S DAY: 12 Secrets of Home Design Professionals
Motor Robes19 of 31
First made in 1909 as a lap blanket for carriage travelers, Pendleton’s classic plaid wovens start with sheep in Oregon, whose wool is woven in Washington.
SHOP NOW: Pendleton Plaid Blanket, $118
At A Glance20 of 31
Bound in the colors of county fair ribbons, these 48-page County Fair pads include facts and figures about your state (think state flower, population, nickname).
SHOP NOW: Field Notes Brand, $10 for 3
The Sally21 of 31
Based in Los Angeles, Longhorn Jean Company is known for their western-inspired denim line, which includes this behind-bolstering bootcut pair.
SHOP NOW: Longhorn Jeans, $88
In The Family22 of 31
Ohio-based Longaberger—a basketmaking company inspired by the Longaberger family’s rich history with the craft—carries this classic Medium Market Basket in three stains: black, rich brown and warm brown.
SHOP NOW: Market Basket, $79
Where The Heart Is23 of 31
When you buy Love, California’s wool felt pillow in the shape of your country or state, the company (which is actually based in Texas) will hand-stitch a heart over the town where you live.
SHOP NOW: Customizable USA Pillow, $56
Too Too Hot24 of 31
Women have loved New Yorker Essie Weingarten’s nail polish colors—300 types, all produced in Little Rock, Arkansas—since Essie was launched in 1981.
SHOP NOW: Essie Nailpolish, $8
Chair Lift25 of 31
The Fox Point Armchair is made by Warren, Rhode Island’s O & G Studio from maple, ash and pine grown in New England.
SHOP NOW: Fox Point Armchair, $615
ON WOMAN'S DAY: 10 of America's Most Beautiful Landmarks
Barely There26 of 31
Hanky Panky’s comfortable lace panties are made in New York—and every fiber used is grown or made on American soil.
SHOP NOW: Lace V-kini, $27
ON WOMAN'S DAY: Foolproof Underwear for Every Body Type
Maine Scent27 of 31
Based in Brooklyn, New York, the personable perfume company hand-blends and -bottles this scent that celebrates Maine’s sea air.
SHOP NOW: MCMC Fragrance, $110
Yes to Carrots28 of 31
This relatively new company, which has quickly become a skincare sensation, operates right out of San Francisco, and uses natural ingredients—like carrots, soy beans and avocado oil—that are cultivated around the U.S.
SHOP NOW: Yes to Carrots, $9
Flipping Out29 of 31
Knot your average flip-flops, OKA b.’s are crafted from rubbery Microplast material outside Atlanta.
SHOP NOW: OKA b. sandals, $25
Beauty Bar30 of 31
Loaded with natural olive oil, glycerin and vitamin E, Tom’s of Maine’s ultra-rich cleansing and moisturizing slab is indeed made in New England, the company’s home of 41 years.
SHOP NOW: Tom's soap, $3.19
Unique Aroma31 of 31
New York City-based partners Andrew Goetz and Matthew Malin are the pioneers of this all-natural line that includes skincare, perfume and its latest creation: tobacco-scented candles.
SHOP NOW: Malin + Goetz candles, $22