Unlikely design inspiration: medical school
- Next1 of 10Courtesy of Urban Outfitters
- Previous Next2 of 10Courtesy of Williams Sonoma
- Previous Next3 of 10Courtesy of Jonathan Adler
- Previous Next4 of 10Courtesy of Restoration Hardware
- Previous Next5 of 10Courtesy of Jen Pearson Designs
- Previous Next6 of 10Courtesy of Smallable
- Previous Next7 of 10Courtesy of Beauty Habit
- Previous Next8 of 10Courtesy of Schoolhouse Electric
- Previous Next9 of 10Courtesy of DL & Co
- Previous Next10 of 10Courtesy of Urban Outfitters
House Call1 of 10
By Zoe Schaeffer
Looking to cure your space of decorating malaise? Try a dose of med-school-inspired design. Industrial-looking cabinets, apothecary-style candles and beaker-shaped vases are just a few of the latest ways to improve the "health" and happiness of your home.
Mix It Up2 of 10
This measuring beaker will make testing out new cocktails even more fun.
SHOP NOW: Williams-Sonoma Jigger Measuring Beaker, $4
Wrapped Up3 of 10
The red cross gets the designer treatment with this cozy throw.
SHOP NOW: Jonathan Adler Swiss Cross Throw, $357
Mercury Rising4 of 10
Display your towels and toiletries in this chic replica of a 19th-century pharmacy cabinet.
SHOP NOW: Restoration Hardware Pharmacy Bath Cabinet, $1,195
Simply Striking5 of 10
This repurposed apothecary matchstick bottle serves as a display-worthy alternative to any matchbox. The bottom of each jar is etched to create a strikeable surface.
SHOP NOW: Reclaimed Apothecary Matchstick Bottle, $21
Anatomically Correct6 of 10
The human anatomy becomes très chic with this stylish French wallpaper.
SHOP NOW: Human Skeleton Wallpaper, $125
Natural Sciences7 of 10
Need a little aromatherapy? This beaker candle has a refreshing scent that's slightly citrus-y and spicy.
SHOP NOW: Laboratory Perfumes Gorse Beaker Candle, $60
Chemistry 1018 of 10
At first glance you wouldn't know that this industrial-chic sconce is repurposed from real chem-lab supplies. The test-tube-shaped bulb and the singular cord are evidence of its former science days.
SHOP NOW: Rensselaer Single, $149
Wax Poetic9 of 10
Skulls become less clinical and more captivating when they're set in neon wax.
SHOP NOW: DL & Co Skull Candle, $90
Class Act10 of 10
Use these sleek glass vessels to experiment with different types of floral arrangements.
SHOP NOW: Laboratory Flower Vases, $24
NEXT ON GLO: 8 worst home decor mistakes of all time
- 10 beauty tips for getting photo-ready
- 10 Mistakes Parents Make During the Holidays
- Smile! Racially diverse emojis are coming
- Statement Jewelry for Everyone on Your List
- 8 clever DIY ideas for your kitchen
- How to Be More Outrospective
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession