Mikki Taylor's Self-Indulgent Must Haves
- Next1 of 10Courtesy of Mikki Taylor
- Previous Next2 of 10Courtesy of Charm & Chain
- Previous Next3 of 10Courtesy of Anthropologie
- Previous Next4 of 10Courtesy of Dolce & Gabanna
- Previous Next5 of 10Courtesy of MAC Cosmetics
- Previous Next6 of 10Courtesy of MAC Cosmetics
- Previous Next7 of 10Courtesy of Jo Malone
- Previous Next8 of 10Courtesy of Borghese
- Previous Next9 of 10Courtesy of Moroccanoil
- Previous Next10 of 10Courtesy of Mikki Taylor
- Mikki Taylor's Self-Indulgent Must HavesMakeover Your Home in 30 minutes or Less
- Wedding DIYs That Are Actually Worth It
- The Most Embarrassing Wedding Fails Ever
- 10 Unexpected Colors For Home Exteriors
- 8 clever DIY ideas for your kitchen
- 12 Fun Facts to Kick Off Your Summer
- The Best Anti-Aging Products For Your Home
- A+ Teacher's Gifts For Less Than $20
- 8 Ways To Make Over Your Windows
- How to Protect Your Biggest Decor Investments
- Home Decor Tricks Every Woman Should Know
- Fresh (Not Frumpy) Floral Decor
- 10 Cheap & Chic Summer Decorating Trends
- Unbelievable Bathroom Makeovers
- Outdoor Entertaining Essentials Under $75
- Instagram Feeds To Follow For Home Decor
- Design Secrets For A Stress-Free Home
- Unforgettable Front Porches
- Design Ideas For Travel Lovers
Hot to Trot!1 of 10
By Mikki Taylor
Empowered women know that taking care of themselves isn't selfish—it's self-nurturing. And that's why they live for the rich experiences, great and small: to celebrate just how special they are. So make a bold move starting now, and go fiercely (and fashionably) forward with these confidence-boosting style and beauty recommendations!
Hang Out2 of 10
Break out a pair of striking, shoulder-skimming earrings that move and dazzle as you speak! You can find great designs at all price points and resources anywhere from H&M to Neiman Marcus. My faves include designers Jose & Maria Barrera, Alexis Bittar and Kenneth Jay Lane.
SHOP NOW: Carlone Earrings, $75
Skirting the Issue3 of 10
Work a full and romantic 50s-inspired skirt that swishes when you walk. Try pairing it with a waist-cinching cardigan to modernize your new look. Or don a curve-hugging pencil skirt that makes you take your time as you walk. Très chic.
SHOP NOW: Zagged Stripes Skirt, $98
Scents & Sensibility4 of 10
Treat yourself to a sublime new fragrance. I recommend Dolce & Gabbana's Velvet Love, Escada's Especially Escada or Valentino's Valentina. Spritz it on your pulse points, behind your knees (fragrance rises, and you'll want to catch the drift) and lightly over your hair.
SHOP NOW: Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Love, $195
Word of Mouth5 of 10
Paint the town red by swiping on a great matte red lipstick. My too-hot faves are MAC Cosmetics Lipstick in Russian Red and Yves Saint Laurent's Rouge Pur Couture Lipstick in Le Rouge. And while you're at it, write "I love you" on your mirror!
Cat Woman6 of 10
Sweep on a black felt-tip liner and a pair of fab lashes just to spice things up. Achieve a sultry and sassy look with MAC Cosmetics Rapid Black Penultimate Eye Liner and false eye lashes that will give you an instantly full, sultry look.
Foot Loose7 of 10
Soak your feet after a long day. Fill the bathtub just enough, and sit on the edge to give your tootsies some R&R with Jo Malone's Red Roses Bath Oil. Undeniably glamorous, right? And if anyone accuses you of being a diva, then tell them thanks!
SHOP NOW: Jo Malone Red Roses Bath Oil, $65
In Disposed8 of 10
Hang a small sign on your bathroom door that says "unavailable." Then, after a long, slow bath in Borghese Bagno Di Vita Gentle Foaming Bath (like a soak in the Mediterranean Sea), give yourself a scrubbing facial so you can get your glow on.
SHOP NOW: Borghese Bagno Di Vita Gentle Foaming Bath Gel, $34
De-Tressing9 of 10
Take five, and give your hair a hot, rejuvenating treatment. Mimic salon-worthy results with Moroccan Oil Intense Hydrating Mask, and then show off your efforts with gleaming curls hand-combed into a sexy, unstudied 'do.
SHOP NOW: Moroccan Oil Intense Hydrating Mask, $32
Center of Attention10 of 10
At the end of the day, life is an occasion, and every day is an opportunity to celebrate yourself—wrappings and ribbons optional. Cheers!
Mikki Taylor is a veteran style and beauty authority and author of Commander in Chic, Every Woman's Guide to Managing Her Style Like a First Lady.
Do you have a style or beauty question for Mikki? Send it to LivingWithStyleonGlo@gmail.com and it may be selected for an upcoming column!