8 Ways to Get Your Closet Under Control
4. Rework the Shelves and Bars
Don't be afraid of a little elbow grease and a tape measure. Often times a closet is configured in a way that does not maximize the space, or you find that you need more hanging room. Installing an extra hanging bar or putting in shelves is an easy DIY closet fix. “Remodeling your closet has never been easier,” says Bascon, who suggests the Elfa system at the Container Store, which can be customized to the exact measurements of your space.
5. Choose Different Closets for Different Items
Break out of the one closet in your room by utilizing the hall closet as a logical extension of your wardrobe. “Keep coats, shoes and outer wear in the entry closet, keep your daily wear in your bedroom closet,” suggests Moeller, who is used to getting creative with small New York City apartments and closets.
- How to train your brain to be more optimistic
- The nail-polish color for your zodiac sign
- New fragrance helps you smell like Pharrell
- 10 everyday objects turned into art
- Best Celebrity Bangs in History
- 13 things women do better than men
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession