- NextWant It!1 of 9Tria Giovan for Filipacchi Publishing
- Previous Next2 of 9Liz Glasgow for Filipacchi Publishing
- Previous Next3 of 9Aimee Herring for Filipacchi Publishing
- Previous Next4 of 9Lauren Rubenstein for Filipacchi Publishing
- Previous Next5 of 9Ken Gutmaker for Filipacchi Publishing
- Previous NextWant It!6 of 9Joe Schmelzer for Filipacchi Publishing
- Previous Next7 of 9Paul Dyer for Filipacchi Publishing
- Previous Next8 of 9Emily Followill for Filipacchi Publishing
- Previous Next9 of 9Phillip Clayton-Thompson for Filipacchi Publishing
- Money-wise MakeoversMakeover Your Home in 30 minutes or Less
- Wedding DIYs That Are Actually Worth It
- The Most Embarrassing Wedding Fails Ever
- 10 Unexpected Colors For Home Exteriors
- 8 clever DIY ideas for your kitchen
- 12 Fun Facts to Kick Off Your Summer
- The Best Anti-Aging Products For Your Home
- A+ Teacher's Gifts For Less Than $20
- 8 Ways To Make Over Your Windows
- How to Protect Your Biggest Decor Investments
- Home Decor Tricks Every Woman Should Know
- Fresh (Not Frumpy) Floral Decor
- 10 Cheap & Chic Summer Decorating Trends
- Unbelievable Bathroom Makeovers
- Outdoor Entertaining Essentials Under $75
- Instagram Feeds To Follow For Home Decor
- Design Secrets For A Stress-Free Home
- Unforgettable Front Porches
- Design Ideas For Travel Lovers
Design on a Dime1 of 9
By Amy Elisa Keith
Tired of coming home to the same old house but don't have the budget for a major renovation? A fresh coat of paint and a bit of rearranging can take your space from blah to beautiful, thanks to these tips from the new book, Money-Wise Makeovers by Jean Nayar.
SHOP NOW: Money-Wise Makeovers, $22
Design on a Dime2 of 9
The key in a small space is to go bold and avoid clutter. This oversize mirror visually doubles the room’s size, and its high-impact frame makes it the room's focal point.
Design on a Dime3 of 9
Draping curtains in a wide entryway helps to define the space and soften the look of a room. Note how the periwinkle hue coordinates with the color on the walls, pulling the room together.
Design on a Dime4 of 9
Hang a chandelier (or two) in an unexpected space, such as a bathroom or office, to instantly transform the whole look of the room with a touch of romance.
Design on a Dime5 of 9
Bold pops of color, like an energizing yellow accent wall and complementary throw pillows, can completely reinvent a neutral space (and brighten your mood).
MORE FILIPACCHI BOOKS: Green Living By Design
Design on a Dime6 of 9
Looking for a fun weekend project? Whimsical wallpaper, like this parrot and treebranch pattern by Brunschwig & Fils, quickly revamps a room.
MORE FILIPACCHI BOOKS: Style & Substance: The Best of Elle Decor
Design on a Dime7 of 9
Adding a breakfast nook to an otherwise empty wall in a small kitchen makes the most of limited space. Plus, it can double as a work area or a buffet when entertaining guests.
MORE FILIPACCHI BOOKS: Classic Kitchen Style: The Essential Handbook For a Timeless Design
Design on a Dime8 of 9
Remove bathroom cabinet doors to create the illusion of more space. And take it as an opportunity to create a stay-at-home spa environment: Stack rolls of plush towels and put your soaps and bath salts on display in pretty glass jars.
Design on a Dime9 of 9
In this small upstairs bathroom with sloped ceilings, a few perfect accent pieces — a vintage-inspired mirror framed by decorative sconces — add tons of personality. We love how the pretty basket steps in to fill storage needs.