10 Romantic Date Night Ideas
- Next1 of 11Courtesy of Black Eiffel
- Previous Next2 of 11Courtesy of You + Me
- Previous Next3 of 11Courtesy of A Pair of Pears
- Previous Next4 of 11Scott Andrew
- Previous Next5 of 11Courtesy of Find Joy In The Journey
- Previous Next6 of 11Brandon Kidd
- Previous Next7 of 11jHenderson
- Previous Next8 of 11Elizabeth Messina
- Previous Next9 of 11Courtesy of Black Eiffel
- Previous Next10 of 11Jetsetter
- Previous Next11 of 11Aaron Delesie Photography
- 10 Romantic Date Night IdeasMakeover Your Home in 30 minutes or Less
- Wedding DIYs That Are Actually Worth It
- The Most Embarrassing Wedding Fails Ever
- 10 Unexpected Colors For Home Exteriors
- 8 clever DIY ideas for your kitchen
- 12 Fun Facts to Kick Off Your Summer
- The Best Anti-Aging Products For Your Home
- A+ Teacher's Gifts For Less Than $20
- 8 Ways To Make Over Your Windows
- How to Protect Your Biggest Decor Investments
- Home Decor Tricks Every Woman Should Know
- Fresh (Not Frumpy) Floral Decor
- 10 Cheap & Chic Summer Decorating Trends
- Unbelievable Bathroom Makeovers
- Outdoor Entertaining Essentials Under $75
- Instagram Feeds To Follow For Home Decor
- Design Secrets For A Stress-Free Home
- Unforgettable Front Porches
- Design Ideas For Travel Lovers
Lair of Love1 of 11
By Amy Elisa Keith
Instead of the standard candlelit dinner and Barry White tunes, lifestyle expert Abby Larson of Style Me Pretty reveals her top ten outside-the-box ideas for an intimate night at home. The best part? They're all budget-friendly. Swoon, swoon.
Play Time2 of 11
"Sometimes, all you need to turn up the romance dial is a little bit of fun," says Larson. "Good, old-fashioned Twister fun." Larson spotted this idea on You+Me where a duo turned their backyard into their very own game. When his hand is on red and your leg is on green, there's sure to be some romance in between.
Floor for Two3 of 11
Dining at the dinner table can feel overly stiff and formal. Get closer to your significant other by moving your feast to the floor. "With a bunch of cozy throws and some super-comfy pillows, suddenly, dining à la casa seems special," says Larson, "and kind of sexy." Try serving up fingers foods or smaller bites that you can each feed one another.
Checking In4 of 11
"Transform your own bedroom into a hotel. Crisp new sheets with a fabulous thread count will instantly up the sexy factor," says Larson. Bring candlesticks from the dining room and set a bottle of sparkling wine with fresh strawberries on a silver tray. "Stuff all those boring bedroom items under the bed for the night, and let your imagination run wild."
Guessing Game5 of 11
Rev up the excitement and suspense by presenting your significant other with a sealed envelope filled with hints about your upcoming date night. "I saw this idea on Find the Joy in the Journey and was smitten," says Larson. "In the envelope, include tickets to a great movie you've been dying to see, a gift certificate to your favorite restaurant, a confirmation to a hotel getaway, or a favorite DVD and a recipe for a delicious meal at home."
Great Outdoors6 of 11
Take your party of two to the backyard for movie night. "Rent a screen and a projector from your local library. Then add in some beautiful throws and plush pillows," says Larson. Cuddle up and enjoy some nontraditional movie fare: gourmet popcorn and bubbly.
Room Service7 of 11
For a twist on the traditional B&B experience, enjoy a gourmet meal in the warmth of your own sheets. "Turn the bedroom into a fancy bed and breakfast with yummy treats scored the day before at your local bakery," says Larson. "Serve them on your finest china, and cozy up to the deliciousness."
Sweet Talk8 of 11
"There is something sexy about mixing sugary goodness together in the kitchen," says the founder of Style Me Pretty. "Think Ghost but with butter instead of clay." Add a little chocolate to the equation, and you have the perfect recipe for love to start your evening.
Pitching In9 of 11
Get on trend with glamping, or glamorous camping, which is all the rage, according to Larson. Whether indoors or out, pitch a beautiful tent to create the ultimate lair of love. "Fill it with pretty string lights, your favorite bites, and soft fabrics, and pretend that you're anywhere else but at home," suggests Larson.
Stroke of Genius10 of 11
"Turn your bed into a massage table with some soft towels, and make your own oil by adding your favorite essential oil (like lavender or rose) to a bit of olive or grape-seed oil," says Larson, who suggests taking turns massaging each other. Turn on relaxing music and light some candles to create a truly Zen setting.
Double Date11 of 11
"Nothing screams romance like a table set under the stars with your very best of everything," says Larson. To shake things up, invite another couple over for great conversation and good vino. "Dining al fresco is definitely one of our favorite luxuries in the spring and summer months and the perfect ingredient for a date night."